Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
Damn the Niners have to face the Saints, Packers, Jets and Pats on the road next season. Plus face the Giants, Lions and Bears at home.

I see the 49ers winning the NFC West with a 11-5 record.

I'm going to that Packers vs. 49ers game next year. I hope it's earlier in the season.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
Damn the Niners have to face the Saints, Packers, Jets and Pats on the road next season. Plus face the Giants, Lions and Bears at home.

I see the 49ers winning the NFC West with a 11-5 record.

You can go ahead and put an L on the Bears/49ers game ;) :D

I'm not gonna goof on HeGone or SoxObama because the way the 49ers lost was really horrible, but you guys also have to realize the way we lost to the Packers was also demoralizing, we lost Cutler and our D kept us in the game long enough for our 3rd string QB to make the game interesting, we could only imagine what would've happened if we had our QB all game long.

We might've won or maybe not but we'll never know for sure.

I thought that the Bears were going to win the Super Bowl last season. Cutler getting injured was horrible for the Bears. If the Bears can add some top WR's, you will be back in the playoffs next season.

The Bears should draft or sign some LB's as well, Urlacher and Briggs are getting a lot older.

I'm going to that Packers vs. 49ers game next year. I hope it's earlier in the season.

It might be the Opening night on Thursday.. I am sure that the Niners will be in a lot of prime time games next season. Which is great to see after so many years of being not a very good team.

Edited by SOXOBAMA

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:32 PM)
I thought that the Bears were going to win the Super Bowl last season. Cutler getting injured was horrible for the Bears. If the Bears can add some top WR's, you will be back in the playoffs next season.

The Bears should draft or sign some LB's as well, Urlacher and Briggs are getting a lot older.

the problem is that they have other way bigger needs right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 12:39 PM)
the problem is that they have other way bigger needs right now.

Exactly. You've all but wasted their prime years (though I think Briggs has a couple years of elite production left) because you couldn't compliment them with a legitimate offense. It's never a good thing when you're most dangerous scoring weapon is your kick returner.

Littllehurt,

The 90s super bowls (is what i meant to say) for the most were dominated by offense. My original comment was that you have to go back before 1990 to find consistent super bowl teams that did not have HOF Qbs.

2000 and beyond more points are being scored, but that doesnt change the fact that since 1990 teams with great QB's have won the most Super Bowls (which was the original point.)

j4l,

It's pass, pass, pass, run, pass, run, run, pass, pass, pass.

Its not just more pass, its more offensive plays in general. More teams run hurry up, no huddle, etc, than did 5 years ago, let alone 20. More plays equals more yards and points.

Are you saying Stafford is a better QB? Or are you saying that todays game makes for more offensive statics?

So I don't really know which of the 5 candidates I'd like to be the next Bears GM. I DO know that I hope it's not Ruskell, but I'm kinda leaning towards Licht or Ross because of their backgrounds. I hope the Bears announce it soon.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Jan 23, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
It is basically the Yankees vs. the Red Sox in the Super Bowl. haha!

Kenny Williams told the media that Kyle had a shoulder injury (I guess the injury was before the game). He also said that he wasn't making excuses. wt????

Statement of facts isn't making excuses.