2012 whipping boy poll

southsider2k5

Whipping boy poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will by Soxtalk.com's 2012 whipping boy?

• Alex Rios
    • Adam Dunn
    • Jake Peavy
    • Kenny Williams
    • Alejandro De Aza
    • Brent Morel
    • Gordon Beckham
    • Matt Thornton
    • Other, please comment
    • AJ Pierzynski

QUOTE (103 mph screwball @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 03:53 PM)
Ozzie. This team will turn it around and the difference will be obvious.

I did think about putting him in the poll, but then decided to leave him out. I think once the games start, people will quit talking about him (Joe Cowley mostly)

KW, easily. Could Dunn or Rios get anymore hate this year than they did last year? Pretty much the same with Peavy. He's done nothing since he's been here. What's another year? Beckham? Expectations are so low for him right now that it's almost expected that he'll be bad. He'll just go down as another bust of a White Sox first round pick. Morel and De Aza? Nope. They're both making peanuts. So if they suck, they'll just be guys that you're not really paying much to suck. Nobody else even worth mentioning,. This is KW's baby. He's put this roster together. Ozzie and Walker are gone. They are of no consequence anymore. If they bomb again, he'll get it much worse than he ever has before.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 05:13 PM)
Apart from the usual, highly paid suspects, I'm afraid it might be Bacon. Vitriol is always proportional to expectations. I hope he starts to finally live up to them.

Does anyone really expect anything from him after 2 years of the same crap?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 04:12 PM)
KW, easily. Could Dunn or Rios get anymore hate this year than they did last year? Pretty much the same with Peavy. He's done nothing since he's been here. What's another year? Beckham? Expectations are so low for him right now that it's almost expected that he'll be bad. He'll just go down as another bust of a White Sox first round pick. Morel and De Aza? Nope. They're both making peanuts. So if they suck, they'll just be guys that you're not really paying much to suck. Nobody else even worth mentioning,. This is KW's baby. He's put this roster together. Ozzie and Walker are gone. They are of no consequence anymore. If they bomb again, he'll get it much worse than he ever has before.

Since everyone knows this is a retooling/rebuilding year will the posters still go after him.... without a doubt.

My vote is for all of the above. This board has enough posters to hate and destroy them all.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
Since everyone knows this is a retooling/rebuilding year will the posters still go after him.... without a doubt.

My vote is for all of the above. This board has enough posters to hate and destroy them all.

Of course. But really, how could it get any worse for a guy like Dunn? Dunn got it from everywhere. You didn't have to be a Sox fan. He was a national tragedy (from a sporting sense) in 2011.

If nobody is watching will their be anyone to complain? I'm interested to see what the beginning of the season looks like, both on the boards and at the park. I can't remember going into a season with a such a long shot feeling in a really long time. Maybe I'm just more cynical than in the late 90s.

If Ventura is bad as a manager, that just reflects on Kenny even more.

It's all Kenny for me, unless Rios just dogs it again.

But enough negativity. If you can't get excited about a new season in January, even if you think the team won't make the playoffs, then you may want to lighten up a little.

The whipping boy usually is identified early when he emerges by making a few errors, or blowing a few saves or something simple like that on the first homestand.

So I think it'll be DeAza (if he's the starter) or Morel.

DeAza could kick a couple fly balls like Juan Pierre did or go 0-for-20 or something. Morel could have an unexplainable 3 error game on the first homestand and be the whipping boy all season.

However, the AJ post intrigued me.

I do think he could be the whipping boy all season unless he shuts everybody up by hitting well and actually throwing out a few runners. He could easily get buried by the fans since he's one of only two remaining 05 guys left on the team.

I will go with DeAza because from what I can tell he hustles his ass off and embodies the typical "overachiever" and this board doesn't like the guys who are not great players, but get the most out of their ability thru hustle IMO.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
I will go with DeAza because from what I can tell he hustles his ass off and embodies the typical "overachiever" and this board doesn't like the guys who are not great players, but get the most out of their ability thru hustle IMO.

What? When has this board said anything bad about Brent Lillibridge???