Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 12:19 PM)
I realize that winning was a long shot, but you still need to call a good play for the situation, and BK has failed to do that many times. I just think he's reached his ceiling at ND and if they want to be able to beat SEC teams in bowl/playoff games, it's going to take somebody else.

It's funny that he was known for his offense everywhere else.

It's funny that he was known for his offense everywhere else.

All I can figure is that everywhere else he has been, he was able to get superior talent to the point that it didn't matter what plays he called, they were going to work. Now he's up with the big boys and every little flaw gets exposed.

+Lizzy Seeberg

That's 0% on Brian Kelly. Flaws in the ND police procedures? Maybe. No charges filed though, so it would be a terrible precedent for a coach to suspend/boot a player when no charges are filed and the school took no administrative action.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 12:53 PM)
That's 0% on Brian Kelly. Flaws in the ND police procedures? Maybe. No charges filed though, so it would be a terrible precedent for a coach to suspend/boot a player when no charges are filed and the school took no administrative action.

LOL, ok. The football coach knew nothing about it being swept under the rug since it was his player. I've read the domers standard retorts so i dont need to see it again, I was making the point that its in the same category as enabling the death of a student, which it is.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)

Mizzou suspended and eventually removed Mike Dixon from the basketball team for two rape accusations where no charges were filed. And I'm very glad they did that.

Mizzou suspended and eventually removed Mike Dixon from the basketball team for two rape accusations where no charges were filed. And I'm very glad they did that.

I'm sure lots of people were glad about the Duke lacrosse players getting expelled too.

LOL, ok. The football coach knew nothing about it being swept under the rug since it was his player. I've read the domers standard retorts so i dont need to see it again, I was making the point that its in the same category as enabling the death of a student, which it is.

No, it's not in the same category. Coaches don't have anything to do with criminal investigations. Coaches have a lot to do with sending kids up on scissor lifts in unsafe situations.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 01:01 PM)
No, it's not in the same category. Coaches don't have anything to do with criminal investigations. Coaches have a lot to do with sending kids up on scissor lifts in unsafe situations.

It's funny that you believe that. Campus police and administration would NEVER try to protect a football player and their coach would NEVER hear about crimes being committed. That's exactly why Paterno was INNOCENT DAMMIT!!

It's funny that you believe that. Campus police and administration would NEVER try to protect a football player and their coach would NEVER hear about crimes being committed. That's exactly why Paterno was INNOCENT DAMMIT!!

The county prosecutor has a long history of not getting along with the University. There is no way they cover up anything for the football team. Hell, they go out looking to catch football players drinking underage!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)
The county prosecutor has a long history of not getting along with the University. There is no way they cover up anything for the football team. Hell, they go out looking to catch football players drinking underage!

THE HORROR!!!!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 01:07 PM)

And Paterno knew nothing and Tressel never lies. I know the story.

And Paterno knew nothing and Tressel never lies. I know the story.

Whether or not Kelly knew anything isn't the issue. The prosecutor's office investigated and decided not to bring charges. How else is the coach supposed to be involved? In Paterno's case it was clear that he knew about criminal activity and didn't report it. In Tressel's case he knew NCAA violations had been committed and not reported? This situation at ND does not fit either of those criteria.

Why don't you just give your hatred for ND a f***ing rest OK?

Alex Anzalone decommits from Notre Dame for Florida

Pennsylvania high school linebacker Alex Anzalone has de-committed from Notre Dame, and is planning on enrolling early at the University of Florida, according to Irish Illustrated, reportedly in part due to Brian Kelly's NFL interest.

Anzalone originally committed to Ohio State, but de-committed after a run in with a convicted sex offender in Columbus last spring. He committed to Notre Dame in early July, but was still being pursued by several teams, including the Florida Gators. Anzalone is the first Notre Dame commit to change his mind following the Irish's 42-14 loss to Alabama in the BCS Championship Game.

The Gators have been in pursuit of Anzalone for a long time, so it's no surprise if he ends up at Florida after his long and winding recruitment. If he does actually enroll early in Gainesville, it's a big win for Florida, as they'll be adding a player rated in the top 50 prospects in the country. The Wyomissing, Pa., native is a consensus four-star prospect, and listed in the top five of inside linebacker prospects.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 02:05 PM)
Whether or not Kelly knew anything isn't the issue. The prosecutor's office investigated and decided not to bring charges. How else is the coach supposed to be involved? In Paterno's case it was clear that he knew about criminal activity and didn't report it. In Tressel's case he knew NCAA violations had been committed and not reported? This situation at ND does not fit either of those criteria.

Why don't you just give your hatred for ND a f***ing rest OK?

LOL, ok dude. I'll keep my "hatred (truth)" away from your team, I understand how painful an offseason is when you've been demolished in the BCS title game.

LOL, ok dude. I'll keep my "hatred (truth)" away from your team, I understand how painful an offseason is when you've been demolished in the BCS title game.

There's no truth to any of the f***ing bulls*** you've been posting. You're desperate to paint a scarlet letter on ND when one isn't there.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 03:40 PM)
There's no truth to any of the f***ing bulls*** you've been posting. You're desperate to paint a scarlet letter on ND when one isn't there.

huh? I'm desperate for what exactly?

All you can say is that no charges were filed, well thats because the poor girl took her life after the university and the police took no action because "it was football season and they are busy." In the meantime she received threatening text messages to "not mess with Notre Dame football." Lucky for that player that the girl he violated had such emotional issues that she took her own life and he kept his eligibility while the story was completely swept under the rug.

So what about that is inaccurate?

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 08:05 PM)
Whether or not Kelly knew anything isn't the issue. The prosecutor's office investigated and decided not to bring charges. How else is the coach supposed to be involved?

That makes it sound like your defending a coach doing nothing if he indeed in fact know something. That's a horrible stance to.take.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
The word "commit" means nothing in college football until signing day.

Our insiders have been calling him to Florida for some time, there just wasnt a spot for him until today it appears. Odd recruitment in general. Seems as though he didnt tell his friends or his future roommate. It did enable us to jump ND in the scout team rankings which is awesome.

That makes it sound like your defending a coach doing nothing if he indeed in fact know something. That's a horrible stance to.take.

He let the legal process play itself out and then chose not to suspend the player due to no charges being filed. That's not defending a coach for doing nothing--it's defending a coach for doing what he's supposed to do.