Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
Beyond stupid. Mind boggling.

Classic Richt and Murray right there.

Put Saban and Alabama's QB on Georgia and Georgia probably moonwalks to the national title.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 1, 2012 -> 07:37 PM)
Hah, yes, way to put my foot in my mouth...Gus Johnson has creamed his pants three times in the first 5 minutes!

And I actually cant say hes overreacting this time. That scramble was one of the best runs ive seen.

Expect to see Northern Illinois get voted mysteriously low on (or left off of) the ballots of the Big 12 coaches, resulting in NIU ending up 17th in the BCS Standings and opening a BCS Bowl slot for Oklahoma.

However, if that does not happen, they will almost certainly go to the Orange Bowl. I don't see any way the Sugar Bowl picks them over Louisville.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 07:58 AM)
Expect to see Northern Illinois get voted mysteriously low on (or left off of) the ballots of the Big 12 coaches, resulting in NIU ending up 17th in the BCS Standings and opening a BCS Bowl slot for Oklahoma.

However, if that does not happen, they will almost certainly go to the Orange Bowl. I don't see any way the Sugar Bowl picks them over Louisville.

Yep. Completely agree and that sucks.

Transitive property doesnt work that way in college sports.

Otherwise you come up with North Dakota State is better than Notre Dame (ND only beat Pitt by 3 points, Youngstown State beat Pitt by 14, Youngstown lost to ND State 48-7).

I havent seen NIU, so I cant say whether they could hang with FSU.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
Florida State lost to NC State and beat Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech by less than a touchdown. I think NIU can certainly keep it close against them.

NIU played nobody, beat nobody, lost to Iowa. Simply winning the MAC doesn't mean you deserve a spot. This isn't undefeated Boise St we're talking about.

You watch football enough and watch an FSU/Oklahoma/UCLA play, there's no way you think NIU is near that caliber.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 12:41 PM)
Florida State lost to NC State and beat Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech by less than a touchdown. I think NIU can certainly keep it close against them.

It's gonna be a blowout. Just athletically, especially on the lines, NIU just doesn't compare at all. FSU has several players on their lines that will be playing on Sundays.