Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
The question is does SOXOBAMA keep Alex Smith as his #2 best athlete of all time behind Walter Payton?

Yeah, Alex Smith made two good throws to Davis, other than that he was Tebow-esque.

Some of those crossing routes, it looked like he was aiming at the receivers feet.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Billy Cundiff

Lee Evans

Kyle Williams

Both games are going to be remembered for the mistakes these guys made, since there weren't really any heroic moments to remember.

Two outstanding defenses get crushed by their offenses not scoring enough points. Sounds familiar in Chicago.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:49 PM)
Two outstanding defenses get crushed by their offenses not scoring enough points. Sounds familiar in Chicago.

Nice. Because the offense was so bad when Cutler/Forte were healthy.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:51 PM)

They were averaging like 27 points a game which if they finished the season would've been about 5th in the NFL... But, prior to that, every year it was the same old s***.

Just got home from the game. Congrats to the Giants.

No excuses. Our offense didn't show up and Kyle Williams ruin a great season but we havea bright future ahead of us.

Still very proud of our season

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 09:51 PM)

I was referring to the last 10 years or so. The offense was great until the end of the SD game, but overall that hasn't been the story in Chicago/

Well, it was a great game but have to give credit to the Giants, they deserved to win. The future is bright, just need to get Alex some receivers and we will be back.

Still upset with Kyle but starting to feel bad for the guy... The offense had 4 chances after the first screw up.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)
Well, it was a great game but have to give credit to the Giants, they deserved to win. The future is bright, just need to get Alex some receivers and we will be back.

Still upset with Kyle but starting to feel bad for the guy... The offense had 4 chances after the first screw up.

Congratulations, you guys accomplished what we did last year, lose at home in the NFC Championship game :cheers

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:22 PM)

Crabtree, Davis and Gore is a good start in terms of weapons so I dont think the Niners are far off at all. Give them a suitable number 2 wr and they will be in good shape for a few years. It also helps they play in that awful division.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 11:32 PM)
Crabtree, Davis and Gore is a good start in terms of weapons so I dont think the Niners are far off at all. Give them a suitable number 2 wr and they will be in good shape for a few years. It also helps they play in that awful division.

I think they should get a #1 WR before they go after a #2....

And I'm surprised to see how little criticism Alex Smith has gotten for tonight's game. He was pretty awful.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)

Crabtree hasn't impressed me much this year, they need two more receivers along with a full offseason with Harbaugh. All and all it's nice to have the Niners back...

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
I think they should get a #1 WR before they go after a #2....

And I'm surprised to see how little criticism Alex Smith has gotten for tonight's game. He was pretty awful.

Theyre nowhere near as far off with receiving weapons as a lot of teams in the NFL.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:07 AM)
Theyre nowhere near as far off with receiving weapons as a lot of teams in the NFL.

I can't say that I really agree with you. Ginn is the king of drops. Crabtree has been a major disappointment thus far. Kyle Williams? Brett Swain?

Luckily they have Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker is a nice backup TE too.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
I hope kyle Williams doesn't overshadow the crapfest that was Alex smith. Dude got praised so much last week and he was horrendous today, deserves tons of blame

His inexperience showed alot during the final drives. And Eli has cemented himself as a top 5 QB in the game. He was outstanding.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
His inexperience showed alot during the final drives. And Eli has cemented himself as a top 5 QB in the game. He was outstanding.

Meh if the Niners didn't take each other out they had 2 easy picks. He was good but outstanding is a little strong.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
Meh if the Niners didn't take each other out they had 2 easy picks. He was good but outstanding is a little strong.

Kept several plays alive moving his feet throughout. Those plays to Bradshaw for example (on the 30 yard play and the check down) was a perfect indication after he was getting hammered all game. I agree that saying outstanding was a tad strong however. But Eli deserves moving out of the whole "little Peyton's brother" by some out there.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)

Yeah, I agree...Eli played so so, but his lack of athleticism really showed tonight. Several times there was pressure in the pocket that a guy like Rodgers or even Brady would have eluded and Eli just could not escape it.

I thought both games were pretty sloppy...not particularly great execution and I didn't think it was a direct result of any dominant defense or anything.

Hopefully the Super Bowl will have a bit more solid execution involved.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 22, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Kept several plays alive moving his feet throughout. Those plays to Bradshaw for example (on the 30 yard play and the check down) was a perfect indication after he was getting hammered all game. I agree that saying outstanding was a tad strong however. But Eli deserves moving out of the whole "little Peyton's brother" by some out there.

Eli is very good with improvisation. He gets the ball off to the backs fairly well.

One thing I could not understand was why the Giants didn't run more play action. Any time there was a running back in the backfield on a passing play, he would just bail out into the flat rather than faking the handoff to freeze the backers and safeties. Considering how big of a RB Jacobs is, I don't understand why you wouldn't run PA with him more.