Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:11 PM)
There is something hilarious that the SportsCenter headline right now is: "BREAKING NEWS: MANTI TE'O'S GIRLFRIEND DID NOT EXIST"

Out of context, it's the funniest headline ever. It reads like a high school drama.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:06 PM)
He paid a girl to pretend that she was interested in Te'o so that Te'o would get closer tuiasasopo as a friend. Then when Te'o is at his weakest moment (Grandma death) take away girlfriend leaving teo only with tuiasasopo to rely on. Thus tuiasasopo becomes Te'o's confidant and best friend.

This would be a pretty classic con.

Well I certainly can't make you change your opinion, but I just don't see how this is an alibi that could be at all plausible

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:11 PM)
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

Oh to be a fly on the wall for the NFL teams' personal interviews with Manti Te'o over the next few months.

Would love to see the colts Teo meeting

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:14 PM)
Well I certainly can't make you change your opinion, but I just don't see how this is an alibi that could be at all plausible

I dont know. Right now I would say that Te'o probably knew at some point and played along with it. I just am saying its possible that he was duped.

"This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her.

"To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating.

"It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life.

"I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been.

"In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was.

"Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft."

YOU SAID YOU HUNG OUT WITH HER. MET HER IN A PARKING LOT. HUNG OUT WITH HER FAMILY.

This is incredibly embarrassing to talk about, but over an extended period of time, I developed an emotional relationship with a woman I met online. We maintained what I thought to be an authentic relationship by communicating frequently online and on the phone, and I grew to care deeply about her. To realize that I was the victim of what was apparently someone's sick joke and constant lies was, and is, painful and humiliating. It further pains me that the grief I felt and the sympathies expressed to me at the time of my grandmother's death in September were in any way deepened by what I believed to be another significant loss in my life. I am enormously grateful for the support of my family, friends and Notre Dame fans throughout this year. To think that I shared with them my happiness about my relationship and details that I thought to be true about her just makes me sick. I hope that people can understand how trying and confusing this whole experience has been. In retrospect, I obviously should have been much more cautious. If anything good comes of this, I hope it is that others will be far more guarded when they engage with people online than I was. Fortunately, I have many wonderful things in my life, and I'm looking forward to putting this painful experience behind me as I focus on preparing for the NFL Draft.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:19 PM)
YOU SAID YOU HUNG OUT WITH HER. MET HER IN A PARKING LOT. HUNG OUT WITH HER FAMILY.

This is pretty much all that needs to be said. This kid is still f***ing lying. An online relationship. Get bent you f***

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:23 PM)
He was a victim of the hoax, not a perpetrator. I would suggest that you learn all the facts before making a judgment, but that's probably lost on somebody with your screen name.

He was not a victim. His family and he both said that they met her in person.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:23 PM)
He was a victim of the hoax, not a perpetrator. I would suggest that you learn all the facts before making a judgment, but that's probably lost on somebody with your screen name.

Have you read the article? How does Manti Te'o not know his girlfriend was a hoax?!?!

Have you read the article? How does Manti Te'o not know his girlfriend was a hoax?!?!

Some chick makes up a name and leads him on for a while before faking her death. He's far from the first guy this has happened to, just the most famous.