Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think that Te'o would atleast ask for hospital info and check up on it when this girl was there.

I know if I was having a relationship with a girl who I could never see and always had an excuse on why she couldnt meet, I'd be weary of this person being honest with me and I'd start doing my own little investigation.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:13 AM)
LOL at Teo saying he wasn't convinced she was fake until two days ago. If that is the case he is one of the stupidest people on the planet.

but ND said Te'o was already planning on exposing the hoax next week.

Surely ND isnt lying here....

Te'o is thinking this will all go away now. ahhaha

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
You guys are ridiculous. I cannot comment in this thread anymore. There's no evidence what so ever Teo was involved. None after 48 hours. And there's tons of people and stories coming up saying he was duped.

It's because the story is so ludicrous that a guy could be duped in this way for so long.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:20 AM)
It's because the story is so ludicrous that a guy could be duped in this way for so long.

But we're suppose to take his word that he was duped and ignore how he has basically lied about everything else he's ever said when it came to this girl and his relationship.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 11:56 PM)
This is a story that will blow up next week, as ND was the one who reached out to the fundraiser in question I believe after the title game (if the report is true, which in this story, it's safe to say no one has any idea now).

From what I read, it was just a ND alum trying to do something. Not a school fundraiser.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 07:13 AM)
LOL at Teo saying he wasn't convinced she was fake until two days ago. If that is the case he is one of the stupidest people on the planet.

And makes some of the stuff the ND AD said completely contradict this. Also, I wonder how long it took CAA to decide to use the word "tailor" instead of saying he lied to the media.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 07:35 AM)
From what I read, it was just a ND alum trying to do something. Not a school fundraiser.

Yes, not a school fundraiser, but ND still reached out to the kid to help out with it with. If you knew it was a hoax and about to become a national story, you would think you would try to distance yourself from anything and everything relating to Te'o gf.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 07:11 AM)
You'd think that Te'o would atleast ask for hospital info and check up on it when this girl was there.

I know if I was having a relationship with a girl who I could never see and always had an excuse on why she couldnt meet, I'd be weary of this person being honest with me and I'd start doing my own little investigation.

He said he just didn't think of visiting her in the hospital.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:39 AM)
Yes, not a school fundraiser, but ND still reached out to the kid to help out with it with. If you knew it was a hoax and about to become a national story, you would think you would try to distance yourself from anything and everything relating to Te'o gf.

I guess it will come down to who knew what when they sent the video person over to do a youtube story on the fundraiser.

Given the importance of the story, it may have been on a need to know basis.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:41 AM)
Can't recall where I saw it earlier, but ESPN hates Deadspin so much, they're doing everything they can to try and turn people against them and their Te'o story today.

Between Deadspin always calling ESPN out on their s*** and Deadspin actually breaking this story, this must be killing ESPN.

It's pretty obvious ESPN is jealous and they werent sitting on this story before it broke. They never had it to begin with. The Deadspin editor is even calling them out on saying they had the story and wasnt ready to release it.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 12:18 AM)
You guys are ridiculous. I cannot comment in this thread anymore. There's no evidence what so ever Teo was involved. None after 48 hours. And there's tons of people and stories coming up saying he was duped.

I have a bridge for sale if youre interested.

If you guys can give me one logical motive as to why Teo would be in on this hoax ill listen. And don't say media attention and heisman votes, he was not a heisman canadite when this fake GF died. Not even close.

And like I said he lied to the media avoid looking like a loser with an online girlfriend.

If there was a coverup some anonymous source absolutely would have come out by now

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 01:02 AM)
Schaap was about the last credible guy espn had left. Hell, it is why he was assigned to the story. But yeah, he's lost all of his integrity tonight.

Yeah ESPN has lost their credibility because they're telling Manti's side of the story. Theyve not really offered an opinion on it yet. You guys all sound ridiculous right now.

Sorry schaap isn't saying this loser manti is lying so there no reason to report what he said.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 08:02 AM)
If you guys can give me one logical motive as to why Teo would be in on this hoax ill listen. And don't say media attention and heisman votes, he was not a heisman canadite when this fake GF died. Not even close.

And like I said he lied to the media avoid looking like a loser with an online girlfriend.

If there was a coverup some anonymous source absolutely would have come out by now

And to also make the relationship seem much, much more serious than it ever was.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 08:06 AM)
Yeah ESPN has lost their credibility because they're telling Manti's side of the story. Theyve not really offered on it yet. You guys all sound ridiculous right now.

Sorry schaap isn't saying this loser manti is lying so there no reason to report what he said.

Huh?

No, he has no integrity left to take an interview that can't be filmed and the lawyer has to be there.