Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 06:36 AM)
This will be his 3rd weekend in a row at IU. 4th in the last 5 weeks. Supposedly, their all making their commitments known this weekend. We shall see.

You seem to be the only IU fan excited about football. They couldnt even pack half the stands when the #8 team came to town. I dont think bball schools like IU will after be a football contender since they have next to zero fan and community support.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 10:34 AM)
You seem to be the only IU fan excited about football. They couldnt even pack half the stands when the #8 team came to town. I dont think bball schools like IU will after be a football contender since they have next to zero fan and community support.

IU will never be a football school, but it is exciting they are starting to pull some of the top Indiana talent. They've never had a class like this before and right now, Wilson has them at least competing with the top tier B1G teams on the field. Long way to go, but getting 6-7 wins a season in the future would still be huge for IU. It will never pass basketball, but it could become respectful. Especially with Hopeless up at Purdue running that program into the ground.

Two weeks ago the national media was full of "Steve Spurrier created a national title contender at S. Carolina" Oops.

Northwestern with another blown 4th quarter lead, bummer. This is the type of year they can make their mark in the B1G. Loved the new helmets.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 20, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
AJ McCarron deserves to be in the discussion with his 16-0 TD/INT numbers so far.

His defense is too good, he doesn't have to make any plays. Right now Klein has to be the front runner. What a fluke West Virginia was.

Phew, close one in South Bend. I guess Tommy Rees is better in the 4th quarter than the first 3. Coach Kelly said that Golson will be starting next week vs. Oklahoma. Well f*** ME then, defense better be ready to hold the Sooners to under 10.

I had been thinking all year that Rees gives ND a better chance to win, but after the BYU game, I'm not so sure. The O-line seems to do better at run blocking than pass blocking, and Rees missed several reads/throws to the point that I no longer think his passing advantage outweighs Golson's running advantage.

Either way, the defense is going to need to bring it all Saturday against Oklahoma because even against a Big 12 defense, I don't see the Irish putting up a ton of points.

Besides, I don't see Kansas State or Alabama/Florida losing a game, so it would be less frustrating to go 11-1 or 10-2 and deliver a beatdown to Louisville in the Fiesta Bowl than to go 12-0 and have to whine about not getting into the title game.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
The offense is below average at best at Florida. Course, you give any team 21 points in the first half, they should be able to win. 3 weeks in a row that Florida hasn't even thrown for 100 yards, and still won.

It's just very odd. All the talk going into the year was how they don't have a quarterback, might have to split time, etc...then they are somehow #2 towards the end of October. Never would have thought that could happen.