Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 01:05 AM)
I heard Sharpe's speech was incredible.

Just saw the clip when he was talking about his brother which was awesome. I guess I should have tried to tough it out a little longer.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 12:10 AM)
Just saw the clip when he was talking about his brother which was awesome.

It was incredible. And he's 100% right. Sterling was the much better player and would of been a shoe in if that neck injury didn't cut his career short (people also forget he was one of the best WR in the game before Favre got there and became.. well... Brett Favre). Good to see a Chicago born guy go in nonetheless.

Edited by SoxAce

The Bears need to get out of their Soldier Field lease ASAP. Elk Grove, Schaumburg, or Arlington Heights says hi.

The great thing about all our sports teams is that they actually play in Chicago where there's enough transportation infrastructure to handle those kind of events.

If they moved the team out of Chicago then they aren't really the Chicago Bears now, are they? They might as well become the Arlington Heights Staleys if you move them out of Soldier Field. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the stadium outside of the fact that the Park District and the Bears need to work on turning the grass into the new turf used.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Aug 7, 2011 -> 11:18 PM)
If they moved the team out of Chicago then they aren't really the Chicago Bears now, are they? They might as well become the Arlington Heights Staleys if you move them out of Soldier Field. Personally I don't see anything wrong with the stadium outside of the fact that the Park District and the Bears need to work on turning the grass into the new turf used.

Though I agree the Bears should be on lakefront, plenty of teams don't technically play in the large cities with which they are associated.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 09:14 AM)
Though I agree the Bears should be on lakefront, plenty of teams don't technically play in the large cities with which they are associated.

That's true. I was exaggerating the point that the Bears should remain on the lakefront. Outside of the grass, I don't see much of a problem with Soldier Field. Most people like the old look of the stadium with the new additions inside.

QUOTE (MuckFinnesota @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 10:41 AM)
That's true. I was exaggerating the point that the Bears should remain on the lakefront. Outside of the grass, I don't see much of a problem with Soldier Field. Most people like the old look of the stadium with the new additions inside.

I hate the look of the stadium and think that is by far the biggest mistake they made, worse than the turf issues.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
I hate the look of the stadium and think that is by far the biggest mistake they made, worse than the turf issues.

Agreed. Which group of Philistines came up with that eyesore of an idea?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 10:40 AM)
Mikel LeShoure out for the season with a torn Achilles. Sucks for the ex-Illini guy, and for the Lions who are hoping to compete this season.

Sad to see a guy that I really wanted to succeed get injured like that before the season even started. That said, this is the exact case I was building against all my friends that are Loins fans. There is so much more than just what the team on paper tells you.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Hayden to Visit the Bears

I like the sound of this. I hope we sign him to a reasonable deal. Jennings/Bowman scare me. Don't think we can have too many veteran talented CBs, especially in a division with Megatron, Greg Jennings, Driver, Devin Aromashadou and Juaquin Iglesias.

I was with you until those last 3 WRs ;)

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 11:37 AM)
Hayden to Visit the Bears

I like the sound of this. I hope we sign him to a reasonable deal. Jennings/Bowman scare me. Don't think we can have too many veteran talented CBs, especially in a division with Megatron, Greg Jennings, Driver, Devin Aromashadou and Juaquin Iglesias.

Hayden would be a very nice addition to the Bears. I have very little trust in our CB depth, at the moment.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 12:56 PM)
Hayden would be a very nice addition to the Bears. I have very little trust in our CB depth, at the moment.

The DB's seem like the only position the Bears haven't yet addressed with any help this offseason.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
I probably would of needed closed captioning for it.

I find it comical that someone makes fun of speech and has grammar errors all in the exact same statement.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 09:28 PM)
I find it comical that someone makes fun of speech and has grammar errors all in the exact same statement.

Classic, that's when you have to triple check before posting so you don't look like an idiot.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 8, 2011 -> 08:21 PM)
I probably would of needed closed captioning for it.

You probably wouldn't HAVE since he's an incredibly well-spoken man. It was a fantastic speech. Perhaps give it a listen? Incredibly moving.