Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 09:22 AM)
Tebow's running problem is that he's more of a power runner than a Michael Vick "you didn't effing see that" runner. That's fine for most people in the NFL...but a QB as a power runner is eh...because how does that guy stay healthy?

Tebow's problem is that he isn't a good quarterback.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bears Family Night practice has been canceled because of poor field conditions. Pathetic. An absolute joke.

Yea we get to Roosevelt and all these people in Bears gear are getting on the train instead of off and I'm doing a wtf.

Goddamn Bears.

What is the reason for the field being unplayable tonight? Has it been raining up there or something?

edit---nevermind, saw the article where the field wasnt watered enough in time for the practice.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
What is the reason for the field being unplayable tonight? Has it been raining up there or something?

edit---nevermind, saw the article where the field wasnt watered enough in time for the practice.

Amazing considering it is the rainiest July on record in Chicago...

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 07:06 PM)
Yea we get to Roosevelt and all these people in Bears gear are getting on the train instead of off and I'm doing a wtf.

Goddamn Bears.

goddamn bears? this is on the park district. it is time for them to realize that natural grass is not working in that stadium, and it never has

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 08:50 PM)
The Packers use some sorta hybrid and it seems to be working pretty well.

i think a lot of the problems with soldier field lie in the drainage and heavy usage of the field for so many different sports. the grass just never recovers, and the concerts, high school football, college football, and soccer games just kill it.

it has been years and years of the same thing, even after the base of the field was redone and heaters installed after the renovation. it just doesnt work

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 09:37 PM)
i think a lot of the problems with soldier field lie in the drainage and heavy usage of the field for so many different sports. the grass just never recovers, and the concerts, high school football, college football, and soccer games just kill it.

it has been years and years of the same thing, even after the base of the field was redone and heaters installed after the renovation. it just doesnt work

Roger Bossard can fix this (assuming he hasn't tried already, I don't know).

Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher voiced his displeasure with the Soldier Field playing surface a day after unsafe field conditions caused the team's Family Fest practice to be canceled.

"It's a joke," Urlacher said. "I don't understand (why) they can't have the field ready. It sucks for the fans because I'm sure it was a pain in the butt to get down there with the all traffic and everything. I think coach (Lovie Smith) did the right thing in not letting us practice on that stuff."

Tim LeFevour, general manager of Soldier Field, took responsibility for the playing surface being unsafe for the Bears' Family Fest practice Friday night, but LeFevour assured the field would be ready for next Saturday’s preseason opener against Buffalo.

"Over the last few weeks, we've had some extreme heat conditions,'' LeFevour explained Friday. "It was a miscalculation on our ground crew's part. They did not get enough water on the field. Some of the seams opened up. It's not an issue or concern with next week's game. We know it can be corrected. But in the best interest of the team tonight, it was the right move to send them back to Bourbonnais to practice.''

The Bears practiced until 10:30 p.m.after returning to Bourbonnais from Chicago.

The field has been an issue for quite some time and has raised the question on whether the Bears should install FieldTurf.

"I don't understand why we don't have FieldTurf yet," Urlacher said. "We're a fast team. We play fast on FieldTurf.

The injury issues (with FieldTurf) aren't as bad as they used to be."

Urlacher said he is hopeful next weekend's game is not called off due to field issues. LeFevour promised Soldier Field would be ready.

Lacher

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 4, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)
Orton has thrown 41TDs and 21 INTs for the Broncos since he has been there, he may not be as fast as Tebow but I just dont see what Orton has done wrong to throw this at Tebow.

I just dont see him as the type that can define a franchise either. #notbuyingintothehype

Kyle Orton's stats are inflated by being down early. I was reading a Broncos message board a few months ago and there were these insane stats that show when Orton is tied or winning a game, he's downright horrible, but when he's down 17-7 or something, he's really good with 6-19 yard passes but his passes down the field at 20+ yards are horrible too.

It seems like Orton is benefitting from prevent defenses. Neither him or Tebow are going to get Denver to 6 wins this year, so they should just go with Tebow.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 09:59 AM)
Tebow's problem is that he isn't a good quarterback.

Bingo.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 5, 2011 -> 03:10 PM)
So Kreutz is taking less money to play with the Saints.

I guess he really cared a lot about the Bears.

Rumors have it that the Bears really never offered much. That $4m was way off.

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Aug 6, 2011 -> 09:10 PM)
Kyle Orton's stats are inflated by being down early. I was reading a Broncos message board a few months ago and there were these insane stats that show when Orton is tied or winning a game, he's downright horrible, but when he's down 17-7 or something, he's really good with 6-19 yard passes but his passes down the field at 20+ yards are horrible too.

It seems like Orton is benefitting from prevent defenses. Neither him or Tebow are going to get Denver to 6 wins this year, so they should just go with Tebow.

Bingo.

Rumors have it that the Bears really never offered much. That $4m was way off.

The Bears DID offer 4 million to Kreutz, Angelo said so himself in the press conference. Those rumors are incorrect. He stated that they WERE apart by $500k but it went beyond the money.

For Kreutz to turn around and take less from NO is a little odd.

In other news, it appears as though Kelvin Hayden will sign with the Raiders. The Bears are still interested in Tatupu. I wouldn't mind either of those guys. I don't trust Tim Jennings. I like Zach Bowman a lot more.