Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:43 PM)
No those are 2 different things.

If this is truly a criminal hoax as the ND statement implies, it is very possible that Ronaiah Tuiasosopo had one of his friends that was a girl play the part of gf.

The reason that Im not entirely sure is that Deadspin quotes Te'o's father as saying that Te'o met her"

Now there are 3 scenarios there. 1) Father is in on it. 2) Father was being duped by Te'o. 3) Te'o really met a girl, but she was not who she said she was.

That wouldnt be the first or last time a girl pretended to be someone else to try and either get fame or fortune.

None of these explain how any random person would match the photos which were being shared with the press, put on the person's facebook/twitter pages, and running on the evening news.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:43 PM)
Some other girl being the person Te'o reportedly met would still leave the problem of how that person matched the photos that were being used of the person, including photos being shared by the press.

Im not saying that Te'os argument is bulletproof.

I am saying that I have seen some pretty elaborate frauds on professional athletes that involve women. So I would not be shocked to find out that the girl in the picture actually had some sort of roll in this.

Once they get a hold of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo, well find out really quick what happened. If Te'o was involved hes going to roll immediately.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:44 PM)
For now, I guess that will be the story.

I wonder what happened in December that would either make him realize he was being conned or realize that the jig was up.

Family members coming out of the woodwork asking if Te'o will give them money for the dead insert (daughter, niece, etc.)

And sometimes people who are committing cons quit when they think they are about to be found out. Think about it like this. Te'os gradma dies. Maybe Te'o starts sending txts to his gf about how he wants to marry her, that she needs to see him, hes so heartbroken, that hell pay for her to come to ND immediately.

How do you keep the con up?

Safest bet is to kill her. Te'o is already emotionally f***ed up from grandma, hes not about to start an investigation

And for the record, Im no ND fan. I just strongly believe in innocent until proven guilty.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
Occums razor states that the simplest answer is most often the correct answer. What is so f***ed up is that this thing has quickly evolved into th deadspin story being the simplest answer

This. Unless something absolutely unreal happens, Te'o is a bastard.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:52 PM)
Occums razor states that the simplest answer is most often the correct answer. What is so f***ed up is that this thing has quickly evolved into th deadspin story being the simplest answer

I personally think the simplest answer is that Te'o was a victim of a con artist named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

The reason is that this girl dates back to 2008, and supposedly Ronaiah Tuiasosopo played this con on someone else.

I just dont think Te'o is smart enough to run such a long con. And none of the timing makes sense if it was truly just a con for publicity.

But it could be him, its just hard to tell when you are investigating cons. Because a good con artist makes the other person believe the con is legit.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
I personally think the simplest answer is that Te'o was a victim of a con artist named Ronaiah Tuiasosopo.

The reason is that this girl dates back to 2008, and supposedly Ronaiah Tuiasosopo played this con on someone else.

I just dont think Te'o is smart enough to run such a long con. And none of the timing makes sense if it was truly just a con for publicity.

But it could be him, its just hard to tell when you are investigating cons. Because a good con artist makes the other person believe the con is legit.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 04:40 PM)
But Teo said he met her. They went on vacation. He met her in the parking lot. This is all per Teo. So the only possible hoax is the long con that has been suggested in which another girl claimed she was Kekua and then faked her death for some reason (presumably monetary)

Even assuming he was duped he must have met someone at some point, someone he clearly spent a lot of time with. Someone who would have had a pic of herself and her superstar boyfriend

I feel like if Te'o was being conned, he would have come out around September and been like "I don't know who the hell this is. Why are we saying my girlfriend died? She's not real. I've never seen the woman who's face is all over the news."

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)

The problem is, you have no simple explanation for the photos unless the person Deadspin interviewed was in on it (and that could be verified by seeing if she'd traveled to Hawai'i).

And Manti Te'o is convinced the beautiful stranger will be watching too Saturday, somehow.

Lennay Kekua was a Stanford student and Cardinal football fan when the two exchanged glances, handshakes and phone numbers that fateful weekend three seasons ago.

She was gifted in music, multi-lingual, had dreams grounded in reality and the talent to catch up to them.

The plan was for Kekua to spend extensive time with the whole Te'o family when upwards of 40 of them came to South Bend in mid-November for ND's Senior Day date with Wake Forest.

"They started out as just friends," Brian Te'o said. "Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there. But within the last year, they became a couple.

"And we came to the realization that she could be our daughter-in-law. Sadly, it won't happen now."

About the time Kekua and Manti became a couple, she was injured in an auto accident. There were complications during her recovery. And it was also during her recovery that it was discovered Kekua had leukemia.

"That was just in June," Brian Te'o said. "I remember Manti telling me later she was going to have a bone marrow transplant and, sure enough, that's exactly what happened. From all I knew, she was doing really, really well."

Kekua, who eventually graduated from Stanford, was, in fact, doing so well that she was released from the hospital on Sept. 10. And Brian Te'o was among those congratulating her via telephone.

Less than 48 hours later, at 4 a.m. Hawaii time, Kekua sent a text to Brian and Ottilia, expressing her condolences over the passing of Ottilia's mom, Annette Santiago, just hours before

http://articles.southbendtribune.com/2012-...rish-head-coach

If she really visit him in Hawaii, there must be many pics of them both together.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:58 PM)

But how did tuiasasopo con Teo? Teo told the world that he met his GF in the Stanford parking lot, went on vacation with her, met her family. Told the world she was in a car a accident, told the world her casket was closed at 9am. So if tuiasasopo played Teo, how do you explain Teo telling us all of this and meeting her many times?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:01 PM)
What con was he running, though? The "girl" "died" already. RT would have had to front money for a supposed trip to Hawaii for some random girl. What's he getting out of this?

Well if he somehow became Te'os agent or something else, potential millions of dollars?

Youve never heard of people trying to get in with athletes when they are young so that they can make money in the future?

Do you know who Lebron James agent is?

Its Rich Paul, one of his closest friends.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8766225/...t-espn-magazine

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:04 PM)
But how did tuiasasopo con Teo? Teo told the world that he met his GF in the Stanford parking lot, went on vacation with her, met her family. Told the world she was in a car a accident, told the world her casket was closed at 9am. So if tuiasasopo played Teo, how do you explain Teo telling us all of this and meeting her many times?

He paid a girl to pretend that she was interested in Te'o so that Te'o would get closer tuiasasopo as a friend. Then when Te'o is at his weakest moment (Grandma death) take away girlfriend leaving teo only with tuiasasopo to rely on. Thus tuiasasopo becomes Te'o's confidant and best friend.

This would be a pretty classic con.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:06 PM)
He paid a girl to pretend that she was interested in Te'o so that Te'o would get closer tuiasasopo as a friend. Then when Te'o is at his weakest moment (Grandma death) take away girlfriend leaving teo only with tuiasasopo to rely on. Thus tuiasasopo becomes Te'o's confidant and best friend.

This would be a pretty classic con.

Te'o supposedly met her family. Did he con that, too?