Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
So only before then we didnt compete? I dont get it.

Oh my f***ing God, no you don't, apprently.

I like Lovie, he's a good coach. The Bears ignore offensive line and wide receivers. Please, for the love of God figure it out. It's so obvious and exactly what I've typed 15 times now.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
You continue to prove lack of reading comprehension.

No, I dont lack that and you know that. You are now just acting like a dick for no reason. I just want to understand how the Bears havent consistently been competing for a Super Bowl over the last several years (Lovie's tenure). I am a Bears fan and I hate the offense as much as anyone, its been the story of our lives.

My point, which you neglect to actually read and understand, is that how can you say a team like the Eagles and Packers are more competitive when they have the same or similar results as the Bears. If you line up records, divison titles etc they are all fairly even. So how can 2 of the 3 be more competitive than the other one?

I just went back and re-read all of my posts from this morning. I stated countless times that the Bears defense has been great, and if the front office would just patch the glaring holes at any point we could have become dominant. That's my whole point. The complete lack of addressing those glaring needs has wasted what could have been a splendid era and turned it into a sometimes fun, mostly frustrating era.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:45 PM)
Oh my f***ing God, no you don't, apprently.

I like Lovie, he's a good coach. The Bears ignore offensive line and wide receivers. Please, for the love of God figure it out. It's so obvious and exactly what I've typed 15 times now.

Yes, I understand the offense sucks.

Competitive: Eagles and Packers

Not-Competitive: Bears

If I get you, you arent basing that on actual wins, losses, titles. But just on offensive ineptitude.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:52 AM)
Dude, the Packers have been a consistent Super Bowl threat for like 15+ years.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 10:56 AM)
Would it then be fair to say the Bears have been a super bowl threat for Lovie's entire tenure?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
No, because they certainly haven't, that's my entire point.

This is all I am addressing in your posts Steve. Since Lovie has started the results of the teams have been extremely even, so I think even with the god-awful management and horrific offensive teams we have watched, they have still been just as big of a Super Bowl threat as the Pack and certainly other teams as well.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)
No, I dont lack that and you know that. You are now just acting like a dick for no reason. I just want to understand how the Bears havent consistently been competing for a Super Bowl over the last several years (Lovie's tenure). I am a Bears fan and I hate the offense as much as anyone, its been the story of our lives.

My point, which you neglect to actually read and understand, is that how can you say a team like the Eagles and Packers are more competitive when they have the same or similar results as the Bears. If you line up records, divison titles etc they are all fairly even. So how can 2 of the 3 be more competitive than the other one?

My point is that you see those teams try to address their holes and fix their problems. You see the Packers giving Rodgers elite tools (hell, their 4th WR would be our best by far), you see the Eagles, through multiple QBs and players, cycling in talent. Don't get me started on the Patriots.

If you want me to specifically address your point, the two times the Bears have made a legitimate run (2006 and 2010), they were not taken seriously. It was a f***ing miracle that the hodge podge offense could avoid the big fumble or turnover in the key moment to win the big game. No one ever takes the Bears seriously, because you can't take the team seriously because they need miracles to get to that level.

The Bears have needed to do two things the past many years. Address the offensive line with real talent, and get an elite WR. They blatantly ignore it and throw has-beens and never-weres at us year in and year out, while the fans just go back to the same old line of "Grossman sux!" "Cutler sux!" etc etc, when they've never been given the tools to succeed.

You see the past decade as competing? I see the past decade as one big wasted f***ing opportunity that could have been the best era in Bears' history.

The opportunities, especially last season (no cap), and this season (players available by the bushel), have been plentiful to fix the glaring holes on this roster and take the next step. The Bears, yet again, ignored everything they needed, only this time they cast off their best receiving threat in Greg Olsen, too! It's beyond frustrating.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:55 PM)
My point is that you see those teams try to address their holes and fix their problems. You see the Packers giving Rodgers elite tools (hell, their 4th WR would be our best by far), you see the Eagles, through multiple QBs and players, cycling in talent. Don't get me started on the Patriots.

The Bears have needed to do two things the past many years. Address the offensive line with real talent, and get an elite WR. They blatantly ignore it and throw has-beens and never-weres at us year in and year out, while the fans just go back to the same old line of "Grossman sux!" "Cutler sux!" etc etc, when they've never been given the tools to succeed.

You see the past decade as competing? I see the past decade as one big wasted f***ing opportunity that could have been the best era in Bears' history.

