Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 12:59 PM)
Jordan Lynch can hang vs anyone, and I hope we get to see it as that would be infinitely more entertaining then any of the other orange bowl match ups.

He's never seen a front 7 as athletic and fast as FSU. The speed of the game will completely different to anything he's ever seen. I'd be very surprised if this game was particularly close.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
He's never seen a front 7 as athletic and fast as FSU. The speed of the game will completely different to anything he's ever seen. I'd be very surprised if this game was particularly close.

FSU's speed on defense is amazing. FSU's defensive players are faster than Lynch is. I'm an NIU fan, but I think FSU would win by 2 TDs pretty easily.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 11:54 AM)
NIU played nobody, beat nobody, lost to Iowa. Simply winning the MAC doesn't mean you deserve a spot. This isn't undefeated Boise St we're talking about.

You watch football enough and watch an FSU/Oklahoma/UCLA play, there's no way you think NIU is near that caliber.

Yeah, you can't lose to Iowa without a halfway respectable win and cry about going to a BCS game. If NIU gets to a BCS game, it's just another example of how f***ed up the system is. NIU isn't good, let's move on.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Yeah, you can't lose to Iowa without a halfway respectable win and cry about going to a BCS game. If NIU gets to a BCS game, it's just another example of how f***ed up the system is. NIU isn't good, let's move on.

Agreed. NIU lost to Iowa and Kent St. lost to Kentucky by over 30. The MAC has no business getting a BCS slot.

Forget about all the BCS Championship game controversies, this is the biggest joke ever. No way does a team that lost to Iowa, a 4-8 team in one of the worst seasons ever in the Big Ten, deserve to be in a BCS game. Meanwhile, the Oklahoma Sooners, a team that is the co-champions of the Big 12, a conference where 90% of the teams are going bowling, is left out of the BCS. Unbelievable. What a joke.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 04:52 PM)
Vanderbilt's final coaches' poll ballot:

1 Alabama

2 Georgia

3 Florida

4 Notre Dame

5 LSU

6 Oregon

7 Texas A&M

8 South Carolina

You forgot the part where he has vandy at 16

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
Eh, we say this every year. And every year we watch, the games are usually good. Rinse, repeat.

Ill watch the Michigan game and I'm actually interested in national title game as I pull against ND.

Iowa

Tennessee-Martin

Army

Kansas

Central Michigan

at Ball State

Buffalo

at Akron

at Western Michigan

Massachusetts

Toledo

at Eastern Michigan

at Kent State

Now that is a schedule of a BCS worthy team!

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 06:44 PM)
Anyone who honestly thinks that Bama is going to roll over ND hasn't watched Bama or ND play enough this season. ND isn't going to get blown out and could easily have hung with both of those teams yesterday.

They were down 14 points going into the 4th quarter against Pitt. Ray Graham had 172 rushing yards and averaged over 7 yards per carry against ND (although maybe they gameplanned to stop Sunseri /green). This Bama team has one of the best running games in college football and just ran for 350 yards in the SEC championship game.

I think the game will be close for a bit, but Bama will eventually pull away and cover the 8 points that they're currently giving.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
They were down 14 points going into the 4th quarter against Pitt. Ray Graham had 172 rushing yards and averaged over 7 yards per carry against ND (although maybe they gameplanned to stop Sunseri /green). This Bama team has one of the best running games in college football and just ran for 350 yards in the SEC championship game.

I think the game will be close for a bit, but Bama will eventually pull away and cover the 8 points that they're currently giving.

They went 12-0 with wins over Stanford and Oklahoma and they won that Pitt game as well. I don't see your point every team has a bad day, its the good ones that overcome it and manage to remain undefeated.

Alabama struggles against mobile Quarterbacks and ND has stopped the run all season minus the Pitt game. Anyone who thinks Alabama is this unstoppable force and ND is going to get killed is wrong. The game will be close.