Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 09:35 PM)
Is there a team that's played from the BCS title that was worse than this ND team?

Nebraska vs Miami in 2002 was a pretty big blowout. Miami up 34 - 0 at half. But it finished 37-14. ND could lose by 50.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 10:38 PM)
Nebraska vs Miami was a pretty big blowout. Miami up 34 - 0 at half. But it finished 37-14. ND could lose by 50.

oh yeah, forgot about that Nebraska team.

Dumbass Larry Coker showing too much respect for Nebraska. He should have ran it up on NU just like NU use to do to teams.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 09:42 PM)
Guys Taylor Martinez said Big Ten defenses are better than SEC defenses. SEC sucks!

Bama does not represent the entire SEC, they didn't have a good bowl season for a supposed dominant conference. Nick Saban has a machine on his hands.

Friend 1: Regardless of tonight's score, ND had the best season in NCAA football this year in my opinion.

Friend 2: Can't disregard Ohio State. Just not bowl eligible.

Me: Or, you know, Bama.

And for the record I dislike both teams. All 3 if we're counting OSU.

1: Nope, Notre Dame had a more fun season to watch and in my opinion played better quality teams. You cant discount an undefeated season

Me: Better quality than Bama...?

2: Like Ohio state!

1: I think so. Everyone is on the SEC's dick and its undeserved in my opinion. I would even put Ohio States season before Alabama's

2: THEY WERE UNDEFEATED!

Me:The best teams ND played was Oklahoma and Michigan. Michigan played Bama, who also had Georgia and LSU.

And quite frankly it doesn't matter, because unless you're hoisting the trophy you don't have the best season. And if the SEC reputation isn't deserved, why is it wiping the floor with ND?

Again, hate both teams, but come on. Alabama had a higher SOS.

1: Fact of the matter is, they lost. Granted to a great team in A & M but still, a loss is a loss.

Me: Notre Dame is losing by much more to Alabama than Alabama lost to A&M...

Same friend:

No worries [friend 3], it's just his opinion. Just because you hoist a trophy doesnt mean you were the best team. ND had reason to be #1 ib the nation and was simply put, UNDEFEATED. Bama has a loss. The SEC is no doubt the best conference in college football, but they arent as good as everyone wants to make them to be. Team like ND, Ohio State, Michigan, and Oregon could easily beat the best from the SEC

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 09:57 PM)
Same friend:

No worries [friend 3], it's just his opinion. Just because you hoist a trophy doesnt mean you were the best team. ND had reason to be #1 ib the nation and was simply put, UNDEFEATED. Bama has a loss. The SEC is no doubt the best conference in college football, but they arent as good as everyone wants to make them to be. Team like ND, Ohio State, Michigan, and Oregon could easily beat the best from the SEC

He does realize that ND & Michigan actually played the best team from the SEC? :lol:

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 09:58 PM)
He does realize that ND & Michigan actually played the best team from the SEC? :lol:

I pointed it out and then said they got stomped by Bama.

" I never claimed the ND would easily beat bama...I said that they can go toe to toe with anyone from the SEC. Theyre having a s***ty game but that doesnt mean theyre a s***ty team"

" Ok I retract my earlier statement. I meant to word it differently. But that doesnt mean im going back on what i said"

Edited by Quinarvy