Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:53 AM)
Not expecting a Michigan win, but hope it is close and respectable.

Fitz and clark suspended officially.

I am trying, and I mean trying to root for the conference SEC-style like I should but all I that comes out of my mouth is Roll Tide

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)

I am trying, and I mean trying to root for the conference SEC-style like I should but all I that comes out of my mouth is Roll Tide

Yeah, I don't have much hope now. Denard would have to absolutely go off.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:16 PM)
Jadeveon Clowny‏@JadeveonClowny

Since its Vanderbilt's QB's birthday if this gets 500 retweets I'll tell him happy birthday after I sack him.

Wasn't even his real twitter account, name spelled wrong as well gave it away. But, he actually got credited with 2 sacks, one was touching the QB after he fell down himself.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 11:02 AM)
I don't know that I'd go that far. Lattimore did get 23 carries as it was, and he was drawing quite a crowd when Shaw was out/hurt. The one successful play when they had the backups in was a zone read where Thompson was able to get 9 yards because like 4 people were ready to tackle Lattimore. They had virtually no threat of a passing game at any time, so even with Lattimore/Shaw combining for over 200 yards, they only scored 17. I think they might have been able to cover, but I don't see a blowout with their struggles offensively.

Playcalling sucked donkey balls when Shaw went out (6 passes in a row by the backup? uh no)....but, once Shaw was out, it was easy to defend the run and bottle anything up.

As for why he didn't run it more, that is a no win situation. You run him not enough, and people say "he must still be hurt!! they won't even use him!"....run him too much, and people say "Damn, Spurrier is trying to run the kid into the ground after a major injury! Spurrier is trying to kill the kid's career!". No-win.

Ugly game, terrible offensive gameplan that was semi-understandable once the QB was out, but people seem to forget that Vandy's one TD was on a play where the safety thought he was getting a cookie INT instead of running through the receiver. Else, its a 15-20 yard gain, and who knows if they find the end zone.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
Yeah, I don't have much hope now. Denard would have to absolutely go off.

IMO it's all on how well Michigan's D filled some holes and if they become more proficient at Mattison's schemes. If you can stop the Tide's run game and make them one dimensional you may get some turnovers that could change the game.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 01:25 PM)

More rah rah BS. Most people in my area give 2 s***s about other conference teams. Me, I'm rooting for a 77-0 N.C. State win tonight. I have no problem seeing every SEC team out there going 0-12, if that were even possible.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)
More rah rah BS. Most people in my area give 2 s***s about other conference teams. Me, I'm rooting for a 77-0 N.C. State win tonight. I have no problem seeing every SEC team out there going 0-12, if that were even possible.

LOL thats awesome. I try to cheer for the conference in football but I find its not nearly as easy as it is in basketball.

Our resident Vols fan/Kiffin hater will love this.

With top-ranked USC’s season opener against Hawaii coming up fast, the Trojans have actually added a scholarship player to its roster.

Or, re-added in this case.

Three months after being sentenced to one year in prison for leaving the scene of an accident last year, linebacker Simione Vehikite has rejoined the team and made a quiet return to practice Wednesday.

“He has been released from jail,” said Vehikite’s attorney, per the Los Angeles Daily News. Vehikite was released earlier this week.

Vehikite pleaded no contest in May to two felony counts stemming from an accident involving him last July. The incident led to four felony counts this past February: leaving the scene of an accident; driving under the influence causing injury; driving with a .08% blood-alcohol level and causing injury; and identity theft.

He was dismissed from the team this spring by coach Lane Kiffin in the wake of his legal troubles.

Vehikite’s return meant walk-on Will Andrew did not have his scholarship renewed.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...on-scholarship/

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)

Why would a OSU fan even think about rooting for Michigan? Ever?

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Never, EVER put faith in a Tom O'Brien team...UTenn is torching them, and the N.C. State OL is getting abused.

aint that the truth.

NCST had plenty of chances early but when they screwed up, the royally screwed up