Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 02:55 PM)
ron Gleeman ‏@AaronGleeman

Gambling was invented so people would feel less dirty about rooting for a team in an Alabama-Notre Dame game.

The annoyance of having to deal with ND fans in Chicago (mostly those who did NOT attend the school) overrides any possible SEC dislike I may have. Roll Tide!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
Wait, arent you a Michigan fan? I dont know any UM fans that are remotely pulling for the domers.

I'm from Indiana. I don't hate ND. Most of my friends are ND fans. I just choose not to follow the pack sometimes, whether that means becoming a ND fan when I was young or rooting for ND now.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 03:25 PM)
Wait, arent you a Michigan fan? I dont know any UM fans that are remotely pulling for the domers.

I hope it's decided by the end of the 1st quarter.

Plus, if ND wins, the Irish "fans" at work will be the most ungracious winners ever.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)

Plus, if ND wins, the Irish "fans" at work will be the most ungracious winners ever.

Thats about what I expect. Some of my michigan fan friends hate ND more than OSU.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
Thats about what I expect. Some of my michigan fan friends hate ND more than OSU.

I do. If I went to Michigan, it may be a different story, but ND is my most hated college.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 06:02 PM)

That can quickly be fixed with a win in Ann Arbor next September.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 04:54 PM)
Disney is stupid for having tonight's game on ESPN instead of ABC. The ratings will be a shadow of what they could have been. It could have rivaled a Super Bowl.

The highest rated national championship game ever, Texas-USC which was on ABC, had 35.6 million viewers.

Super Bowl XLV had 111 million viewers.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 07:02 PM)

Yeah, I hate Alabama and think Nick Saban is a douche but ND fans are so obnoxious and unbearable. And for some reason this year it seems the number of people I know who are "huge Notre Dame fans!" has exploded. Weird.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 07:00 PM)
Yeah, I hate Alabama and think Nick Saban is a douche but ND fans are so obnoxious and unbearable. And for some reason this year it seems the number of people I know who are "huge Notre Dame fans!" has exploded. Weird.

They're no worse than Bama fans... and I would submit they probably aren't nearly as bad. Before you argue with me, come live in AL for awhile!

Those that say ND gets all the calls can't crow tonight. Terrible call on the punt return and questionable call on the preceding incompletion.

All that said, the Irish better man up right now or they're going to get blown out of the building.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)
Those that say ND gets all the calls can't crow tonight. Terrible call on the punt return and questionable call on the preceding incompletion.

All that said, the Irish better man up right now or they're going to get blown out of the building.

yea it's looking pretty bad so far

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 07:51 PM)

He clearly was bobbling the catch, the punt was questionable. Either way your vaunted D needs to step up and right now they are getting run over.