Peavy ready for bounce back season

southsider2k5

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do agree with one major point.

If Dunn and Rios continue to perform the way they did in 2011 and you hear more boos than cheers from fans at home games, something's gotta give with those contracts.

They're going to have to do another Silva/M.Bradley type move to get them out of Dodge. Of course, if those two aren't around to kick around, Ventura'a a first-year manager and gets a free pass (more or less), that target really is pasted on KW's back.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 05:00 PM)
I do agree with one major point.

If Dunn and Rios continue to perform the way they did in 2011 and you hear more boos than cheers from fans at home games, something's gotta give with those contracts.

They're going to have to do another Silva/M.Bradley type move to get them out of Dodge. Of course, if those two aren't around to kick around, Ventura'a a first-year manager and gets a free pass (more or less), that target really is pasted on KW's back.

No way you can sell the fan base on the same GM who missed as badly on Dunn and Rios doing the rebuilding.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
1-2 sentence authoritative assertions are cool.

If only they could be written in Greg-esque style, that's the only thing holding back their true potency.

I don't mind the notoriety, but I'm trying to figure out why so many people mention my posts on here.

It's either a.) people are curious if I'll ever start agreeing with the majority, which is deemed the correct position on all matters White Sox. or b.) for some reason my posts stand out.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
I don't mind the notoriety, but I'm trying to figure out why so many people mention my posts on here.

It's either a.) people are curious if I'll ever start agreeing with the majority, which is deemed the correct position on all matters White Sox. or b.) for some reason my posts stand out.

I'll respond with something another poster wrote to me. In fact, being kidded and chided and called out has caused me to rething my posting style A LITTLE over time, lol. This was from 2009. So you're not the only one here, Marty34 and VictoryMC, dick allen on Greg Walker or financial conspiracies, J4L has had his share of detractors through the years, etc.

Good to see you're still posting. You catch a lot of s*** from people here -- more than I'm used to seeing, and perhaps have ever seen -- and it's just people massaging their ego. Good to see it hasn't gotten to you. As a fellow English major (and aspiring writer) I know exactly how easy it is to write a thousand words and drift off the point here and there. Most of the people here couldn't write a thousand words if they had a gun to their head. So, keep at it, even if it means I write another long post that makes no sense and suggests Alexei should play catcher to parody your style. After all, if anything, that just means you're doing something right.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 12, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
I'll respond with something another poster wrote to me. In fact, being kidded and chided and called out has caused me to rething my posting style A LITTLE over time, lol. This was from 2009. So you're not the only one here, Marty34 and VictoryMC, dick allen on Greg Walker or financial conspiracies, J4L has had his share of detractors through the years, etc.

Good to see you're still posting. You catch a lot of s*** from people here -- more than I'm used to seeing, and perhaps have ever seen -- and it's just people massaging their ego. Good to see it hasn't gotten to you. As a fellow English major (and aspiring writer) I know exactly how easy it is to write a thousand words and drift off the point here and there. Most of the people here couldn't write a thousand words if they had a gun to their head. So, keep at it, even if it means I write another long post that makes no sense and suggests Alexei should play catcher to parody your style. After all, if anything, that just means you're doing something right.

The thing is greg went from being a minority to a caricature of himself after Ozzie's firing.

And I do really like greg, maybe it's just the fact that my brother is greg in real life that it annoys me.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
The thing is greg went from being a minority to a caricature of himself after Ozzie's firing.

And I do really like greg, maybe it's just the fact that my brother is greg in real life that it annoys me.

You guys are nuts about the caricature thing.

I stand up for Ozzie and all my favorites when they get blasted on here. I rarely if ever bring them up, but yes I respond when my faves are attacked.

I do bring up Kenny, Peavy, Rios and Dunn on my own a lot cause they all piss me off at times.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 13, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)

Ozzie wasn't fired. He was traded.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 12:23 PM)
"asked" isn't exactly strong enough.

"Threatened to resign after tampering by another MLB team" is probably more accurate.

Yeah, JR pretty much said he didn't even have the common decency to resign or ask for a trade. He just kinda cried about it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 12:37 PM)
Yeah, JR pretty much said he didn't even have the common decency to resign or ask for a trade. He just kinda cried about it.

I'm glad they traded him. At least they got something for him. One thing for certain, Ozzie's time in Chicago had run it's course.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 07:23 PM)
I'm glad they traded him. At least they got something for him. One thing for certain, Ozzie's time in Chicago had run it's course.

Not flaming but in discussing posts on this board ... after reading this, this is where I go off about how great Ozzie is and stand up for him and everybody says, 'give it a rest' when I'd just be responding you guys bringing up the old topic of Ozzie again. It goes both ways.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 02:05 PM)
Not flaming but in discussing posts on this board ... after reading this, this is where I go off about how great Ozzie is and stand up for him and everybody says, 'give it a rest' when I'd just be responding you guys bringing up the old topic of Ozzie again. It goes both ways.

I was one of most ardent Ozzie supporters around here, but even I saw it was time for a change. That is not flaming Ozzie, it was just time for both Ozzie and the Sox to move. I believe in 2025, the 20th anniversary of the '05 title, that Ozzie will receive a standing ovation when they honor that team at the Cell.

QUOTE (YASNY @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
I was one of most ardent Ozzie supporters around here, but even I saw it was time for a change. That is not flaming Ozzie, it was just time for both Ozzie and the Sox to move. I believe in 2025, the 20th anniversary of the '05 title, that Ozzie will receive a standing ovation when they honor that team at the Cell.

Makes sense.

It's not fair, though, that Ozzie gets this talented team in Florida that acquired a bunch and Robin (and we fans) is left with this rotten team on the South Side.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
Makes sense.

It's not fair, though, that Ozzie gets this talented team in Florida that acquired a bunch and Robin (and we fans) is left with this rotten team on the South Side.

The Sox will have more wins than the Marlins.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:45 PM)
No way this is true.

Our team is expected to be one of the worst in baseball.

Which is when we generally do best.

And the Marlins...Loria and Ozzie will fight more than KW/Ozzie and they are in a stacked division.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 05:47 AM)
Which is when we generally do best.

And the Marlins...Loria and Ozzie will fight more than KW/Ozzie and they are in a stacked division.

Is Loria that bad?

Does he ever shut up and let the team's season play out?