Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Papa Tru @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 01:29 AM)
Meh, disagreed.. dogs have no way of defending themselves against a human being and have no control over the way they are treated.. but then again, I just don't care about other people

If you care more about dogs than people, I don't know what to tell ya...

And dogs do have ways of fighting back. Ever gotten bit by a rabid dog?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 19, 2011 -> 08:24 AM)
"Wishing him to lose a football game in the city where he disgraced himself" ≠ wishing harm upon him.

Vick got hurt in that game. I thought he was referring to that. But then again, I don't know.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nfl/story/_/id/...-offensive-line

Jay Cutler was sacked a league-worst 52 times during the regular season last year, and he's already been sacked 11 times in two games this season. The Saints dropped him six times and hit him 16 times.

"We did everything you could possibly do to that [offensive line] position," Angelo told the Bears' website. "Nobody did more than the Chicago Bears."

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 01:56 AM)
If you care more about dogs than people, I don't know what to tell ya...

And dogs do have ways of fighting back. Ever gotten bit by a rabid dog?

Generalization red flag. I care about my dog more than alot of people. I'd choose my dog over the 2 f***ers who robbed the store in my building at gunpoint yesterday.

QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 02:39 AM)
So, dogs get rabies as a form of revenge?

If you've ever been to a third world country (especially those in Asia), you will know that dogs usually aren't domesticated and run wild like wolves. Different cultures have different perspectives and those perspectives are there for a reason.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
Generalization red flag. I care about my dog more than alot of people. I'd choose my dog over the 2 f***ers who robbed the store in my building at gunpoint yesterday.

Then aren't you just generalizing a portion of the human race by what you saw yesterday?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 01:28 PM)

I don't even think that highlighted section is the worst of what he said.

He brings up drafting Chris Williams, who looks more and more like a bust. (Drafted to play a position he can't)

And he says "We brought in a player with a lot of NFL experience who is still in his prime." This being Chris Spencer... The man brought in to replace Olin Kreutz, but then wasn't an opening day starter, at all.

Most of his "reasons" that the Bears have done more than anyone else are just reasons he should be fired, not improvements to the line.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 01:10 AM)
As long as they cleanly and legitimately injury as many players as they can?

Romo wants to go out there then its on him. It's not like this is the movies and we're going to see some over the top hit that ruins the guy's career.

You sound like you think Romo should be wearing a red jersey out there because he is injured.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 12:28 PM)

:lolhitting Are you kidding me, Angelo??? Nobody did less than the Bears over the last 5 years to improve their offensive line. What a joke. Seriously, that's garbage. I'm actually kind of offended that he would think so lowly of our fanbase that he thinks he'll be able to get away with saying s*** like that.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 22, 2011 -> 07:16 PM)
Romo wants to go out there then its on him. It's not like this is the movies and we're going to see some over the top hit that ruins the guy's career.

You sound like you think Romo should be wearing a red jersey out there because he is injured.

How? I don't give a s*** if Hall wants to break Romo in half, the point is you can't OPENLY SAY THAT to the public.