Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Aug 1, 2012 -> 10:20 AM)
It's a big loss in the return game. But honestly, the defense is so loaded this year that we should be fine, especially since whoever they plug in at the second corner gets to play across from Xavier Rhodes

At least as a positive it should mean Karlos Williams will find a starting spot on the field now. I would have to believe Brooks moves to CB and Los takes over FS. Or Joyner to CB, but I worry about his height.

Am i the only one who finds it weird that one of the best RBs in college football got jumped out of nowhere and A:he didnt appear to fight back, and B he said he did not know his attackers?

Seems fishy

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 02:36 PM)
Am i the only one who finds it weird that one of the best RBs in college football got jumped out of nowhere and A:he didnt appear to fight back, and B he said he did not know his attackers?

Seems fishy

Where'd you get that part from? And no that's not surprising, if you take a hard blow to the head and are surrounded by attackers/on the ground, you might not even be coherent enough to attempt to defend yourself, especially if things happen quickly.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:38 PM)
Where'd you get that part from? And no that's not surprising, if you take a hard blow to the head and are surrounded by attackers/on the ground, you might not even be coherent enough to attempt to defend yourself, especially if things happen quickly.

Look, I wasnt there so obviously I dont know the whole story, but these guys are machines. They get hit for a living. I just cant imagine him getting knocked down and not getting up and going nuts. JMO

Nothing ever good happens after midnight. Thats for sure

Richard Obert ‏@azc_obert

OL Ryan Nowicki just told Illinois coaches he will be playing for them, leaving Penn State

Brings it to a total of 8 transfers.

Silas Redd - RB - USC

Ryan Nowicki - OL - Illinois

Anthony Fera - K/P - Texas

Jamil Pollard - DT - Rutgers

Kevin Haplea - TE - FSU

Khairi Fortt - LB - Cal

Rob Bolden - QB - LSU

Tim Buckley - FS - NC State

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Look, I wasnt there so obviously I dont know the whole story, but these guys are machines. They get hit for a living. I just cant imagine him getting knocked down and not getting up and going nuts. JMO

Well, the initial report is of him having a concussion, and of people responding pretty quick. If 5 guys were kicking him on the ground for more than a few seconds, he'd be in much worse shape. And presumably, the first blow that started everything was to the head if it knocked him to the ground, so there was very likely some "being dazed" involved.

Oh, and yes, it is hard to believe it was a completely random, unprovoked attack/robbery that managed to find him. Not impossible, just not likely, unless Madison has roving gangs of young men beating and robbing people these days.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 02:00 PM)
2 am is bar time, there are tons of random fights at that time.

Ive been apart of one that started over the line for Gin's Chicken.

Of course you arent the giant star running back heisman hopeful for the badgers. But yeah, samezies.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 07:55 PM)
Of course you arent the giant star running back heisman hopeful for the badgers. But yeah, samezies.

I have no idea what you are talking about. Almost every year there is at least 1 fight involving a football player that gets reported to the media.

The reason I mentioned the story is because the people who started the fight were football players. It just didnt get reported like most fights involving scholarship athletes.

/shrugs

But I guess youd have more personal knowledge on Madison at 2am then I would.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
I have no idea what you are talking about. Almost every year there is at least 1 fight involving a football player that gets reported to the media.

The reason I mentioned the story is because the people who started the fight were football players. It just didnt get reported like most fights involving scholarship athletes.

/shrugs

But I guess youd have more personal knowledge on Madison at 2am then I would.

You werent there so not sure how you being there at one point has to do with that particular fight. We all went to college and I was jumped and hit with a brick in the face and it has nothing to do with this.

Badger football is huge as you know and there is no way the attackers didnt know that was Montee Ball. No way. I took your post as saying it was just a random jumping of a person, if that wasnt the case then I am mistaken.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 08:07 PM)
You werent there so not sure how you being there at one point has to do with that particular fight. We all went to college and I was jumped and hit with a brick in the face and it has nothing to do with this.

Badger football is huge as you know and there is no way the attackers didnt know that was Montee Ball. No way. I took your post as saying it was just a random jumping of a person, if that wasnt the case then I am mistaken.

I dont think it was a random jumping at all. Im saying that there are a lot of fights that happen and its hard to tell what the reasoning is, especially at 2am when everyone is leaving the bar.

There are a ton of rumors floating around, one of them is that the football team got in a fight with some guys, and these guys then attacked Ball as retribution. Ball denies it, but who knows.

I was saying that in college people get in fights and Ball had a strange incident at the Mifflin block party this year.

If I had to bet, I would say its about a girl Montee banged.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 4, 2012 -> 04:39 PM)
Im still not sure anyone knows the reason for the first fight. As I said 2 days ago, there were rumors about a previous fight, but Ball was denying involvement.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/06/montee-balls...l-victim-photo/

Not gonna go away apparently. Luckily you can suspend Ball if need be for the first couple of games and it wouldnt matter.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 6, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/06/montee-balls...l-victim-photo/

Not gonna go away apparently. Luckily you can suspend Ball if need be for the first couple of games and it wouldnt matter.

What exactly would Ball be suspended for?

An alleged fight that occurred where the victim didnt even call the police or report it?

That isnt exactly good evidence.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 7, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
Illinois playing Washington at Soldier Field in 2013. Love it.

Awesome. The new AD is all about Chicago. Hopefully this game is not a disaster like I heard the first Soldier Field game vs. Wazzu was.