Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:51 PM)
indeed. I got duped back in 2000. talkin' to this girl on-line who had a SEXY ass voice and said people said she looked like pochahantas or however you spell it. And I believed her. Talked to her for like 4 months. never got a pic from her. but i never suspected she was lying. we finally set up a meeting and god f***ing damn. b**** looked like urcala the seawitch from littler mermaid. i ain't never been right since. but at that point, it was either webcam or i ain't talkin' to you.

Good rule of thumb is that any girl you see on the internet subtract at least 2 from.

Even webcam id say if she looks like an 8, more likely a 6.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 06:51 PM)
indeed. I got duped back in 2000. talkin' to this girl on-line who had a SEXY ass voice and said people said she looked like pochahantas or however you spell it. And I believed her. Talked to her for like 4 months. never got a pic from her. but i never suspected she was lying. we finally set up a meeting and god f***ing damn. b**** looked like urcala the seawitch from littler mermaid. i ain't never been right since. but at that point, it was either webcam or i ain't talkin' to you.

lol, there are a lot of us who fell for the "no picture" game back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 06:21 PM)
So TMZ is reporting that Te'o started dating a real person in November and it lasted about 2 months.

I've never had a girlfriend die so maybe you move on after 2 months...

You do when you never actually met her...

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 05:45 PM)
I could buy this if this was 1999.

But to have a 4 year relationship and not get a real time pic, webcam, face time,skype,etc isnt being naive or dumb.

If and when Te'o speaks, the media better ask him about how he never sought different ways to actually see her through those avenues.

Agree completely. This isn't the AIM days, he's already said she had an iPad that she wrote those letters on. She could have easily face-timed Manti, not one f***ing excuse not to.

There are so many questionable elements to what is already a questionable online relationship that I can't believe anyone could think he's innocent here.

Manti is hiding something significant, because as I mentioned before, he claims to have proof of the con or should at least be able to attain some if his story is true (like his AT&T bill), yet he's still hiding from the press as we speak. Innocent people don't hide from accusations.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

Wasn't asked about her, went out of his way to grow the legend

Chris Fowler: There were a lot of cameras around you this year, there was so much public sharing of very private moments, which shared moment will you never forget above the others?

Manti Te'o: I think I'll never forget the time when I found out that, you know, my girlfriend passed away and the first person to run to my aid was my defensive coordinator, Coach [bob] Diaco, and you know he said something very profound to me, he said ‘this is where your faith is tested.' Right after that, I ran into the players' lounge and I got on the phone with my parents – and I opened my eyes and my head coach was sitting right there. And so, you know, there are a hundred-plus people on our team and the defensive coordinator and our head coach took time to just go get one [of those players]. You know I think that was the most meaningful to me.

This was Dec 8

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 06:38 PM)
What could Manti have done?

"I don't want to talk about my girlfriend, it's just too difficult."

NO ONE IS GOING TO QUESTION THAT.

No one is gonna be like "NAH b**** TALK ABOUT YOUR DEAD GIRLFRIEND'

For that particular question, don't talk about any dead people. Talk about celebrating with your teammates after going undefeated. Anything really. Nope, he knew Heisman voters were voting on back story and not production so he hammed it up.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 07:38 PM)
What could Manti have done?

"I don't want to talk about my girlfriend, it's just too difficult."

NO ONE IS GOING TO QUESTION THAT.

No one is gonna be like "NAH b**** TALK ABOUT YOUR DEAD GIRLFRIEND'

Or he could have shared something about his grandmother!

Do you realize he didn't even say "when my grandmother AND my girlfriend passed away"?

This was AFTER he found out this was all a hoax, and he is still retelling stories about this.

He was just loving the attention.

The hate is becoming so rabid that I'm feeling more and more for Manti. He's an amateur athlete, a Mormon kid, I'm going to stick with his story until I see better evidence. I don't blame him for sticking with the story after he became pretty sure something strange was going on. You have to go to the grave with that story until Deadspin or somebody comes out with the hoax.

If he was hoaxed, all those formative experiences with teammates surrounding her "death" are still real. He was still devastated and his team/family still had to help him pull through.

There are lots of questions to be answered, but I don't like jumping on a person who only has vague, circumstantial evidence surrounding him and is the ONLY person who has the potential to be victimized. If Te'o is not a victim, then nobody is. I hate ND, but I don't automatically hate this kid. I need more than him being dumb and not strong enough to explain to the media that he had an online only girlfriend that turned out to be a fake person.

Anyway, back to reading and waiting for more facts and testimony to come out.

