Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 10, 2012 -> 11:57 PM)
I might be in the minority here, but I'd like to see a K State-Oregon national title game. Oregon's offense is absurd.

I was hoping for a Bama Oregon national championship, but now that that's likely over, I'd take K State vs Oregon next.

Kansas St-Oregon is looking like it will happen but I wont be shocked to see ND lose to USC and one of the other 2 lose also which will open the door for the winner of Georgia/Alabama.

We all know the SEC is the best conference but it will be nice not to hear SEC fans chanting "__ titles in a row"

QUOTE (zenryan @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
Gruden is a pro coach. I cant imagine him being comfortable in coaching a new QB every 2-4 years.

Are you kidding? Do you remember the QB carousel in Tampa? It was ridiculous

He may be a pro coach but it isn't because he only wants to deal with one QB

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
Are you kidding? Do you remember the QB carousel in Tampa? It was ridiculous

He may be a pro coach but it isn't because he only wants to deal with one QB

Yeah, I'm a Bucs fan and I remember him not wanting to draft or develop a young QB because he only trusts veterans with his offensive scheme which led to the carousel of QBs. He wants nothing to do with young QBs.

He runs a complicated offense and I doubt he would dumb it down for college kids. Remember the complaints about Callahan at Nebraska? He threw his name out there when Miami was looking for a HC and he'll do the same to Tennessee to leverage a better deal when NFL teams start calling.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 09:17 PM)
Tennessee fans think they have a legit shot at Gruden because his wife is a Tenn grad and from the Knoxville area, I think? I don't buy it.

Tennessee fans also thought they'd win 8-9 games this year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 11, 2012 -> 12:57 AM)
I might be in the minority here, but I'd like to see a K State-Oregon national title game. Oregon's offense is absurd.

I'm praying that is what we get. ND is not that good. They would be blown out by Oregon (or Bama, or LSU, or UGA, or FSU, or UF, or Clemson?, or A&M) in the title game

I'm praying that is what we get. ND is not that good. They would be blown out by Oregon (or Bama, or LSU, or UGA, or FSU, or UF, or Clemson?, or A&M) in the title game

That's a bunch of BS. ND's defense would keep them in the game against anybody.