Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)
In all the debate about field turf or natural grass, I have yet to see someone bring up the fact that field turf is terrible in the winter. I can only assume that the people writing all of the articles have never even been on field turf and instead are basing their arguments on google searches.

I don't think anybody finds field turf to be an ideal one, just a better one than what the Bears have now. The ideal option would be what Green Bay does with their playing surface, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
I don't think anybody finds field turf to be an ideal one, just a better one than what the Bears have now. The ideal option would be what Green Bay does with their playing surface, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

The heaters would probably help the fieldturf be a bit more safe in the winter. Its just extremely painful to fall on it when those pellets are frozen, it literally gives you hundreds of papercuts.

Most would get applauded for saying something like...

"I was in Denver, not a huge market, came to Chicago and haven't really [sought out] a lot of marketing opportunities because we haven't accomplished what I want to on the field yet. Until we get to the Super Bowl, win Super Bowls and are successful there, then I don't think it's right for me to go out there and venture into those other markets."

Yet Cutler's a bad, bad boy. God I hope he dominates this year. And by that I mean, God I hope the O-Line resembles an O-Line more than Swiss cheese this year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)

"I was in Denver, not a huge market, came to Chicago and haven't really [sought out] a lot of marketing opportunities because we haven't accomplished what I want to on the field yet. Until we get to the Super Bowl, win Super Bowls and are successful there, then I don't think it's right for me to go out there and venture into those other markets."

Yet Cutler's a bad, bad boy. God I hope he dominates this year. And by that I mean, God I hope the O-Line resembles an O-Line more than Swiss cheese this year.

And that's the exact reason people all hate him. High comedy.

He needs to do some DirecTV commercials or something.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:46 PM)

I really don't think anybody feels Jay Cutler lacks the talent to be a franchise quarterback, or that he's a bad guy at all. He just seems to lack basically everything you'd expect a franchise QB for a charter franchise to have outside of raw talent. Really, that article touched on a lot of those things. Maybe he'll be a trendsetter, and become an elite, champion QB despite being by and large aloof. Stranger things have happened.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 10:52 PM)
Steve Smith won't play until midseason at the earliest.

Yup, Philly could take the chance in signing him and putting him on the shelf until October. Not a bad signing at all but I wouldnt expect too much.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 04:46 PM)

That's one hell of a read. I, like you, hope he dominates as well. It's promising to hear that he's actually been working hard in the offseason, lost some weight, toned up, and apparently improved his footwork a ton. As long as the o-line keeps him off his back, the offense should be fine.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
That's one hell of a read. I, like you, hope he dominates as well. It's promising to hear that he's actually been working hard in the offseason, lost some weight, toned up, and apparently improved his footwork a ton. As long as the o-line keeps him off his back, the offense should be fine.

Hey, weird question. Did you notice the Madden demo is out? Bears vs Packers? CUTLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 12:06 PM)
Clay Matthews played the second half of last season with a stress fracture in his lower leg.

Hopefully he stays healthy all year.

Hopefully he doesn't...as a Bears fan.

I love reading that though. What a gamer.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 11:06 AM)
Clay Matthews played the second half of last season with a stress fracture in his lower leg.

Hopefully he stays healthy all year.

Pretty crazy to think a star player can actually play through a serious injury on his way to a championship.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 01:38 PM)
It will never F*CKING end will it?

I'm not even going to make the claim that it's fair. But, regardless of what anybody says in his defense, until/unless Jay Cutler wins a Super Bowl, his career will be defined by that moment.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)
I'm not even going to make the claim that it's fair. But, regardless of what anybody says in his defense, until/unless Jay Cutler wins a Super Bowl, his career will be defined by that moment.

As long as folks like you keep ceaselessly bringing it up.

I agree with Stevotown, I basically forgot that Cutler got injured, because injuries are not something that I really dwell on. Bottom line is Cutler got a real X receiver this year and well see what happens.

Knox size was just to much of a detriment for the position that he played. Im pretty sure there is a silly stat about how many of Cutler's picks were thrown to Knox. Just not physical enough.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 02:46 PM)

Meh, its not even as memorable as him getting the s*** knocked out of him vs NYC.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
Meh, its not even as memorable as him getting the s*** knocked out of him vs NYC.

Actually, I'd say that Cutler's game against NYG is much less memorable.

At least for Cutler, I'm sure it is.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 07:24 PM)
Tolbert scores a TD. He got me quite a few fantasy points last season. I don't care if it's scrubs, it's fun to have football back!

ahmen! i normally dont want preseason football but i just miss it too damn much this year