Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 03:56 AM)
Ive never seen him play. 2 years ago as a freshman he had pretty good stats. Wisconsin was really thin on QB so this was really good for them.

He was AWFUL last year when he played for Maryland

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 11:45 AM)
I'm just happy Spring Practice has started. I had the biggest smile on my face on Monday when I saw pictures of the guys at practice. We're 5 months away from the actual start of College Football season and I'm more pumped about that than any of the current sports going on right now.

So what is the take on Dooley's future? I was reading an ESPN chat wrap and the "expert" said a 7-5 would probably mean the end for Dooley. Is that the general consensus around Tennessee?

QUOTE (zenryan @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 12:02 AM)
So what is the take on Dooley's future? I was reading an ESPN chat wrap and the "expert" said a 7-5 would probably mean the end for Dooley. Is that the general consensus around Tennessee?

I wouldn't be surprised at all if that was the case, but I'll also add that I hate seeing a guy hired in college football, brought into a mess, and not get at least 5 or 6 full seasons, where he has 2-3 recruiting classes of seniors, to go through. But I haven't gotten the impression he's got a ton of strong support higher-up.

This will be his 3rd season, and his first 2 seasons he's had incredibly young teams because Lane Kiffin wiped out the upperclassmen and recruiting class in 2009. They still got people, but the 2009 recruiting class was comparatively quite poor when they were looking at a strong class coming in before the coaching change, and that group will be ~Juniors this year.

They also were really hammered by 2 injuries last year, their QB and best WR.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 06:45 AM)
Ty Issac from Joliet Catholic is considering Michigan. Holy crap. Kid is a beast. Doesn't belong in high school football.

Looks to be a Michigan/USC battle. Seems to be a UM lean right now. Michigan also got a commit from Deveon Smith a RB and #3 player in Ohio (per allen trieu and bill clark on scout). Isaac says that won't matter, but we'll see for sure. He's visited Michigan at least 3x. Hoping he pops for Michigan at the spring game when he visits next. If not, he'll be on summer watch. If it drags on to the beginning of football season, anything can happen.

Never heard of a kid rushing for 500+ yards in a state championship game and losing!

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
Isaac would be the best RB on the team as a freshmen. He'd start in front of anyone else Hoke brings in.

I'd love to see that play out! Especially as we add OL quality and depth.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 29, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)
It's not football season until an Iowa running back tears an ACL. It's amazing how that just happens in Iowa City. Canzieri is the next man down.

Or until they get kicked off the team for violating team rules. Marcus Coker.

• 2 weeks later...

Have a nice little trip planned to start the season. Driving to Shreveport to catch the Texas A&M - La Tech game on Thursday night and then to Dallas Friday to catch Alabama - Michigan on Saturday. Is summer almost over yet? :D

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
Have a nice little trip planned to start the season. Driving to Shreveport to catch the Texas A&M - La Tech game on Thursday night and then to Dallas Friday to catch Alabama - Michigan on Saturday. Is summer almost over yet? :D

No, Petrino needs more time to play on his motorcycle.

From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

link

pretty interesting but nothing really earth shattering. The whispers around the state about these things have been going on for a few years now.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 11:15 PM)
From champs to chomped: How Urban Meyer broke Florida football

link

pretty interesting but nothing really earth shattering. The whispers around the state about these things have been going on for a few years now.

Yawn.

Muschamp hasn't been there long enough to be called a bust and a failure so a Gators fan writes an article blaming it on a coach that brought them 2 national titles and left them with the #1 recruiting class in the country. This is a guy who just a short time ago wrote that Urban was the best coach in football. Everyone, especially floridians know Hayes is a hack.

Is there a fan on this site that wouldn't want to "broken" to the tune of 2 national titles, a huge pool of in house talent and ZERO NCAA infractions?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 9, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)
Yawn.

Muschamp hasn't been there long enough to be called a bust and a failure so a Gators fan writes an article blaming it on a coach that brought them 2 national titles and left them with the #1 recruiting class in the country. This is a guy who just a short time ago wrote that Urban was the best coach in football. Everyone, especially floridians know Hayes is a hack.

Is there a fan on this site that wouldn't want to "broken" to the tune of 2 national titles, a huge pool of in house talent and ZERO NCAA infractions?

Now we're back to normal and disagreeing again. Regardless of whether this guy is a hack or not, there is some merit in what was reported. This stuff was known while Meyer was still at Florida. It's not all new. Whether you believe this guy or not, you can't have your head buried in the sand and actually think there is no odor coming from this hire, can you? Let me give you a piece of advice... I bought into Kelvin Sampson. Don't make the same mistake I did! Meyer is far from squeaky clean. That said, I have no doubt he is smarter than Sampson was.

Edited by Rex Hudler

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 10:36 AM)
Now we're back to normal and disagreeing again. Regardless of whether this guy is a hack or not, there is some merit in what was reported. This stuff was known while Meyer was still at Florida. It's not all new. Whether you believe this guy or not, you can't have your head buried in the sand and actually think there is no odor coming from this hire, can you? Let me give you a piece of advice... I bought into Kelvin Sampson. Don't make the same mistake I did! Meyer is far from squeaky clean. That said, I have no doubt he is smarter than Sampson was.

The article was supposed to show how Meyer "broke" the Gators. ZERO NCAA violations, zero. PLayers were refuting the "statements" made all night on twitter. Its a jaded fan who now sees that Muschamp sucks and wants to blame someone.

