Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:48 PM)
I read the Deadspin article. It proves this was a hoax. It doesn't prove anything about him being in on it.

LOL there's no he he's not in on it. That's what that article shows.

He claims he met her et al. Please try, to explain that.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:32 PM)
Some chick makes up a name and leads him on for a while before faking her death. He's far from the first guy this has happened to, just the most famous.

How can you call anybody your real girlfriend when you've never met her in person?

Sure, that might not be too low to go for some loner on the internet, but for a star college football player?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
So I guess when ND isnt killing kids, they're making up kids to kill off.

Classy school.

Don't forget playing players who were suspected of sexual assault. The victim killed herself so they never got a trial.

LOL there's no he he's not in on it. That's what that article shows.

He claims he met her et al. Please try, to explain that.

He didn't want to admit to his friends it was only an online relationship? Who knows? Of course college kids NEVER exaggerate how far they've gone with a woman.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
And when law enforcement clears him you'll say they are in on it too, right?

What would they be charging him with? And what happens if they don't clear him, they just hate Notre Dame?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:51 PM)
So I guess when ND isnt killing kids, they're making up kids to kill off.

Classy school.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:44 PM)
So do we think he really was talking to a girl via the internet and possibly the phone, and exaggerated her into a real girlfriend? Or do we think he was in on this all along?

He and his family were in on it. His dad said she flew out to hang out with him in Hawaii a few times.

So Teo was either in on it

Or

He lied about meeting her. Told his dad to lie about her coming to Hawaii. In addition to those first two parts, was dumb enough to be "in love" via an online relationship. Lied about meeting ulani (kekuas alleged sister).

You can choose, but given the fact that Teo and Tuiassasopo are "like family" I know what I'm choosing.. Oh and Someone in the deadspin article (which has proven to be completely reputable to this point so far ) also said they are 80% sure Teo was in on it

The sheer quantity of falsehoods about Manti's relationship with Lennay makes that friend, and another relative of Ronaiah's, believe Te'o had to know the truth. Mostly, though, the friend simply couldn't believe that Te'o would be stupid enough—or Ronaiah Tuiasosopo clever enough—to sustain the relationship for nearly a year.
Edited by daa84

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:57 PM)
How comes he "told" ND about it on 12/26 yet answered questions about her during the pregame special in jan?

BINGO................we have a winner...............he is a LIAR!

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:56 PM)
I believe money was raised for the "girlfriend's" family. That's fraud. He was either in on it or he wasn't.

I havent heard anything about him being the one personally raising the money though. Nobody has accused him of a crime from what I can tell.