Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:38 AM)
It's just very odd. All the talk going into the year was how they don't have a quarterback, might have to split time, etc...then they are somehow #2 towards the end of October. Never would have thought that could happen.

Gotta wonder if this is the weekend it bites them in the ass.

Against LSU they had 1 first down in the first half.

Against South Carolina they had 21 points off of 29 total yards in the first half.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:24 PM)
This will be so painful to watch.

If I had to put money down, I'd bet on Indiana.

I saw this, thought you'd find it interesting:

Indiana fun fact: Since the beginning of the 1995 season, Indiana has won six Big Ten road games. Six. In 17+ seasons. Six.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
Have you seen Illinois' offense? Their opponents play good defense without even trying.

Actually, not really. I tried at one point but gave up. I may watch this game though because it may be interesting, however I will be in the quad cities so I'm sure it wont be a priority on the TV.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 11:45 AM)
IU picks up another 4 star, but this one was a surprise. 4 star DB from Geogia, Rashard Fant.

4 star on what site? Need to be more specific.

They have a low number of recruits but a decent star rating (scout). I'm betting if they get another 2 and Kimbrough they jump up from #10 in conference and #$60 nationally. Im thinking they have the opportunity to be in the top 30 if not 25.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p...w=2&yr=2013

Overall very pathetic so far for the entire conference. OSU is adding another 6-7 players or so, Michigan is about done so there are alot of players left in the midwest in play.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 12:47 PM)
4 star on what site? Need to be more specific.

They have a low number of recruits but a decent star rating (scout). I'm betting if they get another 2 and Kimbrough they jump up from #10 in conference and #$60 nationally. Im thinking they have the opportunity to be in the top 30 if not 25.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145&p...w=2&yr=2013

Overall very pathetic so far for the entire conference. OSU is adding another 6-7 players or so, Michigan is about done so there are alot of players left in the midwest in play.

Sorry, was talking about Rivals. I use that for about everything and their football coverage is by far the best.

Likely pick up Latham here in the next few days, then likely Daniel. I doubt Kimbrough flips, but we'll see. Tim Gardner whose committed to OSU has been to IU multiple times this month too. Who knows who else.

QUOTE (He_Gawn @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 11:58 AM)
Sorry, was talking about Rivals. I use that for about everything and their football coverage is by far the best.

Likely pick up Latham here in the next few days, then likely Daniel. I doubt Kimbrough flips, but we'll see. Tim Gardner whose committed to OSU has been to IU multiple times this month too. Who knows who else.

Gardner wont flip (though I'll check with our insiders for ya), but I think Kimbrough may. I wanted OSU to offer him way back and they dropped the ball.

Edited by RockRaines

I know pregnancy makes them bigger, but THAT much bigger? I sure don't remember my wife's getting that much bigger during either pregnancy, because if they did, I'd sure be wanting to get her pregnant again.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

I know there are Missouri fans here, so I thought I'd pass along that down here there are a lot of people thinking that Kentucky wins tomorrow. I'm thinking they need to stick to basketball, but then I haven't seen either team play this year.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 05:46 PM)
I know there are Missouri fans here, so I thought I'd pass along that down here there are a lot of people thinking that Kentucky wins tomorrow. I'm thinking they need to stick to basketball, but then I haven't seen either team play this year.

Well, with as many injuries as we have right now, anything is possible.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 26, 2012 -> 07:20 PM)
Bet you cant beat our 59 healthy players.

I'm not sure the total numbers, but being out our QB, RB, 3 olineman, MLB, DE OLB that were starters is what kind of crushed us. We're pretty young after the starters.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I had a dream the other night that Illinois won pretty easily.

I actually think Indiana is the slightly better team, but that might be my bias. Doesn't really matter, since both teams are terrible.

WTF did you smoke before bed?

QUOTE (farmteam @ Oct 27, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
I had a dream the other night that Illinois won pretty easily.

I actually think Indiana is the slightly better team, but that might be my bias. Doesn't really matter, since both teams are terrible.

Well Illinois is clearly the more physically gifted team and is dominating the game except for their numerous expected stupid decisions and plays.