ONce again, if Urban Meyer "breaks" my buckeyes to the tune of 2 national titles, numerous conference titles and zero NCAA infractions he will go down as a legend. Every single team in the Big Ten has suspended or had a player go injured that got caught with weed. If thats an indictment of a coach then nobody is doing a good job.

In case you also think he is a Florida fan that has objective opinions on OSU:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=128...e=3&theater

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
The article was supposed to show how Meyer "broke" the Gators. ZERO NCAA violations, zero. PLayers were refuting the "statements" made all night on twitter. Its a jaded fan who now sees that Muschamp sucks and wants to blame someone.

ONce again, if Urban Meyer "breaks" my buckeyes to the tune of 2 national titles, numerous conference titles and zero NCAA infractions he will go down as a legend. Every single team in the Big Ten has suspended or had a player go injured that got caught with weed. If thats an indictment of a coach then nobody is doing a good job.

In case you also think he is a Florida fan that has objective opinions on OSU:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=128...e=3&theater

You sound just like me when Sampson was in town.

I could care less about the article. But there is some truth to it. Meyer is one of the biggest hypocrites in college football. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. This isn't new information. He had detractors while at Florida too. The detractors just have a quieter voice when teams are winning consistently. When the wins slow down, the voices get louder. We shall see if he can replicate his "success" at Florida without a guy named Tebow.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
You sound just like me when Sampson was in town.

I could care less about the article. But there is some truth to it. Meyer is one of the biggest hypocrites in college football. He talks out of both sides of his mouth. This isn't new information. He had detractors while at Florida too. The detractors just have a quieter voice when teams are winning consistently. When the wins slow down, the voices get louder. We shall see if he can replicate his "success" at Florida without a guy named Tebow.

AH, you forget I dont really care for Urban Meyer or his character. My issue is with an article that claims someone broke something when he left them with a TON of talent and two crystal footballs. Its sour grapes, nothing more. And from what I have seen so far in recruiting, he has distanced himself from some guys Tressel would have gladly taken so perhaps he is trying to do things differently, especially with a program on probation.

As far as Tebow goes, he was a bit player in his first national championship, I should know, I had a stake in it. Dont neglect what he did at Utah and BG as well. He's good, very good. I just hope he's clean.

The Sampson comment plays right into my post earlier about IU bball fans and OSU fball fans. Delusion at its finest across the board.

Edited by RockRaines

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 10:29 AM)
AH, you forget I dont really care for Urban Meyer or his character. My issue is with an article that claims someone broke something when he left them with a TON of talent and two crystal footballs. Its sour grapes, nothing more. And from what I have seen so far in recruiting, he has distanced himself from some guys Tressel would have gladly taken so perhaps he is trying to do things differently, especially with a program on probation.

As far as Tebow goes, he was a bit player in his first national championship, I should know, I had a stake in it. Dont neglect what he did at Utah and BG as well. He's good, very good. I just hope he's clean.

The Sampson comment plays right into my post earlier about IU bball fans and OSU fball fans. Delusion at its finest across the board.

What I am saying is regardless of this article, there were rumblings of problems at Florida before he left. They just weren't very loud. It wasn't just coming from this guy. The word was the players were running the program, there was no discipline for the "good" players and while there was talent there were a ton of kids who were bad kids or kids who needed guidance and weren't getting it. The idea that Florida was broken didn't just come from the guy in the article. I'm asking you to take your focus off the article and the guy who wrote it and see that maybe there is some merit to some of the things he said. Florida was ready to take several steps back and Meyer knew it when he left. If you're program is under control, you shouldn't have to quit for health reasons, change your mind, then quit the next year.

QUOTE (Rex Hudler @ Apr 10, 2012 -> 11:56 AM)
What I am saying is regardless of this article, there were rumblings of problems at Florida before he left. They just weren't very loud. It wasn't just coming from this guy. The word was the players were running the program, there was no discipline for the "good" players and while there was talent there were a ton of kids who were bad kids or kids who needed guidance and weren't getting it. The idea that Florida was broken didn't just come from the guy in the article. I'm asking you to take your focus off the article and the guy who wrote it and see that maybe there is some merit to some of the things he said. Florida was ready to take several steps back and Meyer knew it when he left. If you're program is under control, you shouldn't have to quit for health reasons, change your mind, then quit the next year.

Hell, that was half the reason I hated the guy. Snaked top recruits from us which turned out to be good since half the guys he recruited were complete dirtballs. What you said above is pretty well known in the OSU insider circle, he felt like the pressure to take some of those kids led to questionable character across the board within the roster. And actually led to legit stress related health issues. It was something he never faced before at Utah and BG. And the insiders are saying now thats whats keeping from away from certain recruits like Davonte Neal who was smoking weed on his official visit. I am hoping he learned his lesson and stays clean. Hoping. As of now Earle Bruce is one of the guys who has taken the leadership role for the alumni and football program and that is a MUCH better thing than what Urban had in FLA. The fact that the program is on probation has been said to have eliminated some of the leeway that was happening at the end of Tress's tenure.

I still think the article is crap though written by a jaded fan who has seen the team crumble under a bad coach. They have alot of talent regardless of character. Florida wouldnt be half the program it is today without Meyer's tenure. And once again, unlike both of our programs, no NCAA violations, no probation.