Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shocker, more dropped passes. Unbelievably awful play calling there. And please ABC, stop showing Te'o every other play when he's been a non-factor tonight. Musberger and Herbstreit were terrible on the broadcast tonight.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 10:15 PM)
Lane Kiffin is a terrible football coach. Unbelievably awful clock management here.

What do you want from him? He threw on first down two times in a row. His team got to the one-yard line. Your offense has to be able to get that.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
What do you want from him? He threw on first down two times in a row. His team got to the one-yard line. Your offense has to be able to get that.

His team has been stuffed on the goal line running the ball all night. You have amazing wide receivers. Keep throwing, it isn't like ND has stopped that all night. And you are making it easier for ND to stop the run when you only have 1 WR on the field and let them go all out to stop the run.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 04:20 AM)
His team has been stuffed on the goal line running the ball all night. You have amazing wide receivers. Keep throwing, it isn't like ND has stopped that all night. And you are making it easier for ND to stop the run when you only have 1 WR on the field and let them go all out to stop the run.

Yep, just a terrible set of offensive calls by the goal line. Once it got to 3rd down, might as well do the fade again and draw the PI.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
As long as the Groce hire works out I'd imagine the AD would be safe for the time being. The Beckman hire was brutal though and it was easy to see that as soon as the ASU game even if a couple here were still delusional.

If MT gets 2/3 of the mens bb, football, and womens bb coaches right, then he's doing pretty well. So far Groce has been a shining star for the Illini, hopefully he keeps it up.

And Illinois fans need to take a step back and give Beckman some time. Clearly he hasn't looked good, and he's dug himself a hole, but he needs time to get his staff right and get his players. Firing him now is about the stupidest thing you could do unless MT has some trick up his sleeve with a very solid coach waiting to come in (very unlikely).

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
Shocker, more dropped passes. Unbelievably awful play calling there. And please ABC, stop showing Te'o every other play when he's been a non-factor tonight. Musberger and Herbstreit were terrible on the broadcast tonight.

I think Herbstreit is pretty good at what he does but Musberger is flat out terrible. Pretty sad that the top guys for CBS and ABC is Verne and Brent. Just promote Nessler to the top spot already.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:21 PM)
Yep, just a terrible set of offensive calls by the goal line. Once it got to 3rd down, might as well do the fade again and draw the PI.

Fake the fade and run a slant, the DB was overplaying the fade significantly on the last play and they had man to man coverage. No way that guy stays in front of Lee.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
He didn't trust the QB and I have a hard time blaming him. A yard isn't that hard to gain.

No but you just cant keep running up the middle when your opponent is selling out for that play. Do a toss or something.

Atleast Florida has no shot now. I can go back to rooting against ND now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:30 PM)
ND in title game blows...............4th down ref gifts at home over and over..............I hope they get smoked in bowl game like they always do!

better than Alabama/UGA vs Florida.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 24, 2012 -> 11:56 PM)
Clowney would be the first pick in the draft if he was eligible.

Clemson's OC tried to outsmart the Carolina DC, I guess...no idea what he was doing...he never bothered to even chip Clowney, or double team him. Hey, its ok to admit you have to use 2 players to block arguably the nation's best defensive talent. But no, "just gonna try to use this one guy and I'll be fine..."

-Props to ND and their fans. I'm a major hater, but they beat all 12 teams on their schedule and that's what matters. Good luck beating the "unstoppable" SEC.

-Lane Kiffin may actually be a worse coach than Tim Beckman. That goalline play calling sequence was brutal.

-If Johnny Manziel doesn't win the Hesiman, then the Heisman voters need to join MLB's Hall of Fame voters in a labor camp in Siberia. He has more total yards than Newton & Tebow did in their seasons, the kid has been incredible.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 25, 2012 -> 05:44 AM)
-Props to ND and their fans. I'm a major hater, but they beat all 12 teams on their schedule and that's what matters. Good luck beating the "unstoppable" SEC.

-Lane Kiffin may actually be a worse coach than Tim Beckman. That goalline play calling sequence was brutal.

-If Johnny Manziel doesn't win the Hesiman, then the Heisman voters need to join MLB's Hall of Fame voters in a labor camp in Siberia. He has more total yards than Newton & Tebow did in their seasons, the kid has been incredible.

ESPN and their employees seem to be pushing Te'o for the Heisman tonight. Te'o, outside of that interception, was a complete non-factor (he's been average at best the last 4 games, as he hasn't topped 5 tackles once). Once again, Nix and his ability to clog the middle in goal line situations was more important than anything else for the ND defense. Like you said though, they beat all 12 teams on their schedule and that's something that Oregon and K St. couldn't find a way to do.

Edited by fathom