Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:21 PM)
Have to assume Syracuse and Pitt end up in the Big 10 or 12 then too

Wont happen.

Pitt will never be a part of the Big 10. They would bring almost no revenue for the conference, and it could cause each school to get less money as Pitt wont bring a new state.

For whatever reason the big 10 wanted Rutgers over Syracuse, so I dont think thats likely either.

But that article is from a guy who has been wrong a few times, so its more for fun, than reality.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)

So the fake girlfriend who never existed sent a photo of herself with a time stamp on December 6th, yet if Deadspin is to be believed the girl whose picture was used for the twitter account had nothing to do with the scam.

Therefore, this is the most pathetic attempt of a coverup I have ever seen in my life.

I just wish that I could fast forward to 2 weeks from now when the actual facts come out. Ive done my speculating, now I just want to know if I was right or wrong.

(edit)

Dont be so sure that girl wasnt involved.

According to this article:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/manti-teo-diane-omeara/

She was HS friends with that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. And according to the article Fathom posted, she didnt come to work today and hasnt been answering phone calls.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:00 PM)
Well at least we can all agree on one thing: If you have an online girlfriend for years that you've never met, you are a f***ing loser.

Which explains why Teo lied, but you idiots keep thinking that Teo is a scumbag for lying and milking it for sympathy.

As far as Teo knows he dated a girl for a year she died and the media picked up on it. Of course he's not going to say he only knew her online because he knew everyone would think he was a loser. This explains the contradictions in all his stories. P

Then he finds out that he was duped before the NCG, what's he supposed to do tell the media that no that never happened I was tricked and create this huge media fire storm before the national championship game? No you f***ing play along and hope it goes away after the game.

It's pretty clear now that Teo was duped and its clear why he lied to the media(so as to not look like a loser at first, and then after finding out to avoid a media firestorm that would distract the team from the national championship)

Take off the anti Notre dame glasses and see this is the only way the story makes sense. Every other explanation has at least 1 part that doesn't make sense except this one. I was with you guys the other night I thought manti was scum and a liar, but it's clear now he got conned and I feel bad for him for that and how the public views him now.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
Which explains why Teo lied, but you idiots keep thinking that Teo is a scumbag for lying and milking it for sympathy.

As far as Teo knows he dated a girl for a year she died and the media picked up on it. Of course he's not going to say he only knew her online because he knew everyone would think he was a loser. This explains the contradictions in all his stories. P

Then he finds out that he was duped before the NCG, what's he supposed to do tell the media that no that never happened I was tricked and create this huge media fire storm before the national championship game? No you f***ing play along and hope it goes away after the game.

It's pretty clear now that Teo was duped and its clear why he lied to the media(so as to not look like a loser at first, and then after finding out to avoid a media firestorm that would distract the team from the national championship)

Take off the anti Notre dame glasses and see this is the only way the story makes sense. Every other explanation has at least 1 part that doesn't make sense except this one. I was with you guys the other night I thought manti was scum and a liar, but it's clear now he got conned and I feel bad for him for that and how the public views him now.

Oh, so now we are the idiots...gotcha.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:56 PM)
Oh, so now we are the idiots...gotcha.

Yes because of your anti Notre Dame stances.

There's not a single piece of evidence that points to Teo being a part of this. There's also not a single piece of evidence that this is a giant Notre Dame coverup. Look at the facts and just accept that Teo was incredibly naive and stupid.

But keep thinking this is a giant ND coverup if it makes you sleep better at night.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:47 PM)

Whoa, calm down there killer.

I think most people agree he got scammed to some extent. However, there are reports (the one from his teammates comes to mind) that he needlessly exaggerated it because he loved the attention.

And what is he suppose to do? Not make up more BS as he goes along. Not keep mentioning his "dead gf" after he found out he was scammed. Multiple people have also linked to comments he made HIMSELF about his gf's death motivating him, and this is after he found out he was scammed. Shut up, don't make it worse.

