Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
Why? Because he's got style and a hottie?

shes hot yet, and ill grant him that. is it stylish? maybe. ill even grant you that. But it just looks so forced when its on cutler. There are some people who can pull off a look like that, and it works for them. There are some who you see like that and you just want to punch in the face. Cutler falls into the latter category for me. Hes just a dude with an enormous ego, and he irritates the hell out of me, even though I should have every reason to love the guy

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)
shes hot yet, and ill grant him that. is it stylish? maybe. ill even grant you that. But it just looks so forced when its on cutler. There are some people who can pull off a look like that, and it works for them. There are some who you see like that and you just want to punch in the face. Cutler falls into the latter category for me. Hes just a dude with an enormous ego, and he irritates the hell out of me, even though I should have every reason to love the guy

Absolutely. He probably whined about their shopping endeavor and refused to shop through an injury as well, right? ;)

QUOTE (daa84 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:04 PM)

Where do you get that from? By all accounts when people in his life have been interviewed they've said he's a really good down to earth guy. I met him a few weeks ago at a bar and he was as nice as can be.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:34 PM)
Where do you get that from? By all accounts when people in his life have been interviewed they've said he's a really good down to earth guy. I met him a few weeks ago at a bar and he was as nice as can be.

It's just further incorrect proliferation of rumor of Cutler as asshat, and until he gets an O-Line and someone who can catch a football, it will continue.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 4, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
Absolutely. He probably whined about their shopping endeavor and refused to shop through an injury as well, right? ;)

haha its actually funny, I dislike Cutler for a handful of reasons, but I was absolutely, extraordinarily outspoken in saying that his criticism in the NFC title game was a crock. The dude is alot of things, but its laughable to say hes not tough. The dude got his behind knocked in college, got his behind knocked the last 2 years and always got up with a competitive edge to him. I just find that his pretty boy schtick is annoying and fake, especially considering this is a guy who used to go to press conferences in his sweats with unkempt hair when he first broke into the league

multiple friends who played college ball with him, multiple encounters with him. I do believe that within his very small circle, deep down he may be a nice guy. But to so many other people, he's just an arrogant ass IMO, and if you have to dig that deep, and get that close to someone to find out that he is a good person, then in reality, he probably isn't such a great guy in the first place. Its just my informed opinion, and certainly others are entitled to theirs. I just really think hes a fake guy with a really big ego.

Edited by daa84

daa84 is a Vandy guy with quite a few friends who went to school with Cutler. If anyone would know a thing or two about college players from Vandy it would be him. Hell he was the guy who knew about Pedro Alvarez before he put himself on the prospect map 3+ years ago.

Edited by SoxAce

getting off of Jay's pants...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...obref=obnetwork

Tinoisamoa to work out Wednesday for Bears

By Vaughn McClure, Tribune reporter

11:56 a.m. CDT, October 4, 2011

The Chicago Bears will bring veteran linebacker Pisa Tinoisamoa to Halas Hall for a workout Wednesday, two sources told the Tribune.

Tinoisamoa, who had major knee construction after the 2010 season, was expected to be recovered by October, so the timing is right on schedule. The 30-year-old linebacker has had at least three surgeries on his right knee.

If Tinoisamoa’s knee checks out, expect the Bears to sign him to a one-year contract, just as the team did before last season. Tinoisamoa started 10 games at strong-side linebacker during the 2010 season, recording 51 tackles, a sack and a forced fumble.

The Bears are off Wednesday because of the extended preparation week heading into Monday night's game at Detroit.

The Bears need more depth at linebacker with just five on the 53-man roster, including undrafted rookie Dom DeCicco.

Nick Roach started the first four games at strong-side linebacker and wouldn’t be in immediate jeopardy of losing his job. But Tinoisamoa, if healthy, could press for playing time.

Tinoisamoa has played special teams in the past and could contribute there, too.

Linebacker Brian Urlacher and Lance Briggs have spoken out in favor of Tinoisamoa in the past based on the energy level he brings to the field.

[email protected]

Pisa was a monster in St Louis before his knee started acting up. He knows the system, and the Bears are pretty thin at the LB position right now, I am all for this.

Now if we could only convince them to bring in Max Starks.....

That interview was blown so out of proportion. His comments sound a lot worse in writing than by ear. He was basically telling the truth - Rodgers is a great QB that stepped into a perfect situation. Why should it be a shock that there's an expectation to win?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 05:28 PM)
That interview was blown so out of proportion. His comments sound a lot worse in writing than by ear. He was basically telling the truth - Rodgers is a great QB that stepped into a perfect situation. Why should it be a shock that there's an expectation to win?

Am I the only one who remembers how abjectly bad Green Bay's offensive line was in 2008-2009 and how many games that cost them?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 04:32 PM)
Am I the only one who remembers how abjectly bad Green Bay's offensive line was in 2008-2009 and how many games that cost them?

They were till the 8th best offense and scored the 5th most points. All i'm saying is that Roger stepped into a franchise that knows what it's doing and provided him ridiculous weapons. About the only thing they don't have is a legit RB and a good d-line. Everything else is above average. It's not like he was handed the reigns to the 2008 Lions.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 03:28 PM)

Oh please. Favre saying he was shocked that it took Rodgers so long to win a super bowl is absurd. Yes, Rodgers certainly ended up in a good situation but Favre is insanely jealous and angry at Aaron for some reason. It's ridiculous.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 5, 2011 -> 04:42 PM)
Oh please. Favre saying he was shocked that it took Rodgers so long to win a super bowl is absurd. Yes, Rodgers certainly ended up in a good situation but Favre is insanely jealous and angry at Aaron for some reason. It's ridiculous.

For some reason? The dude was pegged as his replacement for 4 seasons and despite being one of the best QB's in the game's history he was run out of town. I think he's got every right to be angry/jealous.