Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:20 PM)
f*** You Penn State

Sincerely,

The World

The healing has been postponed for another week. Oh no!

Man, that made me so happy to watch Ohio comeback and watch the last few minutes of the game as PSU fans had their stupid-assed faces going.

I only wish the Illini were good enough to just smoke the crap out of them...I'll enjoy other good B10 teams just crushing them.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:55 PM)
The healing has been postponed for another week. Oh no!

Man, that made me so happy to watch Ohio comeback and watch the last few minutes of the game as PSU fans had their stupid-assed faces going.

I only wish the Illini were good enough to just smoke the crap out of them...I'll enjoy other good B10 teams just crushing them.

It is a logn season, Illini might be better than we think. Would have been nice if we had a different coaching staff with last years team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 02:50 PM)
Northwestern got bailed out by an absolutely horrid personal foul call against Syracuse.

Meh, it makes up for a couple of pretty questionable pass interference calls and they had another down anyways.

Pretty horrid pass D though, that's not a good sign.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
Iowa played like s*** today.

That Jordan Lynch guy has a chance to be really good in the MAC, if he can figure out how to throw it.

I'm pretty optimistic about this season for NIU considering we nearly beat Iowa without a passing game of any kind today and with several critical mistakes. Today still hurts though because the game was there to be won. Hopefully, we don't lose again this year, because the schedule suggests it's possible. I'll be bemoaning the game today if such a scenario occurs, but whatever.

Our defense is pretty good, but I'm not sure how Iowa's offense is going to do in Big Ten play if they can only put up 3.4 yards a play against us.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
Michigan sucks, I hate SEC hive mind mentality.

Wisconsin was terrible today, not sure what the new OC was thinking but they ran very few regular play action plays, hilariously the 1 they ran went for a TD.

Its early but brutal play calling.

That's really strange. Your OC was our OC last year and he ran a ton of play action.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)
That's really strange. Your OC was our OC last year and he ran a ton of play action.

It was odd, they ran a bunch of empty sets as well which kind of prevents the other team from even playing the run and opening up the passing game.

Just not sure what he was thinking.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 10:44 PM)
It was odd, they ran a bunch of empty sets as well which kind of prevents the other team from even playing the run and opening up the passing game.

Just not sure what he was thinking.

We went empty a lot too, but our QB ran for 1,400 yards so the threat was still there. Can't do it without a very mobile QB, and O'Brien isn't a mobile QB.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:01 AM)
RELEVANT TO MY INTERESTS

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)
It was rainy and a WR ran into me on the sidelines, but it was fun filming the game.

But seriously, WRs running into you is a weird experience.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 10:38 PM)

That's Matt Canada, who was IU's OC my entire time there. He was quite fond of the play action, IIRC. On a related note, I saw him in the barber shop once, he was quite personable.

So, if I can take anything out of last night IU game (besides the fact that we'll be terrible again), it's that Tevin Coleman could be really, really good. He's got good size (about 6'1" 200) and seemed to do a good job moving his feet. He's a true freshman from Tinley Park, not sure which high school though.

But hey, it's only been preseason and a game against an FCS school, so I'll wait and see.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:39 AM)
But seriously, WRs running into you is a weird experience.

I was able to watch the game. Pretty fun/boring in the second quarter. Really impressed by Berkstrasser, he was slingin those balls in there. I'm still pretty worried about playing UGA in week 2 with all of our oline injuries. YOu could tell their inexperience at picking up blitzes, most of the pressures on Franklin were guys coming in untouched.

But, Murphy, Lawrence and Hansbrough in the backfield are quite the threat. I think we'll be alright without Josey.