Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
So i just saw on Twitter than the player rep for the Bears press conference was Sanzenbacher. Way to put an undrafted free agent out there in front of the press after losing to the Packers Lovie.

Can you think of any other player on the offense who had a quality game?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 01:39 PM)
There was also a PI on Knox late in the game too. It was pretty obvious that the refs werent going to let the Bears come back in that game, at least not close enough so they wouldnt cover. Super sketchy.

Yes, the ref's were totally cheating. It had nothing to do with Cutler throwing multiple pics or The Bears forgeting to cover Finley the whole game.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
Yes, the ref's were totally cheating. It had nothing to do with Cutler throwing multiple pics or The Bears forgeting to cover Finley the whole game.

I dont think anyone has said the refs cost the Bears the game. The question has been did the refs affect the score and affect bets, and it isnt just this thread that I am reading it

The Packers were the better team yesterday no doubt. The Bears couldnt get out of their own way, and even when they did, they usually did something stupid to give the ball back.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 04:12 PM)
I dont think anyone has said the refs cost the Bears the game. The question has been did the refs affect the score and affect bets, and it isnt just this thread that I am reading it

The Packers were the better team yesterday no doubt. The Bears couldnt get out of their own way, and even when they did, they usually did something stupid to give the ball back.

I haven't read this stuff anywhere else. The punt at the end of the game is the only thing being talked about and everyone is noting how crazy it was. The hold was pretty obivious. Jarret Bush was clearly held before Knox even catches the ball.

I haven't read this stuff anywhere else. The punt at the end of the game is the only thing being talked about and everyone is noting how crazy it was. The hold was pretty obivious. Jarret Bush was clearly held before Knox even catches the ball.

Except the flag was thrown from the back of the endzone the instant it became clear Knox was going to cruise for a touchdown.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:33 AM)
I find the fact that Jay Cutler can not move out of the pocket very frustrating.

A Martz QB can't do that... have to be quick and precise with where the ball goes. Which is pretty aggravating, because when he's out of the pocket his QB rating skyrockets

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
The Packers' secondary is brutal anyways, with the exception of Woodson. If you keep trying to pound the ball you were going to get stuffed anyways.

If you take a look around the League, the premier offenses could give a s*** about handing the ball off the the running back anymore. The Packers didn't hardly bother to run all year last season. The Patriots are content to throw 20 straight times.

The difference is, if you can't or won't run the ball, you need to throw a lot of high-percentage short passing plays to receivers capable of YAC. Slants, screens, quick outs, etc. Otherwise, your QB is going to get hammered because of the DLine knowing you are throwing almost every down.

Unfortunately, Knox and Hester are either in the wrong place or don't have the hands in order to make this sort of offense work.

Exactly.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 09:24 PM)
A Martz QB can't do that... have to be quick and precise with where the ball goes. Which is pretty aggravating, because when he's out of the pocket his QB rating skyrockets

Basically Martz with the talent that the Bears had (out-of-pocket QB, line that can't protect deep drops, mediocre WR's and a good TE) was the worst possible fit ever.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 26, 2011 -> 10:24 PM)

it's not just Martz with that though, quick and precise while in the pocket is pretty much where every QB is being forced to go these days.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 09:43 AM)
it's not just Martz with that though, quick and precise while in the pocket is pretty much where every QB is being forced to go these days.

I agree with your general point. But I disagree totally with the idea that the Martz offense is quick. It's VERY precise, as precise as an offense can be. But it's not quick at all. The Martz offense is about 5 to 7 step drops and multiple receivers with an extensive series of route trees.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:35 PM)
I agree with your general point. But I disagree totally with the idea that the Martz offense is quick. It's VERY precise, as precise as an offense can be. But it's not quick at all. The Martz offense is about 5 to 7 step drops and multiple receivers with an extensive series of route trees.

Let me add a few more phrases/details..."Quick release" and "Quick reaction when a receiver becomes open".

From the first 3 games, I have not been impressed with Cutler on those qualities.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 04:57 PM)
Let me add a few more phrases/details..."Quick release" and "Quick reaction when a receiver becomes open".

From the first 3 games, I have not been impressed with Cutler on those qualities.

Ahh I see. I will simply say this about Cutler: he's not being put in the best position to succeed by his organization. The offense doesn't suit his strengths, and the players surrounding him aren't good enough. I still don't think Jay Cutler is as good as he was advertised to be when the Bears acquired him, but he's not getting the help he needs to maximize the skills he does have either.

I think Jay would be a really good quarterback if given a line he trusts and a WR corps that wouldnt only start for one team, The Bears. I think the system is irrelevant. You can tell Jay knows where recievers are supposed to be, and throws it where they are supposed to be. They are just NEVER THERE. How many times do we watch a game where Jay spends 10 seconds leading up to the snap telling all of the WRs where they are supposed to stand before the snap? And we are supposed to expect them to know where to be after the snap and the play is developing?

Cutler has been put in the worst position by his own front office, and it really sucks watching the guy take a pounding from opposing teams and then the media afterwards. Can he be erratic? Of course he can. But it is hard to get a good read on the guy when he is constantly running for his life and other teams are pinning their ears back and coming for him because the Bears cannot run the ball

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2011 -> 05:07 PM)
I think Jay would be a really good quarterback if given a line he trusts and a WR corps that would only start for one team, The Bears.

Nice. I can look at his performance with the Broncos, too.

The Bears are a joke. Their line is a joke, their receivers are a joke, and it's time for a new f***ing era since we've wasted the entire Brian Urlacher era on pathetic f***ing offenses.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 09:27 AM)
Nice. I can look at his performance with the Broncos, too.

The Bears are a joke. Their line is a joke, their receivers are a joke, and it's time for a new f***ing era since we've wasted the entire Brian Urlacher era on pathetic f***ing offenses.

But they went to a Super Bowl and a Conference Championship game

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
But they went to a Super Bowl and a Conference Championship game

This really should not be in green. You may hate some/most of the things the Bears have done, but the wins and losses are right there in front of you.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)
This really should not be in green. You may hate some/most of the things the Bears have done, but the wins and losses are right there in front of you.

I concur. It sucks they haven't won a Super Bowl and that Urlacher has had to carry several teams on his shoulders, but 3 division titles in 6 years isn't too shabby.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 01:14 PM)

Two runs? Imagine if they'd addressed the consistent glaring needs of this roster the last decade?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 02:15 PM)
Two runs? Imagine if they'd addressed the consistent glaring needs of this roster the last decade?

I personally believe that the Bears could be run much better, but they arent exactly a poor team.

Frankly they should have built a 100k+ stadium and should be raking in more money to put back into the team. I think thats one of their largest errors as well as keeping Jerry Angelo.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 28, 2011 -> 03:21 PM)
I personally believe that the Bears could be run much better, but they arent exactly a poor team.

Frankly they should have built a 100k+ stadium and should be raking in more money to put back into the team. I think thats one of their largest errors as well as keeping Jerry Angelo.

I actually think Angelo does a decent enough job with what he has to work with...

But you're right. There's probably 3 cities that can support a Cowboys-style megapalace. New York could but they go the 2 team route instead. Dallas can. Chicago can.