I am a ND "hater", but this isn't about ND. This is a kid who did this to himself. You find out you get scammed, you try to let the story die down, you don't add flame to the fire. You don't keep bringing her up.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
I just wish that I could fast forward to 2 weeks from now when the actual facts come out. Ive done my speculating, now I just want to know if I was right or wrong.

(edit)

Dont be so sure that girl wasnt involved.

According to this article:

http://www.lostlettermen.com/manti-teo-diane-omeara/

She was HS friends with that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo. And according to the article Fathom posted, she didnt come to work today and hasnt been answering phone calls.

If that girl was involved and sent the photo to Te'o with a time stamp on it, then Te'o would have all the evidence he would need to clear name and it would be clear he was actually conned.

Given the negative outcry over this, there is no reason for T'eo not to come out immedietely and present proof be was conned if has it. However, him waiting to have a face to face with the media makes it look like he's trying to get his ducks in a row.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
Whoa, calm down there killer.

I think most people agree he got scammed to some extent. However, there are reports (the one from his teammates comes to mind) that he needlessly exaggerated it because he loved the attention.

And what is he suppose to do? Not make up more BS as he goes along. Not keep mentioning his "dead gf" after he found out he was scammed. Multiple people have also linked to comments he made HIMSELF about his gf's death motivating him, and this is after he found out he was scammed. Shut up, don't make it worse.

I am a ND "hater", but this isn't about ND. This is a kid who did this to himself. You find out you get scammed, you try to let the story die down, you don't add flame to the fire. You don't keep bringing her up.

Do you have specific numbers on how many times Manti went to the media with this? And how many times the media went to Manti?

Maybe this girl truly was the love of his life, maybe he truly was devastated by this but didn't want people to find out it was online. This death that was real to manti at that time could still motivate him and he'd still have the right to say that. I'm pretty sure she was mentioned 4 times after December 6. Forgive manti for not wanting to create a media circus before the two biggest events of his life (heisman ceremony and NCG)

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)

There's not a single piece of evidence that points to Teo being a part of this. There's also not a single piece of evidence that this is a giant Notre Dame coverup. Look at the facts and just accept that Teo was incredibly naive and stupid.

But keep thinking this is a giant ND coverup if it makes you sleep better at night.

Please share with us all the facts that prove Manti's innocence. I'd love to hear them all.

IMO, every single piece of info that has come out since the original story makes me think Manti was involved from the beginning or at least very early on.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 03:15 PM)
Do you have specific numbers on how many times Manti went to the media with this? And how many times the media went to Manti?

Maybe this girl truly was the love of his life, maybe he truly was devastated by this but didn't want people to find out it was online. This death that was real to manti at that time could still motivate him and he'd still have the right to say that. I'm pretty sure she was mentioned 4 times after December 6. Forgive manti for not wanting to create a media circus before the two biggest events of his life (heisman ceremony and NCG)

It's one thing for some nerd to fall in love with a girl online who he's never met but a star football player in a prestigious football school? Seems very odd. The dude could have any girl on campus that he wanted and instead fell in love with someone for an extended amount of time who's never even video chatted with? Give me a f***ing break.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:15 PM)

How many times did he go to the media with it? Probably 0. It doesn't matter if he went to the media or if the media came to him. You don't keep expanding the lie once you know it's bulls***.

If he just deflected, and avoided it to not make it a huge circus, I could understand that.

What I can't get behind is exaggerating the story to make it a bigger deal. His own teammates said he was exaggerating it because he loved the attention. They said they figured she was an online gf, and he had met her maybe once. But he loved the attention to he kept exaggerating it.

Waddle and Silvy played a clip this morning. It was from an interview before the NC game. He was asked something along the lines of "What is the biggest tragedy that is motivating you." What did he respond with? The death of his "gf". He could have said his grandmother, but no. Well after he knew it was a scam, he kept going out of his way to bring it up.

