Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

They have alot of talent regardless of character. Florida wouldnt be half the program it is today without Meyer's tenure.

They have pretty much no talent right now on the offensive side of the ball.

Actually Florida is half the program it once was because of Meyer. They went from winning 13 games a season to winning 7 games because of what he recruited.

And youre giving Meyer way too much credit. We all know Florida was a premier program under Spurrier and even though Zook was horrible, with the money and resources at UF, they were going to hire someone very good to take over. And as bad as Zook was, he was still winning as much as Meyer was during his last two seasons at Florida and was bringing in much better talent.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
They have pretty much no talent right now on the offensive side of the ball.

Actually Florida is half the program it once was because of Meyer. They went from winning 13 games a season to winning 7 games because of what he recruited.

And youre giving Meyer way too much credit. We all know Florida was a premier program under Spurrier and even though Zook was horrible, with the money and resources at UF, they were going to hire someone very good to take over. And as bad as Zook was, he was still winning as much as Meyer was during his last two seasons at Florida and was bringing in much better talent.

LOL, come on man. Florida has 3 national titles, guess who has 2 of them. Zook never won a conference title, Urban won 2 of them. Zook went to zero SEC championship games, Urban went to 3. Zook went 8-5, 8-5, 7-5. Urban went 9-3, 13-1, 9-4, 13-1, 13-1, 8-5.

Class rankings under Zook:

20th

2nd

7th

Urban:

11th

2nd

1st

12th (7th in star rating)

3rd in star rating (small class only 16 ships)

1st

Florida had Spurrier and nothing else in its history. They never won a conference title until 1991. Urban not only brought them back into the elite, he left them there. They have a TON of talent and zero coaching.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
LOL, come on man. Florida has 3 national titles, guess who has 2 of them. Zook never won a conference title, Urban won 2 of them. Zook went to zero SEC championship games, Urban went to 3. Zook went 8-5, 8-5, 7-5. Urban went 9-3, 13-1, 9-4, 13-1, 13-1, 8-5.

Class rankings under Zook:

20th

2nd

7th

Urban:

11th

2nd

1st

12th (7th in star rating)

3rd in star rating (small class only 16 ships)

1st

Florida had Spurrier and nothing else in its history. They never won a conference title until 1991. Urban not only brought them back into the elite, he left them there. They have a TON of talent and zero coaching.

Where is the offensive talent at Florida? They have no WRs and havent had a decent RB since Harvin left, if you want to count him as a running back. The offensive line has been average at best the past 2 seasons.

How did he leave Florida elite? Since Meyer took over the UF program, the Gators have lost 21 games. 11 of those loses came in the past two seasons. A rough season can be expected after 4 years of Tebow but I watched every Gator game and there was no improvement during the final year of Meyer's tenure. So either Meyer was having a bad season coaching or he whiffed or didnt recruit any talent on offense. And last year's offense was just as bad because it was basically the same story from 2010. No RBs or WRs and average at best O-line.

Rankings are all nice and fun for bragging rights but we all know how biased Rivals is. Meyer could offer me a scholarship tomorrow and I'm sure Rivals will give me 2 stars. I've read a few people who follow HS football in Florida say that UF was on its way down based on the recruiting classes Meyer was bringing in during his final years.

I didn't think the Arkansas AD was going to do it, but it was the right thing to do. Glad to see Petrino fired. Karma is a b****...

Mike Zimmer is lighting a victory cigar somewhere...

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
Where is the offensive talent at Florida? They have no WRs and havent had a decent RB since Harvin left, if you want to count him as a running back. The offensive line has been average at best the past 2 seasons.

How did he leave Florida elite? Since Meyer took over the UF program, the Gators have lost 21 games. 11 of those loses came in the past two seasons. A rough season can be expected after 4 years of Tebow but I watched every Gator game and there was no improvement during the final year of Meyer's tenure. So either Meyer was having a bad season coaching or he whiffed or didnt recruit any talent on offense. And last year's offense was just as bad because it was basically the same story from 2010. No RBs or WRs and average at best O-line.

Rankings are all nice and fun for bragging rights but we all know how biased Rivals is. Meyer could offer me a scholarship tomorrow and I'm sure Rivals will give me 2 stars. I've read a few people who follow HS football in Florida say that UF was on its way down based on the recruiting classes Meyer was bringing in during his final years.

Those were scout rankings. And when he was forced back into coaching them he had a bad season and clearly had some character issues. There is still plenty of talent, he brought in the #1 class which should have helped Muschamp build a dominant defense since it was rich with D prospects, instead they suck. And this past year he had guys like Demps who were supposed to be stars in a spread offense yet they brought in the failure that is Charlie Weis to ruin the offense. Its funny you mention O-line, have you seen how good the guys are that he (Meyer) put into the NFL? There is one common denominator in all of your points, they are failing with Muschamp as a coach. He came in with more talent than just about every team in the Big Ten and yet is average at best. Thats pure coaching.

I'm glad you at least left the zook points alone.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 07:14 PM)
I didn't think the Arkansas AD was going to do it, but it was the right thing to do. Glad to see Petrino fired. Karma is a b****...

Mike Zimmer is lighting a victory cigar somewhere...

If people thought Luke Fickell was in over his head, if Taver Johnson takes over that team I expect no more than 5 wins.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 07:26 PM)
If people thought Luke Fickell was in over his head, if Taver Johnson takes over that team I expect no more than 5 wins.

Arkansas is in a really tough situation right now. With a stud QB/RB and LSU/Bama at home, this could have been a huge year for them. Now, who are they going to get this late in the process?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)
Arkansas is in a really tough situation right now. With a stud QB/RB and LSU/Bama at home, this could have been a huge year for them. Now, who are they going to get this late in the process?

Ron Zook

Alabama broke their BCS trophy

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...hattered-mishap

A piece of history from the University of Alabama’s championship run was shattered on Saturday afternoon following the Crimson Tide’s annual A-Day scrimmage.

Alabama’s $30,000 crystal BCS trophy shattered into little pieces on Saturday when a player’s father tripped on a rug and knocked over the display table.

The Coaches’ Trophy from this season’s BCS national title was accidentally knocked off its podium and shattered by a player’s father whose foot got caught on a rug that sits beneath the trophy display. The Waterford crystal trophy was on display in the Mal Moore Athletic Facility halls, home to coach Nick Saban’s office and other athletic personnel.

Last 10 years in the Big Ten, teams producing the most NFL draft picks. I was REALLY surprised at #2

1. Ohio State: 66 total draft picks

2. Iowa: 42

3. Nebraska: 41

4. Michigan: 40

5. Wisconsin: 39

6. Penn State: 38

7. Purdue: 27

8. Michigan State: 25

9. Illinois: 22

10. Minnesota: 14

11. Northwestern: 13

12. Indiana: 12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 25, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
Last 10 years in the Big Ten, teams producing the most NFL draft picks. I was REALLY surprised at #2

1. Ohio State: 66 total draft picks

2. Iowa: 42

3. Nebraska: 41

4. Michigan: 40

5. Wisconsin: 39

6. Penn State: 38

7. Purdue: 27

8. Michigan State: 25

9. Illinois: 22

10. Minnesota: 14

11. Northwestern: 13

12. Indiana: 12

The NFL really likes Iowa's guys. Lots of quality players have came out of there. Not a ton of stars, but good solid NFL players.