Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 05:54 PM)
He and his family were in on it. His dad said she flew out to hang out with him in Hawaii a few times.

Yeah, but there is a difference between him roping his dad into this AFTER he realized he was a schmuck and had been exaggerating about his online girlfriend to everyone (perhaps he actually never met her, but made those parts up because he didn't want to admit that she was just an "online" relationship), or if he and his family deliberately set out to create this hoax from the beginning.

I'm not sure which to believe.

I really want to give Teo the benefit of doubt because I hope no one would be this sick/dumb.

But for him and ND to keep up this act after he came clean to ND on 12/26 is pathetic. I understand they dont want the distraction but they could have told him to not to comment on any questions regarding her.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:36 PM)
Yeah, but there is a difference between him roping his dad into this AFTER he realized he was a schmuck and had been exaggerating about his online girlfriend to everyone (perhaps he actually never met her, but made those parts up because he didn't want to admit that she was just an "online" relationship), or if he and his family deliberately set out to create this hoax from the beginning.

I'm not sure which to believe.

He lived at home when she supposedly visited him. It's just so stupid.

And the original story he told reporters was that they met n person at the USC game. Now he was scammed by someone he never saw.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:41 PM)
He lived at home when she supposedly visited him. It's just so stupid.

And the original story he told reporters was that they met n person at the USC game. Now he was scammed by someone he never saw.

What I'm saying is that he made up those stories because he was embarrassed to admit he had never met her and that she was just an online relationship. People do this sort of thing all the time, especially before the advent of facebook, and the proliferation of sharing photos and the like on the internet.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:44 PM)
What I'm saying is that he made up those stories because he was embarrassed to admit he had never met her and that she was just an online relationship. People do this sort of thing all the time, especially before the advent of facebook, and the proliferation of sharing photos and the like on the internet.

And I look forwards to more stories about how important his faith is in driving him and his quest for truth.

@realfreemancbs

Theory about why Manti did what he did has reached NFL team circles and if true absolutely explains his actions.

@realfreemancbs

If this theory is true, Manti would end up being one of the most important stories in history.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:52 PM)
And I look forwards to more stories about how important his faith is in driving him and his quest for truth.

I'm not defending him...just speculating on what actually happened.

I think he's quite the loser, to be honest.

But maybe he isn't...did this attention, despite the negative attention he is receiving today, earn him millions of dollars he might have not earned otherwise?

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 06:53 PM)
@realfreemancbs

Theory about why Manti did what he did has reached NFL team circles and if true absolutely explains his actions.

@realfreemancbs

If this theory is true, Manti would end up being one of the most important stories in history.

I have no idea what that could be.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:53 PM)
@realfreemancbs

@realfreemancbs

He's gay.

I don't understand people saying he did this for the money or awards. He was picked by many to be a first round draft pick before the college season even started.

Also he was gonna win alot of those awards regardless. You don't make up a giant story like that to add one or two extra college awards.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:59 PM)
But that presumes he's covering up his homosexuality, which, as of today, has not been any kind of story, has it?

no but we dont know if there were rumors around ND and he was trying to silence them.

he must be gay

my post about occums razor earlier, now has the simplest explanation of him being gay IMO

think about it - he goes to ND, a catholic school, and is a mormon. If the world finds out he is gay, he will be (improperly and unfortanately) ostracized. He has a "gf" who was in a car accident. (just as tuiassasopo was) what happens? someone finds out he and tuiassasopo are actually gay, - he needs to squash the story somehow so more people dont look into it. so what do they do? tell ppl that the "GF" was killed off so nobody goes asking more questions.

maybe that not the simplest answer, but it is perhaps more plausible than him dating a fictional person for an entire year, and intentionally creating a media frenzy about his dead girlfriend for the purpose of publicity.

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 08:06 PM)
no but we dont know if there were rumors around ND and he was trying to silence them.

So he couldn't have a few ladies leaving his room in the morning or something?

I must admit, you guys are right...this is the obvious answer...

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 07:07 PM)
he must be gay

my post about occums razor earlier, now has the simplest explanation of him being gay IMO

think about it - he goes to ND, a catholic school, and is a mormon. If the world finds out he is gay, he will be (improperly and unfortanately) ostracized. He has a "gf" who was in a car accident. (just as tuiassasopo was) what happens? someone finds out he and tuiassasopo are actually gay, - he needs to squash the story somehow so more people dont look into it. so what do they do? tell ppl that the "GF" was killed off so nobody goes asking more questions.

maybe that not the simplest answer, but it is perhaps more plausible than him dating a fictional person for an entire year, and intentionally creating a media frenzy about his dead girlfriend for the purpose of publicity.

That would certainly add a new twist.