Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Michigan jumped the gun scheduling Utah, Colorado and Oregon State all before the planned 2017 beginning.

It makes sense though. I had forgotten that the Pac 12 is playing a 9 game schedule. If I were USC or Stanford, I wouldn't look forward to playing 9 league games, ND and a Big Ten team with only one other open game to schedule. Other teams would have simillar situations. If they were playing 8 games, it would be more realistic. My guess is 9 league games will be coming.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 07:47 PM)
Any Illini fans see the home schedule this year? It should lead to a lot of wins, but holy hell is it unexciting.

W. Michigan

Charleston Southern

La. Tech

Penn State

Indiana

Minnesota

Purdue

is it possible to have an easier home conference schedule within the Big 10?

Of course they get killed on the road conference schedule.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)
Any Illini fans see the home schedule this year? It should lead to a lot of wins, but holy hell is it unexciting.

W. Michigan

Charleston Southern

La. Tech

Penn State

Indiana

Minnesota

Purdue

W. Michigan's probably a game again, La Tech will be too. Penn State should be tough too.

You'd think the other conference games would help, but my guess is at least 2/3 are pretty close even if we win. It's the type of schedule you need to take advantage of, but may not. I'd much prefer this schedule with a new staff than to have it exciting and guaranteed to lose more games.

But man, the 3/4 weeks with at Michigan, at OSU, and at Wisconsin is just brutal. Chalk those up before the season starts and focus on the other 9. The ASU and Penn St games are the biggest games on the schedule.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 11:02 PM)
is it possible to have an easier home conference schedule within the Big 10?

Of course they get killed on the road conference schedule.

Yeah, to have Illinois visiting you. :D

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2012 -> 06:47 PM)

W. Michigan

Charleston Southern

La. Tech

Penn State

Indiana

Minnesota

Purdue

Times like these are when its just not great that your dad has season tickets and loves coming down for every game :unsure:

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
Ray Ray Armstrong just got dismissed from the Miami football team.. What a waste of talent! I wonder what route he chooses now.

D-II to mid-late round draft pick.

Amazing how dumb some athletes could be. If this was a few years ago he misses a game or two but Miami isnt going to mess around right now with the NCAA still searching for something to grasp onto.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 05:50 PM)
D-II to mid-late round draft pick.

Amazing how dumb some athletes could be. If this was a few years ago he misses a game or two but Miami isnt going to mess around right now with the NCAA still searching for something to grasp onto.

You dont think this was a preemptive strike against those allegations? Al la Pryor going pro so the NCAA couldnt touch him?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:09 PM)
You dont think this was a preemptive strike against those allegations? Al la Pryor going pro so the NCAA couldnt touch him?

No because I dont see him sitting the entire year out. Maybe if the supplemental draft hadnt taken place already then I could see him leaving and entering that draft. Plus this had to do with him going to dinner with a booster. He did the same thing last year and got cleared. I think Miami just got tired of him and figured he wasnt worth the risk.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 23, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
With PSU & OSU ineligible, Wisconsin has quite the cakewalk to get into the B1G championship game this season. Their only competition now is Purdue, Indiana & Illinois.

Something illegal needs to break at Wisconsin.

Also, with PSU and OSU out...finish 2nd in the division (out of everyone else) and you could have a really good shot at a significant bowl game. Please do something with the opportunity.

You better beat up on Penn St at home as well.

Edited by IlliniKrush