Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)
If a kid wants to stay there, they most likely are going to stay there, if none of these events had changed their mind a couple coaches won't do it.

Illinois/any school recruiting there is for the kids who WANT to transfer, which I'm assuming is a vast majority of them.

People are literally preventing the kids that dont' want anything to do with this from leaving the athletic facilities. It is pathetic. It is one thing if you reach out to a player who previously showed interest or you leave a call, but to seriously stalk every football player that comes out, thats pathetic, disgusting, and slimy.

Jeremy Werner ‏@WernerConnectFM

Illini assistants waited at a restaurant in State College - off PSU campus - for players that wanted to talk to them.

#illini Tim Beckman said 8 assistants were in State College but not on the PSU campus. They didn't go to players, had players come to them.

#illini Tim Beckman said 2 PSU players contacted him before he pursued. Had previous relationships with players when recruited at Toledo

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 12:50 PM)
People are literally preventing the kids that dont' want anything to do with this from leaving the athletic facilities. It is pathetic. It is one thing if you reach out to a player who previously showed interest or you leave a call, but to seriously stalk every football player that comes out, thats pathetic, disgusting, and slimy.

I haven't seen any legitimate reports saying that, and I agree if that is happening then it's slimey, no matter the bias.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 12:52 PM)
I haven't seen any legitimate reports saying that, and I agree if that is happening then it's slimey, no matter the bias.

The reports are from extremely biased woe is me PSU bloggers. Sketchy info at best.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 26, 2012 -> 03:00 PM)
WTF? Big 10 is moving the ball to the 25 on touch backs now?

NCAA wide rule change. Kickoffs go up to the 35 yard line with no running starts for the kicking team, and touchbacks on free kicks will be brought out to the 25 now. Also, if any player loses his helmet during a play, they HAVE to leave the field for at least one play or it is a 15 yard penalty.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:16 AM)
NCAA wide rule change. Kickoffs go up to the 35 yard line with no running starts for the kicking team, and touchbacks on free kicks will be brought out to the 25 now. Also, if any player loses his helmet during a play, they HAVE to leave the field for at least one play or it is a 15 yard penalty.

the pussification continues.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 11:10 AM)
+1.

Man I wish we had another home and home with each other the next couple of years.

Yeah, that would be pretty fun. Last year's game pretty much sucked. Both teams were pretty bad and the game was very uneventful for the most part.

Going to to tough with these 9 league conference games coming up.

Your team does play UCF this year. I dont think OSU should be worried but I think UCF will atleast provide a good test to see where your team is at going into conference play. I know George O'Leary and Meyer dont care for each other so it might make things a little more interesting. UCF has a RB named Storm Johnson who spent a year at Miami under Shannon before Golden ran him off. He is really talented and would be without question the Miami starter if he didnt transfer.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 05:43 PM)
Yeah, that would be pretty fun. Last year's game pretty much sucked. Both teams were pretty bad and the game was very uneventful for the most part.

Going to to tough with these 9 league conference games coming up.

Your team does play UCF this year. I dont think OSU should be worried but I think UCF will atleast provide a good test to see where your team is at going into conference play. I know George O'Leary and Meyer dont care for each other so it might make things a little more interesting. UCF has a RB named Storm Johnson who spent a year at Miami under Shannon before Golden ran him off. He is really talented and would be without question the Miami starter if he didnt transfer.

UCF is going to be a sleeper team this year, I suspect they are bowl bound and a decent one at that.

Yeah both of us sucked coming off good seasons and are kind of on the uptick. In a year or two would have been good timing especially since we lost the Vols and the Pac 12 games.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
Just in case you need more on the "Illinois pitching tents in the parking lot" story and how none of it has any basis in facts, and it's just lazy journalism and looking for the SMU story:

http://alioneye.com/2012/07/30/ridiculous-silliness/

The media never lets facts get in the way of a good story.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)
UCF is going to be a sleeper team this year, I suspect they are bowl bound and a decent one at that.

Yeah both of us sucked coming off good seasons and are kind of on the uptick. In a year or two would have been good timing especially since we lost the Vols and the Pac 12 games.

I was just talking about this with a buddy the other day. We were both really disappointed about losing OSU from the schedule. Would have been a fun series.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 30, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
I was just talking about this with a buddy the other day. We were both really disappointed about losing OSU from the schedule. Would have been a fun series.

Yeah, as I said last year, I was 100% coming down for that one.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 27, 2012 -> 06:09 PM)

Whoops, UCF gets hit with a bowl ban for LOIC.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
Whoops, UCF gets hit with a bowl ban for LOIC.

Pretty big blow to them. They are headed to the Big East next year so they could have used the extra 10-15 practices in December.

UCF is appealing but I doubt anything will come of it and nor should anything come from it. They deserve the ban, just sucks for them since they had high expectations. Easier to take a bowl ban when your team is headed to some third-tier bowl(ex. Miami last year).

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 07:51 AM)
Greg Reid continues his dumbass-ness and gets kicked off the team. Good riddance. I'm glad Jimbo dropped the hammer.

I'm surprised. I figured he would have gotten suspended for a couple of games, but then again, I didn't read too much into the whole story. Good for Jimbo. Regardless, that will be a big loss on the field (even if you guys have depth to fill the void).

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 11:13 AM)
I'm surprised. I figured he would have gotten suspended for a couple of games, but then again, I didn't read too much into the whole story. Good for Jimbo. Regardless, that will be a big loss on the field (even if you guys have depth to fill the void).

It's a big loss in the return game. But honestly, the defense is so loaded this year that we should be fine, especially since whoever they plug in at the second corner gets to play across from Xavier Rhodes