Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 11:07 PM)
That call on AJ Hawk at the end of the game was BS.

former NFL referee was asked about this on his twitter and this is his response

Pass interference rule: pg 48. "playing through the back of an opponent in an attempt to make a play on the ball." That is a foul.

If you run into the back of him, than yes. Aj Hawk jumped completely over him and didn't touch him until he had already made contact with the ball.

It dosen't really matter, I think it was a good play even if it was a foul. If he dosen't make a play for the ball Sporles was going to catch it.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 04:44 PM)
he went through Sproles right shoulder. it was a great play on the ball, but the contact was before the ball arrived and impacted Sproles ability to catch the ball.

This. He blasted through Sproles(just didn't fall down yet, nor was he on the downturn yet) and batted the ball. It was a good play though, because Sproles would've caught that. I don't get why Payton didn't leave the offense spread out though. Even if you're going for a run, the Packers had to guard against the pass.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 8, 2011 -> 02:22 PM)
Colts games were getting unwatchable the last year or two anyway. I was getting sick of Peyton, turning into Favre #2, no thanks.

As a fan, I felt the same way. They were not a good team. In fact I only watched the 2nd half of the playoffs cause I knew they were not a Super Bowl team.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 07:53 AM)
And considering that 14 other NFC teams have yet to play a meaningful game.

The first game and maybe the next two are not always the best measurement of a team's performance. The NFL is kinda bad the first month.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 04:04 PM)
As a fan, I felt the same way. They were not a good team. In fact I only watched the 2nd half of the playoffs cause I knew they were not a Super Bowl team.

They were in the Super Bowl in 2010 and started that 2009 season what, 12-0?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 12:36 PM)
My god.. Kerry Collins is bad. Yea unless the Colts D goes Ravens early 2000s, their season is already doomed.

This season will end any debate that Tom Brady is on Peyton Manning's level. This sucks for the Colts now. But in the long-run, this could be huge for them, if they're as bad as many think they will be. I compare it to the '97 Spurs. If David Robinson doesn't miss 76 games that year, they don't get that Tim Duncan fella.