Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
She must be uber hot, all Vandy chicks are dope.

Second, any thoughts on some betting lines this weekend? I already put down heavy on Hawaii.

home dog under the lights on a thursday night = Vandy $$

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 03:33 PM)
She must be uber hot, all Vandy chicks are dope.

Second, any thoughts on some betting lines this weekend? I already put down heavy on Hawaii.

As an Iowa State fan, I'm really surprised that Tulsa is favored on the road by 1.5. Tulsa may be good, but I really don't think they're going on the road and beating ISU in their opener.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
As an Iowa State fan, I'm really surprised that Tulsa is favored on the road by 1.5. Tulsa may be good, but I really don't think they're going on the road and beating ISU in their opener.

interesting

I jumped on UCF/Akron over 45 on Monday and its up to 49 now.

I'm leaning towards Washington -14.5 vs SDST, Oklahoma -31 vs UTEP. Also like Syracuse to win at home vs Northwestern.

The Bowling Green-Florida game opened at 29 and I was hoping it would go towards the 31 but its dropped to 28.5. With the little offensive talent Florida has right now, I'd take my chances on 30-31 points and hope that BG could score 10-13.

QUOTE (IowanSoxFan @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)

There's another Cyclone. Sweet.

Wowzers, we just can NOT come out strong, ever...I know it was a testy 1st game against a team that played everyone close last year, but damn...

Playcalling was...questionable. Why are you throwing 5 out of 6 plays with a backup QB in, AND a RB that Vandy can't consistently stop?

LOTS of work to do from now until next week, but at least a) I can watch football tomorrow and Saturday without sweating my team's game, and b) we don't play Georgia next week. That'd be ugly

Top 10 team? Not at all, not right now, but there is 11 more of these to go.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 12:01 AM)
So Vandy almost beat a top 10 team? Wow the SEC is so good. (Ignores that South Carolina looked bad) That's how this SEC thing works right?

SC looked like garbage. Defensively they are athletic but undisciplined and the play calling was suspect. I thought Lattimore looked good, but I was worried when he reached down for his knee a few times, maybe thats why they decided not to run him more? If he's 100% like they claim there was literally no reason to ever throw the ball and they probably blow Vandy out.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
SC looked like garbage. Defensively they are athletic but undisciplined and the play calling was suspect. I thought Lattimore looked good, but I was worried when he reached down for his knee a few times, maybe thats why they decided not to run him more? If he's 100% like they claim there was literally no reason to ever throw the ball and they probably blow Vandy out.

cough*oleballcoach*cough

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:16 PM)
Jadeveon Clowny‏@JadeveonClowny

Since its Vanderbilt's QB's birthday if this gets 500 retweets I'll tell him happy birthday after I sack him.

Did he sack the QB? ESPN doesnt have defensive statistics up

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 01:44 PM)

To be fair, that can be expected in week 1. That's why I don't see the reason to ever play a legit team that first week.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)

I don't know that I'd go that far. Lattimore did get 23 carries as it was, and he was drawing quite a crowd when Shaw was out/hurt. The one successful play when they had the backups in was a zone read where Thompson was able to get 9 yards because like 4 people were ready to tackle Lattimore. They had virtually no threat of a passing game at any time, so even with Lattimore/Shaw combining for over 200 yards, they only scored 17. I think they might have been able to cover, but I don't see a blowout with their struggles offensively.