Rozner: Guillen quit on Sox long ago

southsider2k5

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
Even if you agree with Rozner's sentiments, and dislike Cowley heavily, it probably still needs to be said that Rozner's article lacks meat. Not really loads of supporting evidence here for his claims.

What exact supporting evidence do you need? When you have guys like Cowley reporting that Guillen continued to play Rios expressly because Kenny traded for him, instead of benching him for the good of the team, what more do you need? When Ozzie is screaming about an extension in the middle of a pennant race, what more do you need?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 10:02 AM)
What exact supporting evidence do you need? When you have guys like Cowley reporting that Guillen continued to play Rios expressly because Kenny traded for him, instead of benching him for the good of the team, what more do you need? When Ozzie is screaming about an extension in the middle of a pennant race, what more do you need?

That's exactly my point though. Something like the Rios thing you mention -- If actually it had been in Rozner's article-- would have be great supporting evidence for Rozner to use. Rozner doesn't have stuff like that. In the article.

I can't judge an article based on what's in other articles, buddy.

Anyone can look at a bad team and write a piece that the manager quit. To be convinced, I would need both Rozner's passion and some evidence that he really knows the inner workings of the team. I don't see that here.

Edited by Princess Dye

Did anybody catch the Adam Dunn piece in the Sun-Times today? Now, I am the last person to ever defend... Adam Dunn... but he made some thinly-veiled references to Ozzie that were hardly complimentary.

I'm glad this piece came out. I loved Ozzie too, for the reasons given in the article. But face it: for at least the past two years he's acted like a freakin idiot.

The one puzzling point is that Buerhle followed Guillen to Miami. You would think that he wouldn't want to play for him. And then there was that moment caught on video at the end of the season. Remember during a late season interview with Guillen, when Buerhle was caught just off the interview camera, mubbling "shut up" in the dugout?

I wonder why Mark didn't choose to go somewhere else.

QUOTE (Lillian @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
The one puzzling point is that Buerhle followed Guillen to Miami. You would think that he wouldn't want to play for him. And then there was that moment caught on video at the end of the season. Remember during a late season interview with Guillen, when Buerhle was caught just off the interview camera, mubbling "shut up" in the dugout?

I wonder why Mark didn't choose to go somewhere else.

4 years $56 million

QUOTE (LVSoxFan @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 10:33 AM)
Did anybody catch the Adam Dunn piece in the Sun-Times today? Now, I am the last person to ever defend... Adam Dunn... but he made some thinly-veiled references to Ozzie that were hardly complimentary.

I'm glad this piece came out. I loved Ozzie too, for the reasons given in the article. But face it: for at least the past two years he's acted like a freakin idiot.

Here's the article.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 09:08 AM)
I would like to state that myself and Milkman were the first to post on this site, sometime around May 2011, that Ozzie was not trying to win anymore. We were called idiots for a month or two.

:cheers

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 09:14 AM)
You guys were, are, and will continue to be called idiots for far larger reasons than that... :notworthy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 09:15 AM)
wait, why is this different from other months?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 25, 2012 -> 09:19 AM)
Even a blind squirrel....

Yeah yeah yeah :stick