2012 whipping boy poll

southsider2k5

Whipping boy poll  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who will by Soxtalk.com's 2012 whipping boy?

• Alex Rios
    • Adam Dunn
    • Jake Peavy
    • Kenny Williams
    • Alejandro De Aza
    • Brent Morel
    • Gordon Beckham
    • Matt Thornton
    • Other, please comment
    • AJ Pierzynski

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 03:15 AM)
When a large fraction wanted Milledge kept over him?

Yes, Milledge was reaching legend status. I do love Lilly, though. I'd almost like to have him be a starter all year just to see if he could whack 30-40 home runs. It's amazing how many homers he hits.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
What? When has this board said anything bad about Brent Lillibridge???

When he was first acquired there were people going crazy about how useless of a prospect he was. Up until last year, he was shredded constantly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
When a large fraction wanted Milledge kept over him?

That was before Lilli had a full stint in the majors. Everyone knows his talent is limited now but yet he seems to be pretty popular & liked.

Edited by LittleHurt05

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 26, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
When he was first acquired there were people going crazy about how useless of a prospect he was. Up until last year, he was shredded constantly.

Sorry I misspoke my question. After the last season, no one will call Lilli the most talented player on the field. But fans seem to like him a lot based on his effort and hustle, as long as the manager puts him in the right situations.

I'm taking Thornton unless Reed wins the closer role outa ST.

The question is which is a more pressure-packed situation for Matty T:

The responsibility of closing out games for the 2011, All-In White Sox?

Or the pressure that comes with getting your redemption shot on a team with no expectations. Last year's melt-downs have to be fresh in his mind, so I can totally see his thought process being something like, "Don't screw this up, don't screw this up, don't screw this up or I'll never get another shot at closing again."

He'd be a whipped-up, homeless puppy if he takes a s*** out there again this year.

Basically I don't think he can succeed in the closer role being a 1 pitch lefty so I'm preparing myself emotionally for some epic meltdowns.

Tyler Flowers need only show a glimpse of promise in order for AJ to suddenly become the face of what's wrong with the White Sox to a sizely group of people.

I'd vote for Peavy, but that would be like taking layups in HORSE. Short of becoming a Cy Young candidate for the remainder of his time on the Sox, I don't think he can do anything to make some people forget his time on the Sox until this point.

Is there evidence that Alex Rios doesn't give a s***? I read that all the time, but don't really see it. At least he shows up in shape. He made some adjustments. I remember a few times that he loafed, but every ball player does that. Hell, fan favorite AJ loafs more than any player in recent memory. There's no doubt that he had an abysmal year, but he was the only member of Team Suck that showed some signs of life last year. I actually think he might have a pretty good season.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)
Is there evidence that Alex Rios doesn't give a s***? I read that all the time, but don't really see it. At least he shows up in shape. He made some adjustments. I remember a few times that he loafed, but every ball player does that. Hell, fan favorite AJ loafs more than any player in recent memory. There's no doubt that he had an abysmal year, but he was the only member of Team Suck that showed some signs of life last year. I actually think he might have a pretty good season.

No there isn't. People think his facial expressions allow them to read his mind. Their arrogance is approaching idiotic if you ask me, but I'm sick of saying so.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 10:13 AM)

QUOTE (MAX @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
No there isn't. People think his facial expressions allow them to read his mind. Their arrogance is approaching idiotic if you ask me, but I'm sick of saying so.

Um, what? There's no stat available that measures not giving a f***. If you watched the Sox with any regularity last year, you don't even have to ask for any "evidence." Rios was a f***ing joke last year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 28, 2012 -> 05:08 AM)
Um, what? There's no stat available that measures not giving a f***. If you watched the Sox with any regularity last year, you don't even have to ask for any "evidence." Rios was a f***ing joke last year.

Rios does not hustle. He truly is a joke.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 27, 2012 -> 11:08 PM)

So, basically, you have no evidence ie. particular plays. You just don't like the way he looks. Got it.