Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 20, 2011 -> 12:55 AM)
Score prediction for Sunday: Bills 59, Pats 6. Fitzpatrick throws for 497 yards and 6 TDs and points a finger at Belichick.

Either way, the total is only 55 or so here in Vegas, which seems pretty low to me.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 09:34 PM)
How the hell are you only out a month with a dislocated knee?

Either that timeframe or that injury is incorrect.

The Bears will be moving parts this week as first-round draft pick Gabe Carimi will miss time after suffering a subluxation of his right kneecap late in the second quarter of Sunday's loss at New Orleans.

It's a partial dislocation that is similar to an injury the right tackle suffered during his career at Wisconsin, and in a best-case scenario, he might be sidelined only two games. The best news for the Bears is there isn't ligament damage.

Carimi was a durable performer in four seasons as a starter for the Badgers, missing only three games. He left the Louisiana Superdome wearing a knee brace.

Link

Just got back from NOLA last night. The game & experience were fun, other than the final score of course. It's crazy how you can just walk up & down the street to the stadium drinking anywhere you please, in front of cops, like it's no big deal.

Saints fans were so nice, I've never seen anywhere near that hospitality at any road venue I have ever been too. Many of them also told me how awful they were treated at Soldier Field a years back, yet they didn't hold grudges and were friendly as can be. Never heard Bears fans get that bad of a rap, but I'm sure the magnitude of the NFC Champ. game, as well as ignorance to how bad Katrina was led to some awful fans.

NFL threatens fines, suspensions for faking injuries

The NFL sent a memo Wednesday to all 32 teams warning of fines, suspensions and loss of draft picks if the league determines players faked injuries during a game.

In the memo obtained by ESPN and The Associated Press, the NFL reminded teams of league policy that calls on coaches to discourage the practice, and that there was no specific rule on the topic.

However, two days after there was speculation the Giants' Deon Grant faked an injury against the Rams during the Monday night game, the NFL is warning of disciplinary action.

Rams coach Steve Spagnuolo said Tuesday the team notified the league office that it suspected the Giants were feigning injuries in St. Louis' 28-16 loss. Rams quarterback Sam Bradford said it was obvious the Giants were just buying time with St. Louis running a no-huddle offense.

"They couldn't get subbed, they couldn't line up," Bradford said. "Someone said, 'Someone go down, someone go down,' so someone just went down and grabbed a cramp."

The memo from the league said:

"Going forward, be advised that should the league office determine that there is reasonable cause, all those suspected of being involved in faking injuries will be summoned promptly to this office ... to discuss the matter. Those found to be violators will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action for conduct detrimental to the game."

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Link

Still raspy-voiced from a kick to the throat and beatdown by the New Orleans Saints defense, Bears quarterback Jay Cutler rapped twice on a lectern when pondering whether he could make it through the rest of this season with this type of punishment.

"I don't know," Cutler said. "I don't know."

Cutler absorbed six sacks, in addition to 16 hits against the Saints in the club's 30-13 loss on Sunday, resulting in extreme soreness in the quarterback's throat, "hips, we can go down the list," he said, jokingly.

"I'm not worried about it," he said. "We're 1-1. There's still a lot of football to be played. If this continues, then obviously we're gonna have a problem. We're gonna have to address it. But I'm looking forward to this game. I know the guys are gonna bounce back, as will I."

Cutler admitted the Saints "pressed up" the team's receivers "pretty good," adding "that's where we're gonna have to get the running game going, and pop some creases in there and get them off of us."

They'll have to do something because teams won't call off the dogs in terms of the pass rush until the Bears find a way to beat it. For instance, when opponents blitz one or more defensive backs, Cutler has completed just 9 of 22 for 109 yards, and suffered five sacks while putting up a QBR of -- this isn't a typo -- 5.1, and a passer rating of 56.8, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

"This happened to us last year. We struggled with some things. We made some changes," Cutler said. "That's what this league is about: Going out there and putting stuff on film. People are gonna react to it. We've got to react back. That's how it goes. It's back and forth. Offensively, it's not like we're out there busting plays or forgetting stuff. We're just missing one little thing. Like I said last year, this thing takes 11 guys, and if we have one miscue the whole thing's gonna go up in smoke."

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 21, 2011 -> 04:18 PM)
DeAngelo Hall is a piece of s***....

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/break...0,1445864.story

I hope he gets fined/suspended for that. You can think and even do those things, but you can't say it to the media. And saying they plan to injury as many guys as they can is pretty easily a fineable offense.

Why not? Teddy Brushki(sp?) the old linebacker of Pats who everyone seems to love said pretty much same thing when Arian Foster posted his injury, he even said to do it when the refs cant see in a pile.