Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:15 PM)
I just don't see great motives out there, by anyone. The most plausible motive is that he's gay, but at this point we can only speculate as to the truthfulness of that speculation. Still leaves questions to be answered, even if you go with the sexuality cover-up theory.

No matter what the truth is here, none if it makes sense. The gay thing makes the most sense if you're defending manti but it's still f***in absurd.

This story no matter what is the most bizarre thing ever.

You can fix anything with a tear filled press conference and talking about how being a gay football player at a catholic school scared you into doing something that you could have never imagined. And you are so sorry for everything, but you just didnt know what to do, and unless you are a (fill in blank) you dont understand how hard it is.

That being said, when I read his quotes from before there is something more here. It cant just be a cover up of being gay, something had to have happened at that time to all of a sudden kill her off. I mean some of these quotes go out of their way to talk about her.

If that is just for self-promotion, hes a sociopath. And the problem with me believing that, is basically every other story about him being a good person is has been true.

I really am kind of perplexed.

Only a sociopath would kill off his fake girlfriend the day his grandmother died. Its one thing that he had the hoax going to begin with, it goes to a whole new level of wtf when you look at the timing.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 11:41 PM)
Also, ESPN should be ashamed of themselves. They had this for 10 days and did nothing, they just wanted to protect a narrative.

I'm not in the journalism business, but from what I understand, this sort of thing happens much more than you'd realize.

He wanted to boost his celebrity and public image by portraying himself as a hero in the face of loss and tragedy. Thus, he invented this fictitious hot girlfriend who would eventually die and created the storyline to attract widespread sympathy and grab attention. He pulled the trigger on her death after his grandmother genuinely died because a double tragedy would make his story so much more heroic.

Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

Te'o is training in preparation for the NFL draft at the IMG Institute in Bradenton, Fla. He is No. 8 on Mel Kiper's latest draft board.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...apparently-hoax

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:58 PM)
L K ‏@LennayKay

It isn't fair to drag Reagan and Troy into this.. a lot of truths and myths need to be addressed here, and they will be at noon PST tomorrow

Who is Troy?

The only 2 I know of are Aikman and Polumalu.

What has been said about Polumalu and this?

Other than hes Samoan and that would then go back to my this is somehow like a nigerian prince scam.

(edit)

The Aikman part was a joke, I just hadnt read an connection with Polumalu.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 10:56 PM)
Reagan Mauia, an Arizona Cardinals fullback, said he believes Kekua existed because he met her in person when he and other Polynesian teammates and Pittsburgh Steelers star Troy Polamalu went to do charity work in American Samoa in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," Mauia said Wednesday evening. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was -- I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

Mauia said Tuiasosopo -- whom Mauia believes is Kekua's cousin -- introduced the two. After the initial meeting, Mauia said he met her at an "after-party" for all of the athletes involved in the camp.

"She was tall," he said. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model ... "

He said it is his understanding that Kekua's mother is operating her Twitter account. He said he'd never met her mother. When told by a reporter that she apparently might not have existed, Mauia said: "No, she is real."

Te'o is training in preparation for the NFL draft at the IMG Institute in Bradenton, Fla. He is No. 8 on Mel Kiper's latest draft board.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/...apparently-hoax

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 11:04 PM)
What has been said about Polumalu and this?

Other than hes Samoan and that would then go back to my this is somehow like a nigerian prince scam.

(edit)

The Aikman part was a joke, I just hadnt read an connection with Polumalu.

"Every once in a while, she would travel to Hawaii, and that happened to be the time Manti was home, so he would meet with her there."

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's not Te'o's parents saying that they ever met her. At least if that's the quote everyone is relying on.