Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

damn, those loss of ships will hurt.

I expect something close to that for Miami. Funny how nothing comes from Cam Newton or all the cars/suits for Trent Richardson and Alabama players.

Atleast Miami sat out a crap bowl last year. So if its two years then its really only 1 going forward.

Who the hell knows really.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)
damn, those loss of ships will hurt.

I expect something close to that for Miami. Funny how nothing comes from Cam Newton or all the cars/suits for Trent Richardson and Alabama players.

Atleast Miami sat out a crap bowl last year. So if its two years then its really only 1 going forward.

Who the hell knows really.

LSU paid the same guy for players and they were on probation when it occurred.

Deanthony Thomas looks like he's going to be ineligible.

We are the Michigan Wolve......Notre Dame Fighting Irish!

Well, ND has hired Brian Kelly and changed their uniforms. Might as well join a conference and start recruiting thugs and destroy the rest of what made us special.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Well, ND has hired Brian Kelly and changed their uniforms. Might as well join a conference and start recruiting thugs and destroy the rest of what made us special.

What a myth. ND is recruiting the same players everyone else is. What initially made Notre Dame special was that they were incredibly powerful at playing football, that was destroyed a long time ago.

ND is recruiting the same players everyone else is.

I know that for a fact to not be true--at least not before Brian Kelly. Stanford, Northwestern, and maybe Vanderbilt are the only schools who don't have at least a few players that ND would not touch.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
I know that for a fact to not be true--at least not before Brian Kelly. Stanford, Northwestern, and maybe Vanderbilt are the only schools who don't have at least a few players that ND would not touch.

So if I went back and looked at your top 10 recruits for the last 10 years I would only find offers from ND, Vandy, NW, and Stanfords of the world? I can do the work, just trying to clarify your point.

If you are talking about walk-ons, yeah thats where everyone makes up the grade disparity, but if you are blaming this on Kelly, that could be why his starting QB is still not eligible.

So if I went back and looked at your top 10 recruits for the last 10 years I would only find offers from ND, Vandy, NW, and Stanfords of the world? I can do the work, just trying to clarify your point.

That's not my point at all. The other teams are not 100% players that ND would not take. The other teams all have SOME players that ND would not take. The only teams who are 100% players that ND would take are the three schools I mentioned.

Isnt this why Holtz left ND? Back when he was around he was able to get more kids who were a little weaker on the academic side in to school.

Nowadays the school doesnt let as many kids slide in because they play football and that is why they havent competed for a national title in 20 some years.

Isnt this why Holtz left ND? Back when he was around he was able to get more kids who were a little weaker on the academic side in to school.

Nowadays the school doesnt let as many kids slide in because they play football and that is why they havent competed for a national title in 20 some years.

Yeah, at the very beginning, Holtz got a couple kids in that weren't typical ND material, and after they won the NC in 1988 that trend got reversed. In the mid-90s, Holtz finally got fed up at admissions rejecting too many of his recruits.

I have a feeling that Kelly is having some success in getting the university to swing things back in the other direction.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 17, 2012 -> 06:47 AM)
That's not my point at all. The other teams are not 100% players that ND would not take. The other teams all have SOME players that ND would not take. The only teams who are 100% players that ND would take are the three schools I mentioned.

Gotcha.

Well, they cant all be Aaron Craft....

I think Kelly's recruiting jives very well with most of the top football factories in the country, we'll see if that buys him time or rope to hang himself with.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
What a myth. ND is recruiting the same players everyone else is. What initially made Notre Dame special was that they were incredibly powerful at playing football, that was destroyed a long time ago.

And the "they play on national TV every Saturday" thing.