Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
OSU lost a commit today because a pedo was tweeting players and stalked them and recruits after the spring game. Showing once again that social media and young athletes is a bad mix.

Yeah, some tOSU fans are scared they might lose Bosa because of it too. He was in that same picture.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:02 PM)
Yeah, some tOSU fans are scared they might lose Bosa because of it too. He was in that same picture.

No, thats BS. Anzalone's parents hated the commitment in the first place, Bosa's family has OSU ties. Otherwise he wouldnt keep PSU on the list who took decades to out a Pedo who was a coach and not a fake fan.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
No, thats BS. Anzalone's parents hated the commitment in the first place, Bosa's family has OSU ties. Otherwise he wouldnt keep PSU on the list who took decades to out a Pedo who was a coach and not a fake fan.

Yeah, I don't know either way. Was just sharing what I read by some tOSU fans.

QUOTE (Boogua @ May 4, 2012 -> 10:17 PM)
Yeah, I don't know either way. Was just sharing what I read by some tOSU fans.

Nah, they are freaking out because he was in a picture. His mom and uncle are OSU, he should be good. Anzalone's dad is a huge florida guy, he's been looking for an out. Alex actually posted pro-OSU stuff after the story came out, and yet his DAD called Fickell to de-commit.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 4, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
Nah, they are freaking out because he was in a picture. His mom and uncle are OSU, he should be good. Anzalone's dad is a huge florida guy, he's been looking for an out. Alex actually posted pro-OSU stuff after the story came out, and yet his DAD called Fickell to de-commit.

not going to comment on the sexual predator part because that is just bad luck that could happen at any school where fans are among recruits.

but I have a problem with the parts in bold. Too many kids are being made into puppets by family members who want to dictate where they want their kids to attend school. Here's a kid who probably wants to go to OSU but his dad is going to use this as a chance to place his kid where he wants him at.

We all remember that this past January when the mom threw a fit on national tv because he son decided to go to LSU over Alabama(or was it the other way around?). Parents should be in the process and advise their kids but it seems like too many parents think they are the ones being recruited and they should be making the decision.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 5, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)
not going to comment on the sexual predator part because that is just bad luck that could happen at any school where fans are among recruits.

but I have a problem with the parts in bold. Too many kids are being made into puppets by family members who want to dictate where they want their kids to attend school. Here's a kid who probably wants to go to OSU but his dad is going to use this as a chance to place his kid where he wants him at.

We all remember that this past January when the mom threw a fit on national tv because he son decided to go to LSU over Alabama(or was it the other way around?). Parents should be in the process and advise their kids but it seems like too many parents think they are the ones being recruited and they should be making the decision.

Yeah, one reason why I am not too into it until closer to signing day. These kids get sold to a program by good recruiters and their parents look for an out. Sometimes it comes even after they are enrolled and they get upset about no playing time or something of the sort and the parents pounce.

Too many kids are being made into puppets by family members who want to dictate where they want their kids to attend school.

My kid can go to any school he wants as long as it doesn't start with 'M', end with 'N', and have 'ichiga' in the middle.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ May 7, 2012 -> 07:02 AM)
My kid can go to any school he wants as long as it doesn't start with 'M', end with 'N', and have 'ichiga' in the middle.

If you have a son he wouldnt want to go there anyway, horrific looking women.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
http://www.blackheartgoldpants.com/2012/5/...sconsin-edition

Some joke Nike Combat uniforms, the link is to Wisconsin, but they also have Iowa, Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska.

Haha, those were cracking me up. Wisconsin's is great, but I liked Indiana the best. Everything is based on the basketball jerseys/warm-ups, including the Bobby Knight logo on the helmet - which is just so fitting for a school like that.

Wish they'd do some SEC teams.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 10, 2012 -> 07:44 PM)
I so wish the FSU and Clemson to the Big 12 rumors were true. Just don't think that it'll happen. That Big 12 would be badass.

Sounds like it might depend on if FSU and Clemson can get 2 other teams from the ACC to follow to form an Eastern division.

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 10, 2012 -> 09:35 PM)
Sounds like it might depend on if FSU and Clemson can get 2 other teams from the ACC to follow to form an Eastern division.

What would happen to ACC?

Turn to basketball conference? Or do you think UNC starts to listen to the Big10s pitch?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 10:48 PM)
What would happen to ACC?

Turn to basketball conference? Or do you think UNC starts to listen to the Big10s pitch?

It's already a basketball conference that really doesnt care about anyone other than the Carolina schools. Which is why FSU is always looking elsewhere.

Have no clue why UNC would listen to other conferences.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 10, 2012 -> 11:12 PM)
Money, would be all I can think. The only reason I mentioned it was that back when the whole AM thing went down, there were some rumors Big wanted to try and go after ACC schools.

I honestly think the ACC would rather do away with football for the most part and just concentrate on basketball.

With the football appearing to be headed towards the 4 super conferences, I was wondering if the 4th conference would be the ACC or Big 12. Looks like the Big 12 will be that conference so it should be interesting to see how it all shakes out now.

If it goes down, it sounds like FSU would want Miami to follow them and GT be the 4th team with Clemson.

What teams did you hear to be rumored on the Big 10's radar? I would think Pittsburgh would be interested in leaving since they care about their football program.

Rumors were all over the place.

UVA, Maryland, Pitt, GTech, UNC, Duke were all thrown around as possible targets. From the old Big East it was usually Pitt and Rutgers, although most think Pitt would be the least likely.

Edited by Soxbadger

I honestly think the ACC would rather do away with football for the most part and just concentrate on basketball.

No, not even close. Even in a conference like the ACC that always has been and always will be far more successful in basketball than in football, football brings in tons more cash than basketball. The money made on a Clemson-Florida State football game dwarfs the amount of money made on a UNC-Duke basketball game.

In fact, rumors that Clemson and FSU might be leaving may prod the ACC to sweeten their offer to ND, which is where I think ND winds up if Clemson/FSU/Miami/VT don't bolt for another conference first.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

What teams did you hear to be rumored on the Big 10's radar? I would think Pittsburgh would be interested in leaving since they care about their football program.

ND is still the Big Ten's #1 target. They will not expand again until ND decides to join them or the ACC. The Big Ten isn't high on Pitt because they already get plenty of exposure in Western PA from Penn State and Ohio State. Rutgers is a very attractive target due to the NY market, and Maryland due to the DC market.

Most Big alumni I know dont care or want ND anymore. A lot of people believe that ship has sailed and unless ND comes and asks to join the Big they are going to move on without them. Although you always hear rumors that ND is going to join, so who knows.

For example, ND wouldnt even join the Big 10 hockey conference, which would have been a natural stepping stone.

It really depends on if the ACC falls apart, because if it doesnt, I dont think the Big adds teams for a while.

Most Big alumni I know dont care or want ND anymore. A lot of people believe that ship has sailed and unless ND comes and asks to join the Big they are going to move on without them. Although you always hear rumors that ND is going to join, so who knows.

For example, ND wouldnt even join the Big 10 hockey conference, which would have been a natural stepping stone.

It really depends on if the ACC falls apart, because if it doesnt, I dont think the Big adds teams for a while.

Big alumni you know don't drive these decisions--TV dollars do, and ND still pulls in enough TV dollars to have every single conference interested in them.

Also, ND was not asked to join the Big 10 hockey conference. Nor was any other hockey program not in the Big Ten for other sports.

I know people who work for the Big 10 conference.

As for the hockey conference, Ive read it both ways, some say ND turned down an offer, some say Big never made it. Its really hard to tell because ND and the Big play things pretty close to the vest.