Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

Illinois' new coaching staff has been incredibly unimpressive so far. Solid recruiting results but the play calling has been questionable and what was an outstanding defense all of last year that returned a ton of talent has been shredded twice in four games. Very concerning going forward but a huge part of this team's problem is that Zook and co. left absolutely no talent on the offensive side of the ball. No good QBs, no weapons at WR and a terrible offensive line.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
ND is boring.

Good defense but we'll see how good it is actually is when they face a legit QB threat.

I'd say Denard Robinson is a legit QB. You must mean a legit throwing QB.

And the "irrelevant irish" have now likely moved into the top 10. f*** you Rick Reily.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
That K-State/Oklahoma game was a good one. I watched most of it. KSU hung on. Nice win.

Kansas and Charlie Weis lost to Northern Illinois today. Do you ND fans think Weis will fail at Kansas?

Not a ND fan, but yes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
Because his massive ego makes him a better coordinator than head coach? Or because no coach can win at moribund Kansas?

Well, he's shown no ability to coach actual talent.

He's going to have to try and take advantage of the Kansas JUCO system, but we'll see how long it takes him to figure that out.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 03:28 AM)
Well, he's shown no ability to coach actual talent.

He's going to have to try and take advantage of the Kansas JUCO system, but we'll see how long it takes him to figure that out.

Yeah.

I figure he'd get tired of this job after a couple years but his son is just a freshman and Weis set it up that the kid can actually be a pseudo assistant coach if u can believe that. He's not going anywhere until the kid graduates IMO.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 02:55 AM)
ND is boring.

Good defense but we'll see how good it is actually is when they face a legit QB threat.

I'm not high on the ND coach since that poor kid died in the tragic accident with the tower.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 11:09 PM)
Who should be ranked higher next week? Kansas State or Notre Dame?

Kansas St and its not even close.

Klein is Tebow 2.0. But he's stuck at Kansas St so he doesnt get the hype. Someone in the NFL will pick him and try to mimic what Tebow does.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 23, 2012 -> 04:56 AM)
It's an accident, but those scissor lifts usually have a sticker on them saying not to go up in winds over 25 MPH or so. A lot of people screwed up that day.

Dr. Allison Drumm is the mother of the young guy who died. I know her and she is a fine person. That kid's death was the end of Notre Dame to me. There's no reason that kid should have been sent up there to film a goddam practice. That kid's life was taken away over filming a f***ing practice on a windy day. So damn sad. I hope they have a scholarship in the youngster's name or name a building after him or something.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:56 PM)
It's an accident, but those scissor lifts usually have a sticker on them saying not to go up in winds over 25 MPH or so. A lot of people screwed up that day.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, but I really, really hope it's not putting blame on the kid.