Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 10, 2011 -> 10:57 PM)
I swear, this is White Sox baseball all over again for me. I fear what will happen to my Cowboys and Rams tomorrow. I can only assume Romo and Bradford get season ending injuries, and just to piss on my fantasy team, Miles Austin and Steven Jackson will also suffer injuries.

Well, that was quick. Steven Jackson didn't even get to 3 carries before he got injured and is out for the game. :chair :chair :chair

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Cutler had an easy TD throw to Davis and overthrew him. Even though his stats are nice (15/20, 219 yards, 1 TD) he has not played as well as those stats indicate.

2 ways to take that though...if Cutler had played a perfect game so far, he'd have almost put this game in the bag, and he's done a number of really good things so far.

He missed that throw, he forced 1 throw to Hester, and he's held the ball too long on a few plays.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
2 ways to take that though...if Cutler had played a perfect game so far, he'd have almost put this game in the bag, and he's done a number of really good things so far.

He missed that throw, he forced 1 throw to Hester, and he's held the ball too long on a few plays.

He's also been bailed out by his WRs. Knox especially. And he's forced 2 throws that should have been picked.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:25 PM)
He's also been bailed out by his WRs. Knox especially. And he's forced 2 throws that should have been picked.

"Jay Cutler being bailed out by his WR's" is something that almost never happened last year. We might have seen that more in 1 game this year than in the first 8 last year.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:26 PM)
You must have an unnatural hate for Cutler.

I'm one of the few here that backed him up last season. You must have forgot that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 01:27 PM)
"Jay Cutler being bailed out by his WR's" is something that almost never happened last year.

Absolutely. Hell the O-Line has played very well too IMO. It's the first game though so guys probably aren't playing up to par quite yet.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 11, 2011 -> 02:30 PM)
Bears look good...

Always gotta remember after halftime our running game becomes pretty effective; combine that with Cutler and the Bears will hopefully hang onto this one

This is right where you want that Bears defense to be...where one big play can kill a team. Because the defense starts drooling when the pressure is on the other team.