Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The leaders of the Te'o for Heisman committee are Skip Bayless, Dick Vitale and Magic Johnson. What's next, Hawk Harrelson is going to say he deserves it?

If Hawk knew how to use a computer or a smart phone, yes that's probably what he'd say.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 02:12 PM)
If Hawk knew how to use a computer or a smart phone, yes that's probably what he'd say.

Hawk would vote for Manziel if only because his nickname is Johnny Football

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 30, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
It would be great for the program if Lynch can get an invite to NYC for the Heisman.

He probably deserves to be in the top 5, but I don't think he has gotten enough national pub to get enough votes. Plus, when you are at a lower level school, it helps to be an NFL prospect so people talk about you.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:37 AM)
I just want to know why Kent State would go straight to a BCS but NIU can't.

Here's hoping a bunch of teams lose tomorrow. I wanna see my Huskies in a BCS game.

THeoretically, what needs to happen for NIU to make the Sugar Bowl?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
THeoretically, what needs to happen for NIU to make the Sugar Bowl?

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/11/26/lon...ng-orange-bowl/

NIU was previously unranked in the BCS standings, but jumped up at least five spots to No. 21. Now they have to jump five more spots this week.

A BCS exception allows a conference champion from a non-automatic qualifying conference to become an automatic qualifier if it finishes in the top 16 of the BCS and is ranked higher than a conference champion from an automatic qualifying conference.

In layman’s terms, if Northern Illinois finishes in the top 16 of the BCS and is ranked ahead of a conference champion from the Big East, Big Ten or ACC, the Huskies will go to the Orange Bowl.

NIU officials are optimistic that if the Huskies beat Kent State Friday in the MAC Championship Game, that scenario will play out.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 03:37 AM)
I just want to know why Kent State would go straight to a BCS but NIU can't.

Here's hoping a bunch of teams lose tomorrow. I wanna see my Huskies in a BCS game.

They need to finish in the top 16 to qualify for the BCS. Kent State was #17, so they only needed UCLA to lose to move up. NIU was #21, so they needed more help. UCLA already lost, but to have a chance, NIU needs losses from Texas & Boise St. So root like hell for Kansas State & Nevada today.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2...of-dave-doeren/

One day after coaching Northern Illinois to its second consecutive MAC title, Dave Doeren is headed for the money-green pastures of a BcS conference. reportedly.

In a press release, North Carolina State announced that Doeren has agreed to become the next Wolfpack head football coach. A press conference to introduce Doeren has been scheduled for Sunday afternoon.

Athletic director Debbie Yow traveled to Illinois this morning to interview Doeren, mere hours after the conference championship game. Suffice to say, the interview went well.

“Coach Dave Doeren is a highly motivated overachiever who shares our goals to pursue aggressively a high level of achievement in the classroom and on the field of competition,” Yow said in a brief statement.

The move, at least based on previous reports, comes as somewhat of a surprise as many observers had viewed Louisiana Tech’s Sonny Dykes as the odds-on favorite to be named the successor to Tom O’Brien.

Doeren’s résumé, though makes it far from shocking. In just two seasons in DeKalb, Doeren sported a sparkling 23-4 record, with just one of those losses coming in conference play.

The Huskies job was his first as a head coach at the collegiate level.

“I am honored and excited to join the Wolfpack. NC State has world-class facilities and fans that are second to none,” Doeren said. “I want to thank Chancellor Woodson and Debbie Yow for this tremendous opportunity. My family and I can’t wait to get to Raleigh and become Wolfpackers. While I look forward to our future at State, I want to acknowledge and thank the Northern Illinois players and fans for their support the last two years, especially President Peters and [athletic director] Jeff Compher.”

Doeren made $423,000 in 2012 and, while the parameters of his NCSU deal were not released, it’s safe to assume that he’ll receive a hefty bump in pay.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 11:46 PM)
Hope saban puts those timeouts to good use during halftime.

Awful no call on the hit to Murray.

Spencer Tillman getting blasted on twitter for saying he's voting for Te'o for the Heisman cause he "likes his story".