Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 08:24 AM)
ESPNStatsInfo ESPN Stats & Info

Colts worst reg season loss since drafting Peyton Manning was a 38-pt loss to the Jets in 1998, Manning's rookie year.

The Colts without Peyton is akin to the Cavaliers without LeBron.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 09:41 AM)
We saw the difference between Kubiak and Belichek yesterday. Up 34-0, Kubiak's team tried running out the clock in the 2nd half. Belichek's team would have applied pressure until the end, likely winning by 60 or so.

Meh, it's the NFL not some unfairly matched college opponent. Stop somebody if you don't like it.

I enjoyed the Ravens fake extra point while up 27-7. There's already enough bad blood in that matchup, I'm sure that won't help.

Didn't get to watch the game at Soldier Field, but couldn't have asked for a better start to the season. I will be in NOLA for the game Sunday. Bears.

No coaches like Kubiak are smart. All it takes is one bad hit on Brady and a 60-0 blow out turns into a season loss. Smart coaches put the other team away, and then do everything in their power to prevent injuries to their most important players.

It makes far more sense to run the score up in college where perception matters in rankings. If you beat an opponent 60-0 voters will think you destroyed them, if you win 28-27 you just got by.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 10:57 AM)
No coaches like Kubiak are smart. All it takes is one bad hit on Brady and a 60-0 blow out turns into a season loss. Smart coaches put the other team away, and then do everything in their power to prevent injuries to their most important players.

It makes far more sense to run the score up in college where perception matters in rankings. If you beat an opponent 60-0 voters will think you destroyed them, if you win 28-27 you just got by.

Exactly... I was quite upset with the decision to have Cutler play the entire game yesterday. Hanie should have been in midway through the 4th quarter at worst. The game was over and Hanie could have mopped it up well.

Plus, as limited as game reps are for backup QBs during the regular season, that would have been a prime opportunity for Hanie to get quality reps against a solid defense. I honestly hate coaches like Belichick who leave starters in the whole game even when they're up big.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 12:07 PM)
Exactly... I was quite upset with the decision to have Cutler play the entire game yesterday. Hanie should have been in midway through the 4th quarter at worst. The game was over and Hanie could have mopped it up well.

Plus, as limited as game reps are for backup QBs during the regular season, that would have been a prime opportunity for Hanie to get quality reps against a solid defense. I honestly hate coaches like Belichick who leave starters in the whole game even when they're up big.

For once with the lack of an off season, I can understand it.

I have really not been expecting too much from the Bears this year. My NFC North standings would be Packers, Lions, Bear, Vikings with the Pack running away with the division. I am a Packers fan, but I have to give the Bears props for yesterday. Cutler look pretty good and the defense was solid. Can't wait for Packers/Bears in a couple weeks.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:07 PM)
I became a huge Stevie Johnson fan last year because of his twitter rant against god but that's pretty bad.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
A shot to the knees like that is cheap.

It was also near the end of a play about 15 yards away

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 12, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
Chiefs season is over now.

Stevie Johnson can go f*** himself. I hope someone takes out his knees too. Karma is a b****.

Stevie Johnson now has an entire college football fanbase (Tennessee) that hates him.