Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:27 PM)
ND is just lying for Te'o. That whole college is a fraud, from Touchdown Jesus to this

ND SUCKS!!!

Not sure if ND is lying.

Even deadspin partially concludes that Te'o' may have been a victim:

Was this Lennay Kekua? We spoke with friends and relatives of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo who asserted that Ronaiah was the man behind Lennay. He created Lennay in 2008, one source said, and Te'o wasn't the first person to have an online "relationship" with her. One mark—who had been "introduced" to Lennay by Tuiasosopo—lasted about a month before family members grew suspicious that Lennay could never be found on the telephone, and that wherever one expected Lennay to be, Ronaiah was there instead. Two sources discounted Ronaiah's stunt as a prank that only metastasized because of Te'o's rise to national celebrity this past season.

Like i said earlier. Tweet out a picture manti. Tweet us a picture of you two together. A picture of you and the girl you posted other pictures of. That will crush this story It's as easy as that. The deadspin article is completely squashed if you give us 1 picture of the two of you together. I'm betting we never see it

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
I have no clue. All Im saying is if I was Deadspin id have been a little bit more cautious.

Id have run the article, but Id have led with a disclaimer that its based upon research and opinion, and that other evidence may arise to vindicate Te'o but at this moment with the information we have this is our conclusion.

deadspin did. it was in the article.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:32 PM)
Like i said earlier. Tweet out a picture manti. Tweet us a picture of you two together. A picture of you and the girl you posted other pictures of. That will crush this story It's as easy as that. The deadspin article is completely squashed if you give us 1 picture of the two of you together. I'm betting we never see it

The official story is Te'o' was duped and that he is a victim of fraud.

Your right we will never see a pic. Te'o is a joke and I hope this scumbag falls to the 7th rd

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
Not sure if ND is lying.

Even deadspin partially concludes that Te'o' may have been a victim:

If that's the case, then multiple quotes that Deadspin produced from press reports involved Te'o lying to the press about their having met, for whatever reason.

I find it fairly unlikely that he could have gotten such a serious relationship with someone whose family he never met and whose online presence was apparently not her own. I can't fathom that anyone would have a girlfriend in college who only exists online and you've never met.

A commenter wondered if this ends in him coming out of the closet. That seems plausible.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:34 PM)
The official story is Te'o' was duped and that he is a victim of fraud.

But Teo said he met her. They went on vacation. He met her in the parking lot. This is all per Teo. So the only possible hoax is the long con that has been suggested in which another girl claimed she was Kekua and then faked her death for some reason (presumably monetary)

Even assuming he was duped he must have met someone at some point, someone he clearly spent a lot of time with. Someone who would have had a pic of herself and her superstar boyfriend

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
But Teo said he met her. They went on vacation. He met her in the parking lot. This is all per Teo. So the only possible hoax is the long con that has been suggested in which another girl claimed she was Kekua and then faked her death for some reason (presumably monetary)

Even assuming he was duped he must have met someone at some point, someone he clearly spent a lot of time with. Someone who would have had a pic of herself and her superstar boyfriend

Some other girl being the person Te'o reportedly met would still leave the problem of how that person matched the photos that were being used of the person, including photos being shared by the press.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:38 PM)
If that's the case, then multiple quotes that Deadspin produced from press reports involved Te'o lying to the press about their having met, for whatever reason.

No those are 2 different things.

If this is truly a criminal hoax as the ND statement implies, it is very possible that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo had one of his friends that was a girl play the part of gf.

The reason that Im not entirely sure is that Deadspin quotes Te'o's father as saying that Te'o met her"

2010-2011: Te'o and Kekua are friends. "She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them" (South Bend Tribune). "They started out as just friends," Te'o's father, Brian, told the Tribune in October 2012. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

Now there are 3 scenarios there. 1) Father is in on it. 2) Father was being duped by Te'o. 3) Te'o really met a girl, but she was not who she said she was.

That wouldnt be the first or last time a girl pretended to be someone else to try and either get fame or fortune.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
Some other girl being the person Te'o reportedly met would still leave the problem of how that person matched the photos that were being used of the person, including photos being shared by the press.

For now, I guess that will be the story.

I wonder what happened in December that would either make him realize he was being conned or realize that the jig was up.

I can see a number of young women making star athletes fall in love with them, and then right when they are going to be drafted in the Nfl and make millions. . .BAM! pretend their dead.

Te'o is a fraud!!