Te'o knew the girlfriend was fake LONG before he told anyone and was enjoying all the publicity.

The lad has serious issues, and this whole thing is gonna cost him dearly.

The fact he, Brian Kelley & the school won't answer questions speaks volumes about Te'os " innocence " in all this.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:28 PM)
It's one thing for some nerd to fall in love with a girl online who he's never met but a star football player in a prestigious football school? Seems very odd. The dude could have any girl on campus that he wanted and instead fell in love with someone for an extended amount of time who's never even video chatted with? Give me a f***ing break.

Well, supposedly because of the seriousness in which he practices his faith or religion, and maybe just because he is introverted, he doesn't really go out, he doesn't drink, he just lays low and stays in. While I am sure he could find a real live girl that doesn't drink or go out much, he obviously found one more easily online. I suppose if he was monstrously naive and believed all this garbage this team of con artists told him, then it is possible that all he is guilty of is hiding the fact that he never actually met her in person. Perhaps this team of con artists really did somehow convince him that she was in a car accident, flatlined twice, was miraculously saved just prior to doctors disconnecting life support, was discovered to have leukemia, went through chemo, then died the same day as his grandmother. I suppose the only thing he is guilty of is feeling as though this was something he needed to represent as a real relationship, and to tell the press about, and to embellish things to avoid having to admit he never actually met her.

I have a hard time believing someone could be so incredibly naive, but I suppose it is possible.

And let's be honest, dude didn't visit his girl in the hospital or attend her fake funeral, which is proof in my book that he knew a long, long time ago, before these events took place in his fictional timeline that he was being conned. And IMO, it makes me seriously think he was involved all along, especially when he says things to the media like his girl's breathing picked up while in a coma when she heard his voice over the phone. That's proof right there that Manti was playing us all. How can some people not see this?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 06:04 PM)

Yeah because it would be preposterous to think ND would ever cover something up...

We're just suppose to accept Te'o is naive? There's more evidence showing that Te'o knew this girl wasnt real because of all the lies. There is no evidence that he was naive.

Its just as likely that he was duped and found out before she "died" but because others knew this girl existed in Te'o's world, he decided to just kill her off thinking it would just go away and not blow up to a national story.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)

My "anti Notre Dame stances"?

You don't think EVERYONE is questioning this? From what we've heard, the folks at ND have known Te'O was full of s*** since October.

It has nothing to do with being a fan of ND or not. It has everything to do with people having a difficult time believing that someone could possibly be this naive, and believing why he would perpetuate this "online relationship" as some incredible love story to the press.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 06:37 PM)
And let's be honest, dude didn't visit his girl in the hospital or attend her fake funeral, which is proof in my book that he knew a long, long time ago, before these events took place in his fictional timeline that he was being conned. And IMO, it makes me seriously think he was involved all along, especially when he says things to the media like his girl's breathing picked up while in a coma when she heard his voice over the phone. That's proof right there that Manti was playing us all. How can some people not see this?

I could buy this if this was 1999.

But to have a 4 year relationship and not get a real time pic, webcam, face time,skype,etc isnt being naive or dumb.

If and when Te'o speaks, the media better ask him about how he never sought different ways to actually see her through those avenues.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:45 PM)
I could buy this if this was 1999.

But to have a 4 year relationship and not get a real time pic, webcam, face time,skype,etc isnt being naive or dumb.

If and when Te'o speaks, the media better ask him about how he never sought different ways to actually see her through those avenues.

indeed. I got duped back in 2000. talkin' to this girl on-line who had a SEXY ass voice and said people said she looked like pochahantas or however you spell it. And I believed her. Talked to her for like 4 months. never got a pic from her. but i never suspected she was lying. we finally set up a meeting and god f***ing damn. b**** looked like urcala the seawitch from littler mermaid. i ain't never been right since. but at that point, it was either webcam or i ain't talkin' to you.