Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 6, 2011 -> 09:13 AM)
I'm not suggesting that RoDgers was a s***ty option. But given what Favre did the prior season, how could you say that RoDgers was going to be the better QB that year?

The Packers had a good idea that Rodgers was ready to play and ready to be great. There's always been the rumor that during the NFC championship game vs. The Giants that Mike Mccarthy was ready to bench Favre at half time and put in Rodgers. I think the risk would have been too great if Rodgers had failed.

The Packers did bend over for Favre. For many years, the whole Mike Sherman era was like that. They just stopped doing it once they knew what they had in Rodgers. He had retired before and they always begged him to come back. Once they knew Rodgers was ready, they just stop begging and let him retire.

Being a Packer fan and watching Favre and Rodgers. Rodgers could very well be passing up Favre as a QB. He makes all the plays and none of the "gunslinger" mistakes. I bet that makes Favre a little nervous.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Oct 8, 2011 -> 01:18 PM)
He was 82. Those things just happen at that age. As I said on Facebook, all of the eulogizing (not that it's happening here) of Al Davis seems almost hypocritical. It was the same thing with George Steinbrenner? Two pieces of crap who wielded absolute power and forced everyone to bend to their will. A jagoff who dies isn't suddenly a good person, just a dead jagoff.

lol

On a sidenote, not feeling too confident on MNF's game...hope the Bears are ready to play or it could get ugly real quick.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 9, 2011 -> 06:30 PM)
Is there any receiver in football that makes more absurd catches than Brandon Lloyd?

too bad it took him so damn long to figure his s*** out. It would have been nice to see that kind of production while he was a bear