Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
Looks like mizzou G Jack Meiners just has a strained MCL and may be back for Georgia. Super pumped to hear that. I was fearing he was out for season.

I really hope yall beat UGA. Such an unbearably pompous fan base considering they've never won anything. Of course, living in Atlanta and listening to sports talk here has increased my Georgia hatred a lot. Also, this year they have the easiest schedule in the history of the SEC, which means it's very likely they'll win the SEC East.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
I really hope yall beat UGA. Such an unbearably pompous fan base considering they've never won anything. Of course, living in Atlanta and listening to sports talk here has increased my Georgia hatred a lot. Also, this year they have the easiest schedule in the history of the SEC, which means it's very likely they'll win the SEC East.

Well, me too. But you never know what team shows up in week 2.

Now here's a schedule.

Tulsa

@Iowa

Western Illinois

Texas Tech

@ #20 TCU

#22 Kansas State

@ #19 Oklahoma State

Baylor

#4 Oklahoma

@ #15 Texas

@ Kansas

#11 West Virginia

You guys and your s***ty Big Ten football. :P

Seriously though, Thursday and then Saturday need to get here.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 05:23 PM)
Well, me too. But you never know what team shows up in week 2.

Columbia is going to be absolutely f***ing rocking for that one. If they can't win that one, it's going to be a long year I think.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 07:52 AM)
Columbia is going to be absolutely f***ing rocking for that one. If they can't win that one, it's going to be a long year I think.

I don't think this game means that much. We have a lot of new pieces on the Oline, WR, and RB, it might take a bit. But I'm excited for our Dline.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)

I wouldn't say that. Georgia is picked to win the SEC East by pretty much everyone and with their easy schedule should easily make a BCS bowl game. If yall lost to them, I think Missouri would still have a chance to have a good year.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:22 AM)
I wouldn't say that. Georgia is picked to win the SEC East by pretty much everyone and with their easy schedule should easily make a BCS bowl game. If yall lost to them, I think Missouri would still have a chance to have a good year.

It's more a statement on how big the home field advantage is going to be. If you can't win a big game with how the crowd is going to be, you're not going to win any big games. They may still rack up some wins, but it won't be a memorable year. That game is massive for Mizzou.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
It's more a statement on how big the home field advantage is going to be. If you can't win a big game with how the crowd is going to be, you're not going to win any big games. They may still rack up some wins, but it won't be a memorable year. That game is massive for Mizzou.

On a neutral field, Georgia's probably what, a 10-13 point favorite? I don't think Mizzou home field is worth nearly that much.

Thursday's game between Texas A&M and Louisiana Tech at Shreveport has been postponed to October 13 due to Hurricane Isaac. Lucky for both schools that they had the same bye week.

Tulane is supposed to play Rutgers Saturday in the Superdome and I have a hard time seeing that one getting played.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
On a neutral field, Georgia's probably what, a 10-13 point favorite? I don't think Mizzou home field is worth nearly that much.

They still think they have a chance to compete in the SEC. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy as the destruction unfolds.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)

It's not like the crowd will be any different from what they're used to on the road in the SEC, so it's not going to be something new for them. But I will say that Georgia has typically struggled on the road, so you definitely have a shot.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)

It's not, but I'm worried about a snowball effect from losing that one.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
They still think they have a chance to compete in the SEC. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy as the destruction unfolds.

Define compete. I don't see that much of a difference from the schedule they played last year. I don't see why they can't post a .500 record in the league this year.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 01:41 PM)
Define compete. I don't see that much of a difference from the schedule they played last year. I don't see why they can't post a .500 record in the league this year.

I don't know, and I don't really care all that much to be honest. I just like talking smack about Mizzou. :P

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 07:41 PM)
Missouri, I know you can do better than this... Oh, and trash talking about a 1960s football game against Florida? Hahaha. This video is excellent.

PLEASE PLEASE SHOW US MERCY and never bring this up again.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 04:59 AM)
GAMEDAY!!

:headbang

I hope you freaking pummel James Franklin and Vanderbilt into the ground. I have no problem with Vandy - I've always liked them - but I can't stand James Franklin and I really hope yall put them in there place. The popular pick seems to be everyone taking Vandy (at least against the spread). Please prove them wrong.

I even heard a guy call into a national sports talk show today and pick Vandy to win the East. Seriously?

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 11:25 AM)
:headbang

I hope you freaking pummel James Franklin and Vanderbilt into the ground. I have no problem with Vandy - I've always liked them - but I can't stand James Franklin and I really hope yall put them in there place. The popular pick seems to be everyone taking Vandy (at least against the spread). Please prove them wrong.

I even heard a guy call into a national sports talk show today and pick Vandy to win the East. Seriously?

The James Franklin lovefest is sickening. I never realized how easy it was to get people to buy into unfounded hype, but damn, people have lost their minds about Vandy and Franklin. I'm sure they are going to be playing on hype and emotion early on, but that only goes so far. Then, depth and talent takes over. I don't think it will be any kind of blowout, but I do think it will be a 13-17 point win, which I'm more than ok with.

As for the East thing, I've heard that as well. I guess no one realizes that their 6-7 record last year consisted of wins over Elon...Connecticut...Army...Ole Miss...Kentucky...and Weak Florist.

Yeah, I'm impressed.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 10:45 AM)
The James Franklin lovefest is sickening. I never realized how easy it was to get people to buy into unfounded hype, but damn, people have lost their minds about Vandy and Franklin. I'm sure they are going to be playing on hype and emotion early on, but that only goes so far. Then, depth and talent takes over. I don't think it will be any kind of blowout, but I do think it will be a 13-17 point win, which I'm more than ok with.

As for the East thing, I've heard that as well. I guess no one realizes that their 6-7 record last year consisted of wins over Elon...Connecticut...Army...Ole Miss...Kentucky...and Weak Florist.

Yeah, I'm impressed.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

QUOTE (bmags @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)
My fiancee went to vanderbilt. I root for them to do well when they aren't playing mizzou.

She must be uber hot, all Vandy chicks are dope.

Second, any thoughts on some betting lines this weekend? I already put down heavy on Hawaii.