The opportunities, especially last season (no cap), and this season (players available by the bushel), have been plentiful to fix the glaring holes on this roster and take the next step. The Bears, yet again, ignored everything they needed, only this time they cast off their best receiving threat in Greg Olsen, too! It's beyond frustrating.

I agree with these parts of your post. I still think they've been just as competitive in spite of all the garbage from Bears management. I stated yesterday that one of their biggest errors was in contruction of the new Soldier Field. It was one of the worst business moves in all of the NFL.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:57 PM)
I agree with these parts of your post. I still think they've been just as competitive in spite of all the garbage from Bears management. I stated yesterday that one of their biggest errors was in contruction of the new Soldier Field. It was one of the worst business moves in all of the NFL.

Agreed on Soldier Field. I guess just seeing where this season is headed put me at my snapping point. I want nothing more than for the Bears to dominate, and this regime has f***ed it all up. As I've stated many times, they've been competitive despite the defense. If the f***ing GM could have brought in just a few players over the course of the last 5 years, instead of bringing in a QB and saying "good luck", we'd be looking at a f***ing monster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:02 PM)
Agreed on Soldier Field. I guess just seeing where this season is headed put me at my snapping point. I want nothing more than for the Bears to dominate, and this regime has f***ed it all up. As I've stated many times, they've been competitive despite the defense. If the f***ing GM could have brought in just a few players over the course of the last 5 years, instead of bringing in a QB and saying "good luck", we'd be looking at a f***ing monster.

The Bears are in a position to waste by far their most talented QB in my lifetime. It sucks.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:03 PM)
The Bears are in a position to waste by far their most talented QB in my lifetime. It sucks.

Yup. I remember being so excited that we'd finally acquired a big-time QB. You still gotta give good players the right tools in the NFL. Pathetic O-Line and WR who can't run routes and drop balls? I guarantee that Tom Brady would suck in this offense.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 12:48 PM)

The Eagles dominated their division for the better part of the 00's. 5 NFC championship games in an 8 year period. The Bears have 2 in the last 23 years. The Packers have 5 in the same 23 year period but 2 rings. So no, I wouldn't say they are even.

The Bears are a perennial Super Bowl Contender as much as the Bucs or Panthers are. In the NFL any team can get hot and make a run for a season. But anyone paying attention to the Bears knows that they haven't been Super Bowl quality since '85. 2006 was a fluke and 2010 was an even bigger fluke.

Edit: and all 2 NFC championship games and one SB appearance despite having 2-3 HOF players on defense/special teams (Urlacher, Hester and Gould) and a top ten defense for about 6 years straight. It's pretty f***ing pathetic really.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:07 PM)
Yup. I remember being so excited that we'd finally acquired a big-time QB. You still gotta give good players the right tools in the NFL. Pathetic O-Line and WR who can't run routes and drop balls? I guarantee that Tom Brady would suck in this offense.

Tom Brady would have been Craig Krentzel in this offense.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:12 PM)
The Eagles dominated their division for the better part of the 00's. 5 NFC championship games in an 8 year period. The Bears have 2 in the last 23 years. The Packers have 5 in the same 23 year period but 2 rings. So no, I wouldn't say they are even.

The Bears are a perennial Super Bowl Contender as much as the Bucs or Panthers are. In the NFL any team can get hot and make a run for a season. But anyone paying attention to the Bears knows that they haven't been Super Bowl quality since '85. 2006 was a fluke and 2010 was an even bigger fluke.

Edit: and all 2 NFC championship games and one SB appearance despite having 2-3 HOF players on defense/special teams (Urlacher, Hester and Gould) and a top ten defense for about 6 years straight. It's pretty f***ing pathetic really.

I was specifically saying contenders in Lovie's tenure. The Eagles have the same number of division titles in that time frame, more playoff appearances and the same number of Super Bowl Appearances.

Not saying they are remotely as good as the Eagles have been, but just clarifying the time frame I was looking at.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:35 PM)
I was specifically saying contenders in Lovie's tenure. The Eagles have the same number of division titles in that time frame, more playoff appearances and the same number of Super Bowl Appearances.

Not saying they are remotely as good as the Eagles have been, but just clarifying the time frame I was looking at.

