Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:57 PM)
Same friend:

No worries [friend 3], it's just his opinion. Just because you hoist a trophy doesnt mean you were the best team. ND had reason to be #1 ib the nation and was simply put, UNDEFEATED. Bama has a loss. The SEC is no doubt the best conference in college football, but they arent as good as everyone wants to make them to be. Team like ND, Ohio State, Michigan, and Oregon could easily beat the best from the SEC

You need new friends.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 04:59 AM)
The 4 best teams in college football right now, IMO, are Alabama, Oregon, TAMU and Stanford.

Absolutely, but I still think at this point in time TAMU would beat all of them.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 04:00 AM)
No love for the only undefeated team?

I'll be honest Rock, I didn't watch enough OSU this season to rank them above those 4 teams that I saw all the time this season. How do you think your boys would fare against those 4?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:01 PM)
Absolutely, but I still think at this point in time TAMU would beat all of them.

A bama rematch with TAMU would be pretty epic. I think Bama would win with time to prep though. The time they played was a very, very bad spot for bama (were coming off an emotional win at LSU).

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 3, 2013 -> 07:41 AM)
Alabama's perception is based on their performance in the SEC, which is proving to be weaker than people thought, but if you want to hand me some money by giving me ND and 10 points, I'll gladly take it.

What will he buy with his winnings?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:00 PM)
You need new friends.

Yeah. Why are you friends with sports idiots?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
For the record SEC will be what, 6-3 in bowl season. That's pretty good. LSU and FLA with clunkers but they were inconsistent all year.

And LSU lost to a really good Clemson team mostly because of bad coaching late. Florida was really the only SEC team with a terrible performance and they looked like they didn't even want to be out there.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 05:02 AM)
Rule #1 in college football, never bet against Saban in bcs title games.

True, but in hypothetical good ball being played, TAMU finished the strongest.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:01 PM)
I'll be honest Rock, I didn't watch enough OSU this season to rank them above those 4 teams that I saw all the time this season. How do you think your boys would fare against those 4?

By the end of the season we'd be competitive.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:03 PM)
What will he buy with his winnings?

Yeah. Why are you friends with sports idiots?

He's not normally. To be honest, he's blinded because he's Catholic and thus overrates ND.

His comments are gold right now.

"There's no denying that Bama is an amzing football team, but I still stand by the fact the Notre Dame had the most entertaing and best season this year"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:05 PM)
He's not normally. To be honest, he's blinded because he's Catholic and thus overrates ND.

His comments are gold right now.

"There's no denying that Bama is an amzing football team, but I still stand by the fact the Notre Dame had the most entertaing and best season this year"

Tell him to take it like a man.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 11:02 PM)
Rule #1 in college football, never bet against Saban in bcs title games.

Rule #2 in college football, dont bet against the SEC in bcs titles games until further notice.

I'm feeling bad for the ND players now. Kelly and the ND fans get F off.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Nov 18, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
Having an opinion isn't disrespectful, but when you spend weeks talking about how much better Oregon and KSU are than ND and then those two go out and wet themselves, then expect to hear about it.

Hmmm....

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
Rule #2 in college football, dont bet against the SEC in bcs titles games until further notice.

I'm feeling bad for the ND players now. Kelly and the ND fans get F off.

Rule #3 ...................ND gets hammered when it matters most! :lol:

I am going to enjoy EVERY second of this ass whipping!

Edited by Soxfest