QUOTE (Jake @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 08:41 PM)
The hate is becoming so rabid that I'm feeling more and more for Manti. He's an amateur athlete, a Mormon kid, I'm going to stick with his story until I see better evidence. I don't blame him for sticking with the story after he became pretty sure something strange was going on. You have to go to the grave with that story until Deadspin or somebody comes out with the hoax.

If he was hoaxed, all those formative experiences with teammates surrounding her "death" are still real. He was still devastated and his team/family still had to help him pull through.

There are lots of questions to be answered, but I don't like jumping on a person who only has vague, circumstantial evidence surrounding him and is the ONLY person who has the potential to be victimized. If Te'o is not a victim, then nobody is. I hate ND, but I don't automatically hate this kid. I need more than him being dumb and not strong enough to explain to the media that he had an online only girlfriend that turned out to be a fake person.

Anyway, back to reading and waiting for more facts and testimony to come out.

This isn't about Notre Dame, this about a person who capitalized off a fake trauma for attention.

There are people out there who will never have a serious relationship their whole life, there are people who will lose a loved to illness or tragedy, and there are people who will overcome terrible events in their lives and still find a way to accomplish great things.

Manti Ta'o is a fraud and an insult to people who face real pain and suffering in this world. None of us may know the whole truth behind what happened, but it is clear as f*** that this kid played up the lie to build up his legacy. Regardless of what football team he plays for that's f***ed up and he deserves no sympathy.

His grandma really did die.

He really wrote letters to cancer patients, etc trying to help them.

Unless it turns out he started this hoax from the beginning, hes most likely just a early 20s guy who is really really dumb and let a situation get out of control.

He wont be the first, he wont be the last.

QUOTE (SexiAlexei @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 03:13 AM)
So he did an off camera interview with ESPN?

Why is this so secret? And what's his major connection to ESPN?

An off camera interview late on a Friday with your lawyer present? This story is just so ridiculous.

Edited by fathom

Ok, Te'o's explanation gets more ridiculous.

The woman apparently called him and wanted to restart the relationship, saying she faked her own death to elude drug dealers?

And again, he didn't ask about a funeral, or think about going to it?

Story gets weaker by the minute.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 09:29 PM)
This isn't about Notre Dame, this about a person who capitalized off a fake trauma for attention.

There are people out there who will never have a serious relationship their whole life, there are people who will lose a loved to illness or tragedy, and there are people who will overcome terrible events in their lives and still find a way to accomplish great things.

Manti Ta'o is a fraud and an insult to people who face real pain and suffering in this world. None of us may know the whole truth behind what happened, but it is clear as f*** that this kid played up the lie to build up his legacy. Regardless of what football team he plays for that's f***ed up and he deserves no sympathy.

1. Nd tried to publicize a fundraiser in her name after dec 26

2. ND did more for this story than for a rape case/ suicide involving their players and also a student who died as a direct result of their head coaches actions.

It's more than just him.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 05:52 AM)
1. Nd tried to publicize a fundraiser in her name after dec 26

This is a story that will blow up next week, as ND was the one who reached out to the fundraiser in question I believe after the title game (if the report is true, which in this story, it's safe to say no one has any idea now).

So Te'o is saying people will understand he wasnt involved when the facts come out.

What the f*** is taking so long for the "facts" to come out? Telling the truth shouldnt take a few days, especially since he was going to come out and admit he was duped in a few days.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 18, 2013 -> 11:30 PM)
So Te'o is saying people will understand he wasnt involved when the facts come out.

What the f*** is taking so long for the "facts" to come out? Telling the truth shouldnt take a few days, especially since he was going to come out and admit he was duped in a few days.

Hey dude unrelated but have you heard any rumors about your situation as far as sanctions?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 19, 2013 -> 12:32 AM)
Hey dude unrelated but have you heard any rumors about your situation as far as sanctions?

well Twitter was abuzz saying the Notice of Allegations were due within 72 hours and that was last Saturday. So who knows when that will come.

But the talk is that Miami has been cooperative so that is helping. Miami's President has a good rep within the NCAA. Talk is the bowl bans and ACC title ban will be good enough and Miami will probably play with 80 scholarships for a few years.

Plus it looks like the NCAA might go after a few assistants but rumor is Randy Shannon will be cleared since its on record that he wanted players to avoid Shapiro. Louisville might be feeling this the most because the main assistant who was around Shapiro is Clint Hurtt and he gets a lot of Florida kids to UL. He may be looking at the show-cause penalty. Haith's name has been brought up but those will be minor issues at the most.