I just don't see why people thing Lovie is a good coach. Under his tenure they've had 3 ok season, on mediocre season and 3 losing seasons. I'm sure this will be a fourth losing season. They guy is average all the way.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)
I just don't see why people thing Lovie is a good coach. Under his tenure they've had 3 ok season, on mediocre season and 3 losing seasons. I'm sure this will be a fourth losing season. They guy is average all the way.

Without any offensive support and horrific drafting in 7 season he has won his division 3 times and the conference once. Thats pretty damn good for a coach whose expertise is his defense. You have to admit if he would have been given even a respectable offense half of his tenure they would have won at least one more divisional title and maybe more.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 01:48 PM)

The Bears will be above .500 by season's end. I still think they'll get a wild card. They just won't do anything with it.

I think Lovie is given a raw deal because his fate ties into Angelo's fate. If he does good, he should get all the credit considering what Angelo laced him with. No offensive line, no #2, much less #1 WR, no CB's and they barely got decent safeties in the past two years. I think Lovie's done a hell of a job. If he were with a team like Dallas or Jets, where they spend the money to fill out their team, he would be even better.

Am I the only one remembering how this franchise loses consistently to inferior talent? Or the team that loses to the Falcons with a 22 second scoring drive as time wound down? At best Lovie is an average coach who keeps getting flukey winning seasons just as his firing is imminent. We should have hired Rex Ryan to extend the Ryan legacy here in Chicago. Maybe Rob will come this way once he's had his fill with Dallas.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 04:11 PM)
Am I the only one remembering how this franchise loses consistently to inferior talent? Or the team that loses to the Falcons with a 22 second scoring drive as time wound down? At best Lovie is an average coach who keeps getting flukey winning seasons just as his firing is imminent. We should have hired Rex Ryan to extend the Ryan legacy here in Chicago. Maybe Rob will come this way once he's had his fill with Dallas.

My question would be, when is it exactly when we have superior talent? We've almost always been a below avg offense.

The reading comprehension jokes are f***ing lame.

Snarky comments like that are funny like the first 3 times you use them, then by the time every internet dork is using them, they're just plain f***ing annoying. They're right up there with the "So and so sucks at baseball" line.

It's pretty obvious the Bears have been an above-average defensive team in a League where the passing game and offense are king. This has been the case for the better part of the last 5 years. This obviously tends to make the Packers, and their pass-heavy offense and talented run of quarterbacks seem like the cat's meow. Just as an aside, I think it helps that they actually have a decent playing surface, but I digress. Meanwhile, the Bears have tried to make the transition on the run, but have done so without having all the necessary ingredients in place. It tends to spoil the whole dish.

One thing to consider though...and we always remember best what we saw last, should the Bears beat the Packers in the final regular season game last year, the 2010 installment of the Packers gets remembered as a team that couldn't run the ball enough to win consistently.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 29, 2011 -> 08:09 PM)
The reading comprehension jokes are f***ing lame.

Snarky comments like that are funny like the first 3 times you use them, then by the time every internet dork is using them, they're just plain f***ing annoying. They're right up there with the "So and so sucks at baseball" line.

It's pretty obvious the Bears have been an above-average defensive team in a League where the passing game and offense are king. This has been the case for the better part of the last 5 years. This obviously tends to make the Packers, and their pass-heavy offense and talented run of quarterbacks seem like the cat's meow. Just as an aside, I think it helps that they actually have a decent playing surface, but I digress. Meanwhile, the Bears have tried to make the transition on the run, but have done so without having all the necessary ingredients in place. It tends to spoil the whole dish.

One thing to consider though...and we always remember best what we saw last, should the Bears beat the Packers in the final regular season game last year, the 2010 installment of the Packers gets remembered as a team that couldn't run the ball enough to win consistently.

Or a team that got destroyed by the injury bug. But yeah, I see your point.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 09:32 AM)
Or a team that got destroyed by the injury bug. But yeah, I see your point.

I see, then I assume the Bears down season in 2009 after Urlacher went down in game 1 gets excused from Lovie/Angelo's record too. After all, he's more valuable to the Bears than anyone the Packers lost (including Finley and Grant).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 30, 2011 -> 08:55 AM)
I see, then I assume the Bears down season in 2009 after Urlacher went down in game 1 gets excused from Lovie/Angelo's record too. After all, he's more valuable to the Bears than anyone the Packers lost (including Finley and Grant).

You can put an asterisk on that season that says they lost their best player on defense sure, but that doesn't excuse the same s***ty offense.

Edited by Jenksismybitch